• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

additions and changes to Jack the Ripper profile (Record of Ragnarok)

Profile in question

1. add Superhuman Physical Characteristics.
he is planet level in his second key, which alone justifies this rating. If it helps, we could segment his first key powers and second key powers (which is what should have been done anyway) so that only the second key has it. so his P&A section would look like this:

Stealth Mastery (Has been known to kill his victims without alerting anyone or being caught), Weapon Mastery (Proficient in using knives and scissors), Genius Intelligence, Fear Manipulation (His malice alone induces fear into his victims), Extreme Pain Tolerance (Didn't show many signs of pain after being impaled through his hip), Preparation (Can set up traps in the midst of battle), Empathic Manipulation (Can see other people's emotions as colors with his right eye), Thread Manipulation (Using piano wires) | All previous abilities as well as Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Power Bestowal (His Volund allows anything that he touches with his gloves to turn into a divine weapon), Fusionism and Soul Manipulation (The human combatants fuse their being with the Valkyries into one, including their souls)

2. Adding Acrobatics.

Jack was able to outmaneuver Hercules throughout the battle fairy consistently due to his agility. shown here

3. Expanding on his Weapon Mastery Justification.

Jack the Dripper can use more than just knives and scissors

with his Volund, Jack is extremely skilled at improvising weapons on the fly. such as:

The clock of big ben

a large variety of rubble

his clothing, which he can make sharp enough to cut through buildings

an entire building

Using a piece of wood and a door as makeshift weapons and shields

etc.

Additionally, it should be noted he is a skilled marksman, being able to accurately hit Hercules with his thrown weapons, as well as being able to skillfully wield his grappling hook gun.

I'm thinking his weapon mastery justification can say something like:

Weapon Mastery (Skilled at using knives, which he can throw with great accuracy, proficient scissor user and marksmen. With his Volund, he can skillfully wield nearly any object as an improvised weapon)

4. Elaborating on what a Divine Weapon is on his profile.

So fans of the series know what a Divine Weapon is, and how Jack's powers work. but people who are just looking at the profile may not understand. so to make it crystal clear, im thinking this is his Power Bestowal justification could be lengthened slightly. The Bold is the added word.

Power Bestowal (His Volund allows anything that he touches with his gloves to turn into a divine weapon, drastically increasing the objects attack potency and durability)

5. Increasing his range

Jacks range should be increased from Extended Melee Range to Several Meters. we see that he is able to Consistently hit Hercules from this distance

6. Rewording his standard equipment

First off the entire thing is copy-pasted from another wiki, which I'm pretty sure isn't the best thing to do.

but more importantly, the profile keeps mentioning the "Bluffs" Jack the Ripper made with his equipment. such as stating that Jack convinced Hercules that his pouch could generate divine weapons. I don't think that's really necessary to include on his profile, and it may serve to further confuse people who are unfamiliar with the series.

I suggest taking out the mentions of Hercules in all of his items descriptions unless it is directly relevant to it. My rewording of his equipment section is as follows.

Giant Scissor: A giant pair of extremely sharp scissors, which can be used as melee weapons.

Piano Wires: An extremely thin and sharp wire from a piano, so thin to the point that it appears nearly invisible. Jack can use these wires to enhance his own mobility by balancing on top of them, with the wires themselves being strong enough to support his entire body weight. Jack can use these wires in conjunction with his throwing knives to manipulate their speed and trajectory.

Knives: Jack's main form of weaponry, dozens of small and precise throwing knives. Jack was able to use his divine gloves' abilities to greatly enhance its destructive capability.

Giant Knife: A giant knife akin to a sword, which can open up to have 6 separate knife heads. This knife can also be used as a deadly throwing weapon, capable of returning to Jack once thrown, akin to a boomerang.

Umbrella: Jack detached an umbrella in two, which he puts in each of his pouches, which he can enhance with his divine gloves to deflect attacks.

Grappling Hook: A grappling hook that looks similar to a gun. When fired, it releases a grappling hook which Jack uses to reach higher elevation and avoid attacks.

Regalia-Generating pouch: A pouch that Jack uses to carry his weapons and equipment.

