• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am asking Promestein in private first. This kind of potentially dangerous site-affecting issue is best initially left to the bureaucrats.

Antvasima said:
I am asking Promestein in private first. This kind of potentially dangerous site-affecting issue is best initially left to the bureaucrats.
Actually, Promestein is in the before-mentioned unofficial server, so she could give you some context.

As for the "official" part, well, I can see the Disney wiki having it at the side when you browse at any of their pages, for example, I´ll go ahead and ask them there while you do the rest.

Okay, I finally got some answers:

1: You can ask Ryukama, he already has one in JBW

2: There are "roles", it works like here in Fandom with Staff roles, but it´s more simple overall, so you can get customized to it after a while

3: We would still have the Chat Mods around for a reason, plus, there are also options for restricting the capability of posting for new members until an specific timeframe has passed

4: The Fandom stuff is dubious, yes, and I guess that part is better left to ask to Ryukama or to the actual Fandom staff

5: The regular wiki chat will still stay even after all of this, so don´t worry

I talked with Promestein about it, and we seem to have agreed that it would be too risky.

I have heard directly from the Fandom staff that they consider the same rules to apply to their official Discord chat channel as within the wikis. If we made our own chat channel official by linking to it here, the same would logically apply for us.

I am concerned that several of our staff members would eventually get banned from Fandom due to not realising that they have to watch their every word just like in the wiki/that it wouldn't be a casual chatroom, and given that we would have no protection filter in place there, the slightest slip-up could lead to years long blocks (if any trolls send them screencaptures), that would also upset other staff members and cause them to quit.

As such, this definitely seems like an unnecessary risk.

Yeah, there've been multiple requests to make a VSBW Discord group, but it was agreed to be far too risky for many reasons. And the words spoken from Fandom staff also further elaborate that we shouldn't be too involved in making big Discord groups. Private conversations with friends are perfectly fine, but a wiki wide group might get too chaotic too fast.

I would honestly prefer not having an official discord if the Fandom's stance on regulation is true. I like seeing a more free and bizarre online environment, and having to follow the same rules as here will kill any chance of that

Btw I am also glad we are only against this due to valid reasons, because I had the fear that the previous you know what incident had simply instilled a distrust of discord in people and that was it when it came to our refusal to make an official server. Relieved to see it was not that simple

I can use my bot account to replace it with the regular "Magic Users" category if the rest of you think that it is a good idea.

Antvasima said:
I can use my bot account to replace it with the regular "Magic Users" category if the rest of you think that it is a good idea.
I think it is a good idea, Antvasima.

Small request on several pages. Just a little name change.

Daz Bones (Mr. 1) should be "Daz Bonez (Mr. 1)".

Bon Clay should be "Bentham (Mr. 2 Bon Clay)".

Zala (One Piece) should be "Zala (Miss Doublefinger)".

Charlotte Br├╗lée should be "Charlotte Brulee".

Zunisha (One Piece) should be "Zunesha" (adding the verse's name is unnecessary, there's no other Zunesha).

Gekko Moriah should be "Gecko Moria".

Jora should be "Giolla".

Lao G should be just "Laog" (sadly).

Baby 5 should be "Baby Five".

Wiper should be "Wyper".

Shiryu (One Piece) should be "Shiliew". He has a wanted poster where his name is typed like this.

These changes come from the Databook's info where they revealed the accurate romanization for most of them, while others are outdated or wrong.

I'm sorry, I know it's a lot of profiles so take your time.

I would appreciare if somebody else is willing to handle the name changes, as I am very tired and busy. Just remember to leave redirects from the old page titles.

That'll take quite a while because the "Rename" page gives me an "Action throttled" error.

Okay. I thought you were having an unusual error you mentioned.

Thank you for helping out.

Yes. Thanks again Skalt. It is very appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back