• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Quoting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes when people quote to each other a colossal quote would happen and it causes the thread to be closed and I think there should be a limit to the quoting maybe at least 5 I guess and I also want the *This* Quotes to stop because I find it irrating when I read comments in threads such as right here
IMG 1713
This needs to stop

If by a "quote limit" you mean how many times quotes can be stacked before the site doesn't let you stack quotes anymore, I don't think that is possible, sadly.

But if you're just asking for a rule to be made where "stack quotes 5+ times and you'll most likely be punished", then yeah, we need that.

Yellowpig10 said:
oh come on, really people? there is nothing wrong with using quotes, it's a part of the site
Goose is talking about the This quoting which shows up in almost every thread you go to

I agree with Yellow, unless it's quite literally making a thread completely unreadable (as in, much like a spam message, it's taking up a huge chunk needlessly), then there shouldn't be any sort of penalty for quoting, even if I myself have gained a bit of distaste for it.

Crabwhale said:
I agree with Yellow, unless it's quite literally making a thread completely unreadable (as in, much like a spam message, it's taking up a huge chunk needlessly), then there shouldn't be any sort of penalty for quoting, even I myself have gained a bit of distaste for it.
I think the This quotes was used over 1000 times already

The "This" quotes are definitely not problematic for the wiki. At worst they are a nuisance, but still nothing that would warrant any kind of punishment.

Also, I would like to retract my previous post. I do still think that a five-level quote is quite annoying, but instead of enforcing a hard limit on how deep a quote can get, the five-level "limit" should preferably be more of a guideline than a solid rule. As Crabwhale said, only "colossal quotes" should be cause for administrative action.

I usually begin asking myself "why is this a thing?" right about now.

With this thread, I asked myself that the second I saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back