Divine Gloves: A divine accessory provided by the "Volund" of the Valkyrie Hlökk. Its special ability allows Jack to turn anything he touches into a divine weapon, drastically increasing its destructive force and durability.

7. Replacing Empathetic Manipulation.

Jack does not directly manipulate emotions. His ability only allows him to see them as color. This should with Enhanced Senses.

Last edited:
Also any scans for fear inducement and stealth mastery
Nevermind these are already on his profile but the emphatic manipulation needs to be changed to Enhanced senses otherwise yeah I agree with the changes

Jack was able to outmaneuver Hercules throughout the battle fairy consistently due to his agility. shown here
Agree.
Jack the Dripper can use more than just knives and scissors

with his Volund, Jack is extremely skilled at improvising weapons on the fly. such as:

The clock of big ben

a large variety of rubble

his clothing, which he can make sharp enough to cut through buildings

an entire building

Using a piece of wood and a door as makeshift weapons and shields

etc.

Additionally, it should be noted he is a skilled marksman, being able to accurately hit Hercules with his thrown weapons, as well as being able to skillfully wield his grappling hook gun.

I'm thinking his weapon mastery justification can say something like:

Weapon Mastery (Skilled at using knives, which he can throw with great accuracy, proficient scissor user and marksmen. With his Volund, he can skillfully wield nearly any object as an improvised weapon)
All of this is fine by me.
So fans of the series know what a Divine Weapon is, and how Jack's powers work. but people who are just looking at the profile may not understand. so to make it crystal clear, im thinking this is his Power Bestowal justification could be lengthened slightly. The Bold is the added word.

Power Bestowal (His Volund allows anything that he touches with his gloves to turn into a divine weapon, drastically increasing the objects attack potency and durability)
Agree with this. Elaboration is definitely needed.
Jacks range should be increased from Extended Melee Range to Several Meters. we see that he is able to Consistently hit Hercules from this distance
Agree.
First off the entire thing is copy-pasted from another wiki, which I'm pretty sure isn't the best thing to do.

but more importantly, the profile keeps mentioning the "Bluffs" Jack the Ripper made with his equipment. such as stating that Jack convinced Hercules that his pouch could generate divine weapons. I don't think that's really necessary to include on his profile, and it may serve to further confuse people who are unfamiliar with the series.

I suggest taking out the mentions of Hercules in all of his items descriptions unless it is directly relevant to it. My rewording of his equipment section is as follows.

Giant Scissor: A giant pair of extremely sharp scissors, which can be used as melee weapons.

Piano Wires: An extremely thin and sharp wire from a piano, so thin to the point that it appears invisible to the naked eye. They are also very strong, being able to support the weight of Jack's whole body. Jack can use these wires to launch a barrage of knife attacks from above while still being able to expertly manipulate their trajectory and direction.

Knives: Jack's main form of weaponry, dozens of small and precise throwing knives. Jack was able to use his divine gloves' abilities to greatly enhance its destructive capability.

Giant Knife: A giant knife akin to a sword, which can open up to have 6 separate knife heads. This knife can also be used as a deadly throwing weapon, capable of returning to Jack once thrown, akin to a boomerang.

Umbrella: Jack detached an umbrella in two, which he puts in each of his pouches, which he can enhance with his divine gloves to deflect attacks.

Grappling Hook: A grappling hook that looks similar to a gun. When fired, it releases a grappling hook which Jack uses to reach higher elevation and avoid attacks.

Regalia-Generating pouch: A pouch that Jack uses to carry his weapons and equipment.

Divine Gloves: A divine accessory provided by the "Volund" of the Valkyrie Hlökk. Its special ability allows Jack to turn anything he touches into a divine weapon, drastically increasing its destructive force and durability.
Copy-Pasting stuff from other wikis is against the rules when making profiles, so this definitely needs to be changed.
Jack does not directly manipulate emotions. His ability only allows him to see them as color. This should with Enhanced Senses.
Agree.

I basically see no problems with any of this.

The updates seem fine to me.

You should add a description next to the range since he's using blades to hit from that distance.

This is all good, including the elaboration on the Range, since I was actually about to mention that.

Good work.

Back