• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Ultimate Lifeform Battles A Small Plant (Kaiju No. 9 vs. Bellsprout)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
There was an attempt recently to have Kaiju No. 9 battle a Pokémon, with fairly poor results. So I figured, what the hey, let's try to find a better matchup for this guy. The least I could do after participating in a truckload of KN8 CRTs lately. And after looking through the Pokémon pantheon, I found a particularly fun opponent for the ever-evolving monster that should prove to be interesting to discuss. So, let's see if a foot-tall weed is too much for this big bad.

In the blue corner, we have Bellsprout from Pokémon, and in the red corner, we have Kaiju No. 9 from Kaiju No. 8.

cmSat-w12hR13MkwJ8w10BE7xucoD3LCPmpo_TGP816kqXn1D0w5zriKQkJS1h6CQfOyrwbW0A5jjyPvOOpNDQdny_kHIsjIMscfpIiQIsKv0uNg7N6VOpSTCo1GQ_K-2OCzz1YOzhVtSg
Kaiju.No..9.600.3344603.jpg

• This is a battle to the death or incapacitation, no holds barred.
  • Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.
  • Neither character are allowed any outside help.
  • This battle takes place in Sprout Tower in Violet City, giving Bellsprout the home-field advantage.
  • Pre-Molt Kaiju No. 9 is used.
  • Speed is equalized.
With all this being said, let the debate begin!

• Evolving Monster: 0
  • Pocket Monster: 0
  • Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Simple answer: we don't. However, we assume with Pokémon profiles that they are the absolute apex of their species, and would likely have the knowledge to implement movements like what was witnessed in the Kanto league, especially since it has shown that it can do it there.

No guarantees, but it can be considered likely that it could perform those moves.

Simple answer: we don't. However, we assume with Pokémon profiles that they are the absolute apex of their species, and would likely have the knowledge to implement movements like what was witnessed in the Kanto league, especially since it has shown that it can do it there.
So it might be able to, even if that was a specially trained individual?

Alrighty, let's see

As a first stage Pokemon, Bellsprout should be 647.65 Tons while, since this is Pre-Molt KN9, is > 550 Tons, although KN9 can enhanced his attacks by expanding the size of his projectiles to deal more damage.

As for how Pre-Molt Kaiju No. 9 fights, he spams his air projectiles, and if that doesn't work... he spam even bigger ones. That is his main form of attacking tbh. Can't forget how he can duplicates the number of arms he can utilizes for his air projectiles spam, so his tactics is to essentially overwhelm his opponent his projectiles. He usually aims for the heart but given Bellsprout's physiology, I don't think that is possible. He is strictly a range fighter, he will not engage in close combat unless the opponent somehow force it upon him.

He have RPL, in which if he already see an attack, he can react to it better than before so the same attack is less likely to hit him the more times he witness it

Unlike Post-Molt version, this version has Mid Regeneration which is still good as he can regenerate from injuries to the point of regenerating his head.

EDIT: Also, is Air Manipulation still treated as a Flying-type move? Cause that would beneficial to KN9 if that was the case and allows him to do even more damage than usual.

Last edited:
So it might be able to, even if that was a specially trained individual?
Yes. Its normal tactics would probably not align with this, and it would be safe to assume that it probably won't, but I will say that it could, especially as an apex member of its species.

How do we treat Pokèmon weaknesses, would Bellsprout be weak to those air projectiles?

Presumably, unless it's something about their weaknesses coming from energy specifically in the Plates that all Pokemon moves come from.
I find it hard to believe that a water-type pokemon wouldn't take extra damage from real electricity.
Flying-type is a bit more abstract since it also includes bird-themed attacks, but I'd say wind-based attacks should be super effective.

I mean stuff like Air Cutter exists so logically it extends to that, I'm just curious if we accept that since it's a slippery slope

I mean stuff like Air Cutter exists so logically it extends to that, I'm just curious if we accept that since it's a slippery slope
Even the pokemon moves that are "normal attacks" glow with the energy of that type. For example, peck glows with flying-type energy despite just being a regular bird peck otherwise.
The origin of this power comes from Arceus's plates.

So, I do think that "flying-type" attacks would hurt a grass-type pokemon 2x as much, the only problem is fitting that into our existing powers and abilities.
For example, it's pretty clear that wind-based attacks would be flying-type because the wind-based flying-type moves in Pokemon don't have the winds themselves glow, so there it seems that the wind element itself makes it flying-type.
However, I don't think a grass type being pecked by a normal bird would take 2x damage, because a normal bird's beak wouldn't glow with flying-type energy.

TL;DR
Wind-based attacks probably do 2x, but not bird-themed attacks.
In my opinion. I don't know if there's existing CRTs or discussions for this.

Pokemon abilities come from Arceu's plates and thus we shouldn't equalize wind attacks to flying type moves especially considering there are moves such as vaccum wave which are air based and yet are fighting type attacks.

Pokemon abilities come from Arceu's plates and thus we shouldn't equalize wind attacks to flying type moves especially considering there are moves such as vaccum wave which are air based and yet are fighting type attacks.
Has evidence in support of this been presented & accepted within a CRT?

Has evidence in support of this been presented & accepted within a CRT?
i mean the plates being the origin of all powers has been indeed accepted, just look at Arceus P&A section, however the usage of this in specific vs threads hasn't been accepted.

Still, i already explained why using this typing equalization in this specific instance would be wrong.

i mean the plates being the origin of all powers has been indeed accepted, just look at Arceus P&A section, however the usage of this in specific vs threads hasn't been accepted.
I see. I feel that there should be a CRT to implement the useage of that in specific in Versus Threads.
Thank you for the clarification.

I see. I feel that there should be a CRT to implement the useage of that in specific in Versus Threads.
Thank you for the clarification.
it probably should.

Either way the wind bullets shouldn't be flying type as we have multiple air-based attacks in pokemon such as boomburst and icy wind which are normal type and ice type accordingly and don't get a flying typing by being based on wind.

Still, i already explained why using this typing equalization in this specific instance would be wrong.
Going down this route ignores some basic logic, I feel.
Are we really going to say that a flying-type or water-type isn't damaged more by real electricity?
A ground type wouldn't be immune?
There might even be evidence of this happening.

IIRC, just about anything weak to water hates swimming in the anime

And yet air bullets aren't water or electricity of fire. If you were equalizing some ab electric based attack with an electric type move then that's fibe but you're trying to equalize random air bullets with flying type moves despite the obvious contradictions i already brought up.

IIRC, just about anything weak to water hates swimming in the anime
When? Besides the whole ordeal with Charmander and it's tail, when? Cause i constantly see fire and ground types chilling together in hot springs.
The only thing this seems semi-consistent with them is that they can't swim

IDK, I remember it being a thing in at least Gen V Anime

Well, according to the recent Pokémon CRT our standard is now officially that Pokémon take extra damage from basic elements they're weak to. (And vice versa)

Well, Kaiju No. 9 had recently been upgraded to High 7-C so this match can still continue if Bellsprout is switched to Weepinbell

Pre-Molt Kaiju No. 9 is now superior to someone who can one-shot a kaiju that is 330.95 KT

Last edited:
Back