• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding some Time Travel Limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
A long time ago we had a thread where we discussed the topic of Time Travel and how VS threads involving it tend to turn out. The discussion focused mainly on people using the arguments "X will paradox Y" and how these arguments often don't take into consideration factors like X not knowing where he has to go paradox Y, if Y has protection or not, if it's in character for X to paradox.

Originally, the suggestion was to make a rule regarding this but I don't think that would be appropriate. Because the problems to me just seem like Users not making strong arguments in a debate rather than our current rules encouraging people to act in a certain way. In which case a better solution would be to simply add these limitations to the Time Travel so that these bad arguments are easier to spot for everyone.

With that needlessly long introduction out of the way, I request the following limitations to be added

-The time traveler may not have information about his opponent to find him the past and defeat him in a more vulnerable state

-The time traveler may have to fight people protecting his opponent in the past if he tries to hunt him down

If the problems no longer exist, then I'm sorry for bringing it up unnecessarily.

You mean putting it on the page? Sure, if you want.

Yes, putting these on the time travel page. There is still a point to this tho right?

Those seem fine to add to the page.

The changes seem fine. I made some minor adjustments though. Should we close this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back