• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Street Fighter's UDON Comics

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Are they canon to the Street Fighter story? If not, can profiles of their alternate character interpretations be added?

The comics have quite a lot of feats and solid in-scaling, but I don't know enough about the wider SF to comment on how accurate they are with the rest of the series. If they are canon, we may need to upgrade some people.

No, they aren't canon and here's why (I'm going to copy-paste myself)
  • They are made by a US-Canadian company with little supervision from Capcom
  • They feature a different story and several variations of the same one, even making crossovers with their own Darkstalkers comics (which are also non-canon)
  • They aren't referenced in the games nor in any other canon material (canon ovas, japanese-original websites [like the Shadaloo C.R.I., which hosts canon short novels and profiles for all characters, including non canon-ones] and such)
  • They are generally published after the games, sometimes even several years after, and share similar position with many mangas and animations, i.e. just licensed material that takes inspiration from the main product.

Making profiles for them should totally be allowed, and I own several digital issues (purchased on Humble Bundle almost a year ago), although not all of them, and I'd love to contribute in making these profiles.
I've also seen a person making some calcs not much time ago, with C. Viper having a building level feat and M. Bison's Psycho Drive reaching 6-A, I will try to find them.

Karin I believe is completely different personality wise in the comics compared to the games.

Making profiles for them should totally be allowed, and I own several digital issues (purchased on Humble Bundle almost a year ago), although not all of them, and I'd love to contribute in making these profiles.
I've also seen a person making some calcs not much time ago, with C. Viper having a building level feat and M. Bison's Psycho Drive reaching 6-A, I will try to find them.
Excellent! I'll start uploading some scans, then. I have some UDON comics since I was a kid, and it'd be awesome to contribute in thi.

I've finished re-reading the SF2 comics, and so far:
  • The feats are more on the 9-B to 9-A-ish scale. Bison, Gen, Akuma and Rose both have feats that may be greater, but not by much. I'd say it tops out at 8-C.
  • Rose has a decent level of Mind Manipulation, she can cleanse very deeply ingrained Shadaloo brainwashing with only a touch.
  • Gen can instakill people, even those of similar durability, just by hitting pressure points, and he says he can stop someone's heart with a touch. Akuma fully tanks not only several of those attacks, but explicitly a volley of strikes that can kill anyone.
  • Dhalsim is just incredible.

I also have another question: Are Masahiko Nakahira's manga series canonical?

Those are the ones he published, and it was him that actually first conceptualized things like the Shin Shoryuken and Evil Ryu.

No manga series are canon, they also have their own differences when compared to the main story and aren't referenced in the games and related material, although they were taken as inspirations for several elements, including the ones you mentioned.

On the verse page I've made a list of what is canon, what isn't and what currently used in terms of profiles.

tell me about Tier 1 Akuma.
Violence and Stillness created the cosmos

Cosmos is represented as the multiverse

There are infinite threads of fate, each thread of fate being a possible alternative future

The concept of space-time is limited within the void

The void is once considered by Gen a place beyond all things in existence (Planes of existence, realms, space and time)

The Fetus of God would break the void

Blablabla, there are Tier 1 concepts basically. And at the end of the day Akuma becomes one with violence

Yes, Dark Hadou = Violence. Having different names is not relevant, since it is said that Dark Hadou has numerous names. Here's what Gill says about violence
Then there was Violence -- Hot and lighter than the brightest sunrise
Now what a demon says about his origin
The description of the origin of everything is very consistent with each other, and what makes it even better is that after it is said that the primary concept of the Makai is the Dark Hadou. Also, in the same comic where it is said that Violence and Stillness created existence Akuma makes sentence that Violence is the supreme force in the universe, so at least the authors thought in a context
I think it's fair to consider Aakuma in Shin form a "At least 2-A, possibly Low 1-C" entity. Even after Akuma was in the void for an eternity he still considered violence to be the strongest concept in the universe. Also, Fetus of God that would break the void is formed by negative ki and positive ki, concepts which stillness and violence created

Last edited:
No manga series are canon, they also have their own differences when compared to the main story and aren't referenced in the games and related material, although they were taken as inspirations for several elements, including the ones you mentioned.

