• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All For One VS Clifford DeVoe Rematch

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
So All for One was upgraded to small city level and it recently occurred to me that this makes it possible to redo an old match which was removed due to revisions

Overview
-All For One vs The Thinker (Weakened All For One and Peak DeVoe)

-Starting distance 100 meters

-Location Kamino district

-No prior knowledge for either character

-Speed Equalized

Score

Clifford
DeVoe:2

AllForOne
AFO:

Questionmark
Incon:

Devoe due to his size manipulation, luck manipulation and the ability to give AFO a brain Aneurism. On top of all that he seems to be the more versatile fighter

AFO is slightly stronger but DeVoe has more hax. He could just shrink AFO to the size of a pebble and then step on him. DeVoe has my vote.

If it weren't for AFOs Regenerationn and Quirks I'd honestly call stomp.

Devoe's lack means he's going to be the one striking first, and when he strikes, he shrinks him and steps on him, or just reads his mind to dodge his attacks with relative ease.

DeVoe FRA

Andytrenom said:
And no one looked at the board
Oh, guess that's my bad I assumed it was a vs thread. TBF it does look like a reasonable match to me, why's it in the fun and games board?

Because I would feel dirty creating it in the Versus board when one character is so much more likely to win than another.

Don't think it's too lopsided imo. AFO has the ap advantage as someone above mentioned and a pretty solid healing factor whilst Devoe has no healing factor afaik. In my head it comes down to who attacks first, the only reason Devoe wins is due to his slightly more unusual abilities.

Andytrenom said:
Because I would feel dirty creating it in the Versus board when one character is so much more likely to win than another.
If you want a more fair one, try AFO against a decently haxed servant. Or if you are feeling a bit more spicy, you can put DeVoe against a servant with little hax so DeVoe's abilities can compensate

Servants are 7-A right? DeVoe doesn't really have much offensive hax to go up against higher tiers apart from type 6 I guess. Unless I can find some evidence of scaling his ice manipulation to absolute zero.

There is also size manipulation I guess, which doubles as a statistics reduction.

Fun fact, his probability had a statement of working on a quantum level,tho that may be not be a very reliable one.

Andytrenom said:
Fun fact, his probability had a statement of working on a quantum level,tho that may be not be a very reliable one.
What would that mean? Working on a quantum level I mean

Not sure lol. But I do know that's usually considered a very high level of probability manipulation

All right, so here's how Devoe's probability manip is explained

Harry: Okay Ramon what you call Juju I call quantum entaglement

Harry: Discrete Quantum particles are connected and when triggered they simulate a synchronity that, to the untrained eye..to the common eye...could seem like luck

Barry: So if becky can affect the particles around her in a positive way, then their connected particles start spinning negatively

Caitlyn: So when good things happen to her, bad things happen all around her

Take note that Harry rejecting the power being luck is likely just him rejecting a supernatural explanation for the ability, rather than contesting it being probability manipulation.

The statement of Becky controlling luck at the quantum level didn't come from a scientific source and was one statement so I didn't think much of it at first. But, if her powers were previously explained to be quantum mechanics based then maybe in context that statement has a bit more weight?

@Lap Well, they were clearly talking about quantum particles here

While we are on the subject of DeVoe buffs, he has actually taken a blast from a Cold Gu. A cold gun is explicitly stated to reach absolute zero temperatures so DeVoe Ice Manipulation resistance is pretty damn good.

Back