• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the Forgotten pages category

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
So, over the last couple of months I've seen this category steadily gain more and more pages, and it's become a bit of a problem, for several reasons:

No. 1: Claiming a page to be "forgotten", even if it is correctly labeled, sounds like a recipe for an unnecessary conflict, at any level.

No. 2: Even in the case of a page "correctly" being labeled as "forgotten", it seems extremely arrogant of any one person (which has been the case in most instances of a page being added into the category) to decide as such.

No. 3: The biggest reason of all: the category is straight up completely inaccurate. It has pages such as Alexcar3000, Exaggerated Goku and Skodwarde in it, which even though they may not be used, are still some of the most popular pages that everybody knows and remembers, ruining the whole point of them being forgotten.

Due to these points, I recommend immediate action be taken by staff members (and potentially even Copebot, given the sheer scope the category has reached) to delete this category from all profiles that have it.

Yeah it was originally intended to be a small category with pages like Ward the Ultimate and Hue BR that almost nobody remembered, but then it got out of hand as people started adding anything that was just slightly less popular than the current most popular page

I think that category is pointless. We can't really ask everybody to see if these pages are forgotten or not, so it's become a subjective and arbitrary descriptor. One thing that could replace this are date (rather, year) categories, e.g. "2015 Profiles", or something, that way anybody that wants to look at old (and potentially forgotten) pages can go onto those categories to see them. Another thing could be introducing a featured article system, like in Wikipedia, to promote high quality pages (I made a thread about this a while ago)

You can get rid of it, its gone completely south of what it was meant to be

At this point, you could call HOSLTESS a forgotten page because he existed for a while.

In other words, nothing worth it. Get rid of the category.

MLPlover2011 said:
Joke Battles Wiki is slowly becoming Omniversal Battlefield Wiki I can feel it
And yet another message you spam...

Crabwhale said:
MLPlover2011 said:
Joke Battles Wiki is slowly becoming Omniversal Battlefield Wiki I can feel it
And yet another message you spam...
she's kinda right, as much as this place needed stricter rules, you guys are slowly reeling in the shitposting

Uh, no we're not. This is how the Wiki should have always been. You're just comparing it to a period where it had nearly no moderation whatsoever, except in only the most severe of cases.

Oh come on, are you seriously defending the ******* "Makes A look like B" categories? Those may have been fun at first, but when EVERY.SINGLE.PROFILE adds them indiscriminately, it become cancer. And not the good kind either.

They were a part that contributed to pages being unreadable. And granted, a few pages were designed to be that way, so maybe we did wrong in that regard to some extent, but it doesn't change the fact that they were incredibly annoying and added nothing to any profile they were present in.

Actually, you know, let's not derail this thread, just move it to my message wall if you want.

Ok, no good kind, just tolerable kind.

Absolutely no cancer is good crabby...

I guess I'm going to start removing this category from pages then

Okay. I removed the category from all of the pages it was in and deleted the category. Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back