• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

about goku's time stop resistance

How exactly does it work?

goku resisted it due to powering up and surparssing hit unitl the latter improved further

so how would it play in a match angaist other characther with time stop like guldo or DIO?

besides i don't get that feat. he was affected by the time stop and suddely he broke through it, AFTER he was affected. was that because he had surpassed hit before hit used his power or what?

Personally, I think he should have his resistance removed because it's a weakness of Hit's time stop. You can break out of it by overpowering him.

Imagine that Goku is a RPG character and one of his stats is 'hax resistance', when he power up, his stats goes up, including the hax resistance stats and he simply powered up until his 'hax resistance' stat was high enough for Hit's time skip to not work, simple as that

DB is a verse where you resist hax just by getting stronger.

It's iffy, but it fits.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Personally, I think he should have his resistance removed because it's a weakness of Hit's time stop. You can break out of it by overpowering him.
You can turn that around and say that anytime a character has resisted hax, it was a weakness of the hax and not the character resisting it, which just open the door to wanking the hell out of any hax that was never resisted or only used once

Problem is, there isn't any other than the fact that it doesn't work on beings superior to you.

Manga isn't accepted. Anime only.

Also, it just sounds like Hit's time stop is useless if he himself doesn't become stronger to counteract his opponent. AKA it's dependent on power levels.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
It actually did get explained in the manga that the stopped time duration is decreased the stronger the opponent is.
It's the manga, not the anime, also Toyotaro's explaination are often iffy because they end up making no sens with later plotpoint and often don't have input from Toriyama

It doesn't work any different in the anime.

What I think should be done is remove Goku's time stop resistance and put on Hit's profile under his weaknesses that his time skip can be broken by stronger opponents.

Unless directly said in the anime, we can't accept it.

DB's hax is the type of hax you can brute force with physical strength alone. It's all over the place.

Also, Hit counters this by becoming stronger himself.

No, it's strength-related stuff. Only that in DB you can also resist it if you're strong enough.

Basically any character that's stronger than Hit would resist his time skip.

Time manipulation is a hax that would work regardless of how strong you are, because matter is secondary to space-time. You don't resist it just by being stronger, so it's a weakness for Hit's time skip.

And any character with any hax in DB would have it resisted by someone stronger than them. DB works as an exception to this case.

Also, we have Jotaro, who also resisted time-stop and essentially copied Dio's powers as a whole.

The entire strength = resistance thing is a assumption, mainly because they never explained why.

Stuff like Shenron's abilities and the Rabbit's transmutation hax have worked on significantly stronger opponents for example.

Hit improved his TS during that fight not only became stronger.

Also, Rabbit Boss and Shenron are different cases.

Rabbit was shown when DB was still a gag manga. If we're gonna argue for it we should put "can survive in space" in Goku's profile.

And even Shenron can't grant wishes that surpasses its/Kami's powers.

Actually I can remember Goku refusing not only from getting teleported from Porunga who's far better than Shenron, but from resurrection (but I'm probably misremembering something). So there you have Goku resisting teleportation and resurrection from a magical entity.

SomebodyData said:
The entire strength = resistance thing is a assumption, mainly because they never explained why.
Stuff like Shenron's abilities and the Rabbit's transmutation hax have worked on significantly stronger opponents for example.
It actualy come from Chaozu's telekinesis having no effect on Nappa and Shenron not being able to just make the saiyans dissapear, both of which were directly related to strenght IIRC

Also the Rabbit only transformed Bulma IIRC, she is not that far above him in term of strenght

I later clarified myself by saying that cases like this also exist.

DragonEmperor23 said:
KLOL506 said:
And any character with any hax in DB would have it resisted by someone stronger than them. DB works as an exception to this case.
coughs
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Guldo

ahem
TBF, Goku needed to be at least 10 time stronger than Hit to overcome his time shenanigans (since they were evenly matched when he was SSJB) while those who were affected by Guldo's time shenanigans weren't 10 time stronger than him

It's never actually specifically stated that the haxes are weaker to stronger opponents; it's merely an assumption we viewers make. We can also easily say that More Strength = More general Hax Resistance, but this way of thinking gets thrown out a lot since it's a NLF (Although same can be said for the reverse).

It's not always been like this; a ton of hax in DB is actually not resisted by strength at all. The Devilmite beam will cause your heart to explode regardless of your power level as long as you have even the slightest of evil thoughts; it's explicitly stated it works on stronger opponents. Goku only resisted it because he is just that pure and without a single negative thought.

In my opinion (And like what this site does now), we should just consider the haxes as haxes and the people who resist as just people who resists. Until we get a statement on WHY More Strength = More Resistance in only some scenarios and not others, we shouldn't assume anything as it can be a lot of things.

If we also want to argue about hax, Dragon Ball characters has also shown to literally have the ability to turn on and off gag powers like how Vegeta was unable to harm Arale until he himself turned into a Gag Character and with Beerus who is flat out stated to be immune to Arale's BS.

In short, Dragon Ball does whatever the hell it wants because Dragon Ball Super is a little more similar to OG Dragon Ball rather than the DBZ we know. And in OG Dragon Ball, jokes and Gags run amok.

inb4 it's explained that on a conceptual level someone that is physically weaker than another can't effect it due to ki

and the best part is that Akira won't even know what conceptual manipulation is

DragonEmperor23 said:
inb4 it's explained that on a conceptual level someone that is physically weaker than another can't effect it due to ki

and the best part is that Akira won't even know what conceptual manipulation is
If we take that at face value, everyone would have conceptual level resistance to literally everything as long as they're physically stronger.

Goku has gained a new title; the Hax Buster. If you ain't physically stronger, you're weaker. Kek.

>and with Beerus who is flat out stated to be immune to Arale's BS

I spat my drink with this.

But yeah, DBS retconned hax's working in many ways. Actually, if you think about it Guldo's TS seems far better than Hit's. Sure, he needs to hold the breath but it last as long he could do that. Luckily the user is just stupid and got killed before posing an actual threat.

The fact that Beerus is indeed resistant to Arale's characteristics is proof that DBS is closer to DB than DBZ, which is ironic.

Back