• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the age of resurrected characters

When talking about the age of a character who resurrected and whose remains were still on the physical world (i.e. no low godly+ regen, returning from EE and stuff like that) should we consider the time spent while dead or not?

I mean, the remains of the character still existed during that time, or only the time spent alive should be counted?

We have separated physical age from mental age from time to time; though not sure about Chronological age. Such as a character being 22 physically and mentally; but they were technically born 500 years ago due to being teleported to the future and what not. But it's been generally preferable to list each of the details if age is complicated.

Pretty sure getting sent through time doesn't count towards chrono age since you aren't being part of the timeline during the travelling.

I was referring more to characters that stayed dead for years and got resurrected as undeads or such. In that case they physically existed for a period but have been alive only during part of it. Like, a 20 years old guy dying and coming back to life 30 years later, technically he existed for 50 years, but lived only for 20.
But I guess that separating the two times is better.

Age is the length of time a being has been existing since birth or creation, so undead would have counted the period they were inanimated, but would have a different mental age (assuming they were inactive all the time they were dead).

Characters that travelled in time will not get the period of time added to his age as they "didn't exist" during the time they skipped.

Back