• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Lucario = stronger

Lucario = mind reading to somewhat counter skills

Lucario = pew pew pew

Lucario = win

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Lucario = stronger

Lucario = mind reading to somewhat counter skills

Lucario = pew pew pew

Lucario = win
Great argument specially lucario = stronger

Great argument specially lucario = stronger
Not at all an argument as much sad it is glancing at the page.

Lucario is stronger and has a lot more options due to the wall of abilities on his page. Mind reading + precog is definitely going to hurt Acqua's usual fighting style, regardless of this being Acqua with Ascalon or not.

Lucario should easily win this.

I haven't seen any "unfair" hax in Lucario's page, but then again I'm not very knowledgeable in Pokemon so maybe I missed something that makes the fight really unfair. Maybe it's an AP stomp, I can't remember how big the gap has to be.

Disregarding AP issues, Speed is equalized and both are excellent warriors. The difference between them is that Lucario has a wider and more useful array of skills than Acqua, who is limited to elemental magic and a couple of odd spells. Unless this is actually an AP stomp or we have began to also consider fights where a side has more abilities than the other stomps, I'd personally consider it a decisive victory

I wouldn't call it a stomp, as Acqua has more than enough magic at his disposal, as well as his unpredictable fighting style, to give Lucario a run for his money. However, with Mind Reader, Lucario not only can read his opponent's thoughts, but he can also lock onto him and manage to strike him, not to mention his Aura which gives him some precognition as well. And never miss moves like Aura Sphere and priority moves like ExtremeSpeed, I can't really see a way for Acqua to turn the tables on Lucario before he takes him out. (Unless I'm missing something...)

Winner: Lucario

I don't see anything in his bio that says Acqua can fly. Are you sure about that?

Divine Mother's Mercy allows him to use normal magic, so he would be able to if he knows the spell. Flying it's not a hard thing to do so an expert magician like Acqua should be capable of doing so, but it's not in-character and we don't know if Acqua is in the category of "has flight spells in his arsenal but doesn't use them" or in the "doesn't have flight spell, but should be capable of coming up with one given a short amount of prep".

@Starter Pack

Flying is an easy spell to do for magicians, but almost nobody does that because any halfway deceny magician can come around and drop you with St. Peter's spell, a really widespread, simple and efficient anti-flight spell.

well flight gives him a good advantage, more prep time for spell, odd angle to attack and being attacked

btw location ?

He's got Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Me First/Copycat, and some others that I'm probably forgetting.

Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, just to name a few off the top of my head. Aura Sphere in particular because it never misses.

True, and Vacuum Wave is a priority move, so it has a good chance of hitting, especially when it's combined with Mind Reader.

And that's seven. If anyone wants to vote for Acqua's favor, then grace period begins now! Otherwise, this win can be added to both profiles now.

Back