• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About discipline

Abbadon_the_Chaos_King

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
There are many options we can choose but from what i seen, I feel a three strike and you're out rule will do fine.

(depending on offenses)

1st strike: Warning

2nd strike: 2+ hour ban and warning

3rd strike, perma ban

Of course the is a rusty horse, but we can work out the details later, but this is the format that I want the wiki to go off of. What would you guys think?

This is all good but make it where depending on how bad the person did something, they would get either a 2+ hour ban at the minimum to like 2 week+ ban at the most and warning.

But if there's Ziel wants to discuss more on about this, then alright.

That the thing. I want to discuss about what the limitations should be.

Such as if a person does "^^^^" he gets a warning. And if he does "&&&" then he would get a temporary ban. And finally if he does "%%" he'll get a permanent block.

I want to discuss on what " ^^^^ ", "&&&" and "%%" should be so we have something to go by...

So basically something like:

^^^^ = 1st warning

&&& = 2nd Warning

%% = 3rd and final warining.

Right?

I was thinking about that just now.

Lets start with each one, alright? I think it'd for me if we go one by one, or unless you want us to go through all of them?

No we need to have all three of them established so when ever someone does something that is unacceptable we can give them a warning or block them and it wouldn't seem like we just made up a new set of rules to block them to put things simply....

Alright.

Well i was just thinking that a person using an exceesive amount of cussing(in and outside chat) or starts to troll others should get like a warining/1st strike.

The 2nd warning is bascially the same thing as the 1st but the person starts to insult any of the members here(like calling them names or brining up sensitive subjects like a certain thread unfortunately had).

Now the last warning is if the person in question doesn't stop these kinds of acts and continues to harass everyone here. Basically 1 and 2 but only if the person doesn't stop at all.

There was more i wanted to add here but that all i got to set these up. Any thing you wanna add or change to what i said about the warnings, Ziel?

Mmmmmm here's my version.

Strike 1: Excessive Cussing, Trolling, Spamming and just breaking some of the minor rules we have.

Strike 2: Verbal Harassment (Instant Strike 2 even if the person hasn't had a strike one). Excessive Cussing, Trolling, Spamming and slightly more rule breaking.

Strike 3: Strike 1 and 2 on a larger scale.

Although these striking system can depend upon your contribution level. As in if a new user just come in a starts verbally attacking a senior member who has contributed much for the wiki he would get a strike 2 while when a senior member does it (and I seriously doubt this) he may get off without any strikes simply because of the amount of good contributions he has made for the wiki.

The striking system should be applied but doing certain things such as verbal harassment would get ya an instant strike two because it is a much greater offence then trolling or spamming.

This is my version. It's not complete yet....

Definitely alot better and pretty much what i was trying to go for. At least for the strike 1 part.

I also agree with the verbal harassment part that can get ya an instant Strike 2. Words can truly still hurt people depending how badly the person say it to the offendent. So yes, this will definitely be set for Strike #2.

This seems like an Admin-only discussion, so I don't wish to intrude.

IMO, some types of indiscipline should be a ban (1 month to 6 months) on the first time itself. Specifically, slurs which are homophobic, ethnically disparaging, racist, sexist, politically incorrect or religiously inflammatory.

Any misbehaviour pertaining to the listed criteria are immediately ban-worthy IMO, even more so if directed at another member or community.

Again it depends on the offense, something like that would get you at least from my knowledge a week or more ban, as for things being politically incorrect, i dont really know, some things which arent that offensive and so we can cross that bridge once we get to it.

Back