• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

After 25 Years, Ash Ketchum Has Made History

Well, TPC made it official that Ash has completed his goal, so there will definitely not be any loopholes. For now we can say at the very least, the storyline format will change. They may switch with Goh, since his goal is to catch mew, which he hasn't achieved so far

A Pokémon series focused more on catching than battling would be sick

The anime and merch has the games on a tight leash. Everything is built around the 3 year release schedule.

Could it be the anime is going to take a different format so it doesn't depend on the games so much? Basically that 3 year deadline can be extended if the games are isolated from anime and others.

Scarlet and Violet was rough and that 3 year deadline is unsustainable

Is pretty cool how long he has been going and how he finally did it.

But i think is time he rests now, can we please have meowth as the next protagonist in a spin off or more serious kind of sequel?

I'm serious, not trynna undermine ash's achivement here but we followed a (honestly boring) pokemon trainer enough, it would be cool for the next main series protagonist to be an pokemon, and what better character than meowth answer: none

Ash did it.

But Tobias is still out there. Would Ash beat him on a rematch?
Cynthia is still Champion after Tobias won the League, and since League winners get to challenge the Elite 4 and Champion afterward, we can assume that he lost to one of the Elite Four or to Cynthia herself

So, Cynthia > Tobias

And since Ash beat Cynthia, that means Ash > Cynthia > Tobias

So, yes he would

Cynthia is still Champion after Tobias won the League, and since League winners get to challenge the Elite 4 and Champion afterward, we can assume that he lost to one of the Elite Four or to Cynthia herself

So, Cynthia > Tobias

And since Ash beat Cynthia, that means Ash > Cynthia > Tobias

So, yes he would
oh neat.

what about all the trainers he lost to in the past league tournaments?

He beats all of them

I mean, take Alain for example. Ash beat Leon, who utterly swept Alain

The VA has no authority over the franchise and its direction. Ash had a goal, and he's achieved it. TPC literally confirmed that. He's the quote "Top trainer in the Pokémon world".

The VA has no authority over the franchise and its direction. Ash had a goal, and he's achieved it. TPC literally confirmed that. He's the quote "Top trainer in the Pokémon world".

Ash has said multiple times in Journeys that becoming World Champion is another step toward becoming a Pokemon Master. A goal and a dream are different

Ash's Journey has come to a close

images

I think it's great. I mean, if they are focusing more on Ash's character this is a good way to give closure. Despite Ash becoming champion I did think that having just 1 to 3 episodes of the anime to close the entire Journeys plot threads and then conclude Ash's journey and character of 25 years of anime was too little.

If this is the end of Ash, does that mean the end for Jessie, James and Meowth?

I'm not sure I can be ready to say goodbye for the latter....

Back