• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amphibia Revision: Better Justifications, More References: Part 2: Marcy Wu Profile Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is "simple". Here is the proposed new profile of Marcy Wu.
The old Marcy Wu profile:

There are some question regarding the revision:
1) does Marcy "summoning Joe Sparrow from some distance" count as Summoning in VS Battles Wiki? Joe Sparrow does not appear from nowhere when Marcy "summons" him.
2) does these intelligence feats listed are enough for a Genius rating?
3) does Marcy's rejection to The Core's attempt to merge Marcy's mind into The Core translates to some abilities?

It is not the end of Marcy Wu profile revision because of the further research of Amphibia and the upcoming Marcy's Journal: A Guide to Amphibia.

And upcoming Marcy's Journal could justify her full name and her accomplishments.

Last edited:
In Scavenger Hunt there's a line about everyone (aside from Gertie) in Newtopia being geniuses which would include Marcy.
I feel that a statement alone may not enough to qualify genius. Though I personally lean towards Marcy being genius, another knowledgeable member's opinion is important.

The sandbox looks really good. I agree with everything there.

Anyway, to answer your questions:

1.I don’t think that this is enough to qualify for summoning. At most it could be limited. It’s not like Marcy uses some kind of supernatural ability to do it. Normally, she just makes a loud sound( like a whistle or a scream). She probably just trained him to come whenever he hears that whistle or her voice.

2. I’m not super knowledgeable when it comes to intelligence ratings but I do feel Marcy should have a genius rating. With all of the fields that she excels at I think it just makes sense. Also, another good feat you can use is Marcy beating the (over a millennia old) King Andrias at flipwart. Andrias has been described as one of the best players around and was previously undefeated. In the few months between Marcy’s arrival and The First Temple, she managed to learn how to play Flipwart and then beat King Andrias.

3. I pretty sure it would be listed as a limited mind manipulation resistance.

Last edited:
1.I don’t think that this is enough to qualify for summoning. At most it could be limited. It’s not like Marcy uses some kind of supernatural ability to do it. Normally, she just makes a loud sound( like a whistle or a scream). She probably just trained him to come whenever he hears that whistle or her voice.
I strongly agree with this.
3. I pretty sure it would be listed as a limited mind manipulation resistance.
I'll add this when I get time as I will write a long justification for such important ability.

2. I’m not super knowledgeable when it comes to intelligence ratings but I do feel Marcy should have a genius rating. With all of the fields that she excels at I think it just makes sense. Also, another good feat you can use is Marcy beating the (over a millennia old) King Andrias at flipwart. Andrias has been described as one of the best players around and was previously undefeated. In the few months between Marcy’s arrival and The First Temple, she managed to learn how to play Flipwart and then beat King Andrias.
I want to know the episode when such feat is stated. Though I bet that upcoming Marcy's Journal will mention this. Actually, the preview is already enough to justify something for Marcy but I decide to create another CRT after it is officially released.

By the way, I have considered the feat and I have heard a possible headcanon which claims that Andrias lets Marcy win in order to gain trust.

Last edited:
Also Marcy litterally has the gem of intelligence so her intelligence is probably amped due to it.

I want to know the episode when such feat is stated. Though I bet that upcoming Marcy's Journal will mention this. Actually, the preview is already enough to justify something for Marcy but I decide to create another CRT after it is officially released.

By the way, I have considered the feat and I have heard a possible headcanon which claims that Andrias lets Marcy win in order to gain trust.
It's stated twice. The first time is in The First Temple. The second time is in Olivia and Yunnan.

I disagree with the headcannon. In the Olivia and Yunnan clip, Andrias uses it as a reason for why The Core wanted Marcy. If Andrias held back, then he likely would have told the Core that. He was using it as a justification for Marcy's intelligence
Also Marcy litterally has the gem of intelligence so her intelligence is probably amped due to it.
I'm pretty sure this claim has no proof whatsoever backing it up. It's never stated that the stones amp those aspects of the user. The reason that the three girls have the gems they do is because each one embodies those aspects of the gems.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this claim has no proof whatsoever backing it up. It's never stated that the stones amp those aspects of the user. The reason that the three girls have the gems they do is because each one embodies those aspects of the gems.
Even if it's not (though I feel like I could make an argument but I honestly don't care enought to make it) she's still the host of the intelligence gem and her being smart is one of her main character traits, in a series where there's just a city full of geniuses.

I have seen it in Marcy's page in Amphibia Wiki, but there is no reference supporting it. It could just be Marcy's own intelligence and therefore I do not consider this theory. I agree with Genius Marcy rating and will add more justification for her intelligence because intelligence is the important part of Marcy's character.
It's stated twice. The first time is in The First Temple. The second time is in Olivia and Yunnan.

I disagree with the headcannon. In the Olivia and Yunnan clip, Andrias uses it as a reason for why The Core wanted Marcy. If Andrias held back, then he likely would have told the Core that. He was using it as a justification for Marcy's intelligence
I agree with your opinion.

Update: The resistance to mind manipulation and its justification have been added. You can see that I have added the whole context there because it is not a simple case.

Last edited:
There’s an ability that I noticed is missing. Marcy (and the other two girls) should have type 1 self sustenance in their calamity forms because they could breathe in outer space.

There’s an ability that I noticed is missing. Marcy (and the other two girls) should have type 1 self sustenance in their calamity forms because they could breathe in outer space.
IDK if the outer space in Amphibia universe shares the same trait with the real life universe. Also, it seems that anything involving Calamity Form would be a big revision.

Update: I have edited intelligence justification and you can check them again at any time.

Last edited:
Sandbox looks good

1) does Marcy "summoning Joe Sparrow from some distance" count as Summoning in VS Battles Wiki? Joe Sparrow does not appear from nowhere when Marcy "summons" him.
I don’t think it’d qualify for reasons stated above.
2) does these intelligence feats listed are enough for a Genius rating?
Should be fine due to The Core holding her intelligence in high regard.
3) does Marcy's rejection to The Core's attempt to merge Marcy's mind into The Core translates to some abilities?
It’d be Supernatural Willpower and Limited Resistance to Mind Manipulation I suppose.

Last edited:
It’d be Supernatural Willpower and Limited Resistance to Mind Manipulation I suppose.
I checked the definition of Supernatural Willpower and found that it suits to the definition. Therefore, I have added it.
I don’t think it’s qualify for reasons stated above.
I suppose so. Maybe Joe Sparrow could be moved to Optional Equipment (after all, it is her avian) or removing it, but I have no idea.
Should be fine due to The Core holding her intelligence in high regard.
I think so and her feats in the main show is already enough to justify. Her intelligence has been rated as such.

Not to mention that the upcoming Marcy's Journal would give Marcy more intelligence feats, but it is left for future CRT.

Thank you for helping out. What Maverick decided is probably fine to apply.

It is probably best to wait a bit, as I just sent a notification here to some other members.

Bump.

The revision is near complete but we have to wait for another person's opinion, which could be important.

By the way, IDK if it is allowed to use the public available part of Marcy's Journal as reference? Mainly for quoting Marcy's "balance".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back