On the verse page I've made a list of what is canon, what isn't and what currently used in terms of profiles.
Oh, okay! Thanks for the link!

Imma read the Masahiko SF manga too, they are smaller and less important than UDON's own series, but they are still VS-worthy with about 8 quite voluminous manga, with a lot of feats there.

I really like how Guy and Cody are absolute beasts in those series. i really like them so lol

There are infinite threads of fate, each thread of fate being a possible alternative future

The concept of space-time is limited within the void/stillness

The void is once considered by Gen a place beyond all things in existence (Planes of existence, realms, space and time)

Blablabla, there are Tier 1 concepts basically. And at the end of the day Akuma becomes one with violence

Yes, Dark Hadou = Violence. Having different names is not relevant, since it is said that Dark Hadou has numerous names. Here's what Gill says about violence

The description of the origin of everything is very consistent with each other, and what makes it even better is that after it is said that the primary concept of the Makai is the Dark Hadou. Also, in the same comic where it is said that Violence and Stillcreated existence Akuma makes sentence that Violence is the supreme force in the universe, so at least the authors thought in a context
I think it's fair to consider Aakuma in Shin form a "At least 2-A, possibly Low 1-C" entity. Even after Akuma was in the void for an eternity he still considered violence to be the strongest concept in the universe. Also, Fetus of God that would break the void is formed by negative ki and positive ki, concepts which stillness and violence created

This will need a deeper evaluation in the future, but for now it's really promising!

Oh, okay! Thanks for the link!

Imma read the Masahiko SF manga too, they are smaller and less important than UDON's own series, but they are still VS-worthy with about 8 quite voluminous manga, with a lot of feats there.

I really like how Guy and Cody are absolute beasts in those series. i really like them so lol
I heard that Ryu: Final is really interesting and well-written, I will read them someday.

You know, there are quite some Street Fighter Manhwa and afaik one of them (based on SF3) has been published only in china and italy (there was a publishing house that used to translate manhwas back in the 90's-first 2000's) and they are also packed up with battles, violence and feats.

I own a couple of issues, but someday I will have them all. The last volumes weren't published because the editor went brankruptcy before it could finish, but I managed to find the original scans (fan translated to japanese) and with related italian-translations (always fan-made from an old forum.

It's interesting how many products spawned from Street Fighter, and if you didn't do it already, I suggest you to watch the Street Fighter II: V anime, it's a good series.

The concept of space-time is limited within the void

The description of the origin of everything is very consistent with each other, and what makes it even better is that after it is said that the primary concept of the Makai is the Dark Hadou. Also, in the same comic where it is said that Violence and Stillness created existence Akuma makes sentence that Violence is the supreme force in the universe, so at least the authors thought in a context
That's definitely 2-A, but not tier 1.

The Void is more something outside universes, the thing in-between them all rather than any sort of transcending realm.

Aight, finished reading SF2 Turbo comics.
  • Again, most feats are 9-B to 9-A-ish at best, but Akuma very casually does a tier 8 feats, he Hadouken'd the stuff out of an immense building and completely borked M. Bison. Crimson Viper's feat is weird, it is certainly very strong but... I dunno, so far it seems like way above the average. I'll argue about it after I finish some more UDON series.
  • Even very fodder or tertiary characters have solid feats. There was a girl that punched Dan several dozen meters into the air and through a roof, Blanka quite easily dodging Sonic Booms from Guile, and many others.
  • Pyscho Drive is solidly Tier 6 even by eyeballing alone. It friggin exploded the Easter Island, destroys the Shadaloo base located in an unactive volcano and makes the volcano violently spark into life.
  • Hax is more present than in the SF2 manga, Bison has plenty of Soul and Mind manip, and so does Dhalsim and Rose.
Really, I'm thoroughly enjoying reading the UDON comics. I didn't think they'd be so good!

Back