• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An undead fights a demon... but it's not Dark Souls

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Low 7-C versions used
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in Oblivion Bar, 5 meters apart

Opera Zombie : 0
Rapper Demon : 0
They work together to make a sick album : 0

Welp, I did say I'll make another Skullgirls match if I conclude one more match. Here you go

Story below, warning : Lots of dialogue

In a dark alleyway at New Meridian, an undead and her parasite were standing by, looking for something.

"Leviathan, what are we looking for?" Squigly asked.
"It should be here somewhere, I know it is" replied Leviathan, poking at the many bricks on the wall.

Suddenly, a door-shaped portal opened up before them and with some convincing from her friend, the undead entered it. The two looked around, finding various magical entities standing around, chatting and drinking as if they were in a normal bar. The words "Oblivion Bar" was engraved a sign hanging by the door. A middle aged man in regular clothes sat at the end of the bar, drinking all on his own.

"Jason Blood! Good to see that you're still around after all this time. If you keep it up, Etrigan might win the record for the longest sustained host" greeted Leviathan.
"Huh, Leviathan? I haven't seen you in centuries. Still living off that family, huh?" asked the man before looking at Squigly "Say, is she old enough to drink? Because we are in a bar".

"Of course not! She was 14 upon dea..." said the parasite having his mouth held shut by his host.
"But I have celebrated 14 more birthdays in the afterlife" replied the undead.

Jason looked at the two with an unimpressed look on his face "This place also serves hard soda. Just to be safe" he said. After making their order, the two sides decided to continue their conversation.

"So what brings you here? You haven't seen me in centuries and remembering the fight you had with Etrigan, I'd say you'd be desperate to come to me" said the man.
"Indeed. You see, we have been resurrected by an ancient power and we seek to destroy it in order to return to the afterlife... Again" replied Leviathan.
"We're looking for the Skull Heart! And then we can go back to looking at dead memes in the tutorial purgatory" added Squigly.

Jason suddenly dropped his glass before standing up, seemingly in sheer terror.

"Look, you were pretty prominent in the magical community. This task cannot possibly be tha..." said the parasite.
"No! I-I can't let you do this! I won't make this mistake again" replied Jason.

"Uh-oh. Jason, listen. You need to calm down...".
"I will not be responsible for unleashing a Skullgirl into this world. Gone gone the form of man. Rise the demon Etrigan!"

A cloud of flames covered the man and visible underneath was a large yellow-skinned humanoid creature with horns and red eyes. He wore a red sleeveless shirt and gray trousers along with a black cape.

"Squigly, prepare for a fight" said Leviathan.
"Hello Leviathan, we meet again. It's time for you meet your end" replied Etrigan.

Squigly generally has more wincons, like Spatial Manip, Shun Goku Saltsu, Type 8 Immo and Intangibility compared to Etrigan's Possession, which has no scans. Pretty sure Squigly also has the higher AP.
Is this a stomp?

Last edited:
Squigly generally has more wincons, like Spatial Manip, Shun Goku Saltsu, Type 8 Immo and Intangibility compared to Etrigan's Possession, which has no scans. Pretty sure Squigly also has the higher AP.
Is this a stomp?
Etrigan also possesses teleportation and fire manip which instantly killed an enemy which downscales from Doomsday

And then here's his teleportation

Oh and his possession is not combat applicable if I recall correctly as it is the result of him inhibiting Jason Blood's body

So he doesn't really have a wincon since Squigly also has Fire Manip, and a superior version of it too. Teleportation won't really help much thanks to Center Stage

Pretty sure this is a stomp

So he doesn't really have a wincon since Squigly also has Fire Manip, and a superior version of it too. Teleportation won't really help much thanks to Center Stage

Pretty sure this is a stomp
Wait how does Center Stage work?

Locks the battlefield to be at a certain point, so the camera doesn't move and therefore nobody can move out the zone Center Stage is activated in

Locks the battlefield to be at a certain point, so the camera doesn't move and therefore nobody can move out the zone Center Stage is activated in
I mean, wouldn't that just prevent him from escaping the battlefield? He can still teleport directly behind her since it's almost instantaneous

(Also wow, that seems like an awesome anti-zoning move. Why doesn't Injustice have a character who could do that? It would be perfect for Scarecrow or something)

It would make him hit the "wall" of the camera if he goes too far out, so teleportation would likely not work

It is, and it's annoying as hell

It would make him hit the "wall" of the camera if he goes too far out, so teleportation would likely not work

It is, and it's annoying as hell
Wait, but wouldn't that also affect her perception manip since she also uses that to move around? And even if the center stage is set on herself, even in the closest zoom in, I'm pretty sure there's still space between her and the camera wall

That last part is pretty funny since IIRC, there are only two characters who are zoners

No, because she doesn't have Perception Manipulation on her page. There'd still be space, yeah, but Leviathan would likely be covering for Squigly from behind anyways

It works on anybody that isn't a zoner

No, because she doesn't have Perception Manipulation on her page. There'd still be space, yeah, but Leviathan would likely be covering for Squigly from behind anyways

It works on anybody that isn't a zoner
Oh sorry I read that as spatial manip, my bad

So stomp, huh?

Well looks like I won't be making Wonder Woman vs Parasoul at all. But since this is a stomp, might as well end the story

With a single breath of fire and a strike from the parasite's tail, Etrigan went down.

"Whew, that was close. Good catch, Leviathan" said Squigly.
"In the end, my race is run. Seriously, that was not fun" replied the demon in pain.

"Stop playing games, Etrigan. Do you have any knowledge of where the skull heart is!?" asked Leviathan while holding him up.
"Alright alright, fine. Try checking this mine" replied Etrigan while showing a map.

The undead proceeded to drop him, thanking him with a smile. Etrigan was in too much pain to notice and simply fainted, turning back to Jason Blood.

Back