• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About 3812's transcendence and schizophrenia. As well as possible omnipresence or nigh-omnipresence.

So, for starters, I'm basing this whole thing on Ben's letter, specifically the part where Ben states "I don't know where He's at now, but I think He exists in all of our realities simultaneously", by "He", obviously he means 3812. So, unless I'm misunderstanding this, I believe that here, Ben is stating he isn't sure where 3812 is in the narrative stack, currently, and he's saying that 3812 exists in all of the narratives he's transcended, at once.

Now, to begin with, in the first addendum, you have an interview with Dr. Quint and 3812.

Dr. Quint: Tell me how you're feeling today.

SCP-3812: Uncomfortable. Uneasy.

Dr. Quint: Can you tell me why?

SCP-3812: There's uh, uh, voices. Like usual. Things I can see, you know. The same.

Dr. Quint: Is there something wrong?

SCP-3812: I just… the things I see aren't going away. There are more of them. Different… I know I sound crazy, but it's like I'm addressing a dozen people at the same time, and more everyday. It's… (pauses) it hurts, pretty bad. I know I sound nuts, I'm sorry.

There's more afterwards, but this is the only real important part.

So, in this last paragraph, 3812 states that the things he sees aren't going away, and that there are more of them, as well as that he feels like he's addressing a dozen people at the same time, with the number increasing daily. Based on the statement from Ben earlier, I think this may not be schizophrenia, but him simply experiencing multiple realities at once. The fact that he says more everyday seems to also imply that he is transcending narratives every day. We already know 3812 has transcended Ben at this point, based on 3812's own statement that Ben used to be above him, but is now below him.

As for "As well as possible omnipresence or nigh-omnipresence", that's just because 3812 will eventually transcend all narratives. When that happens, he should also exist in all of them, based on Ben's statement. But I'm not sure if that would constitute for omnipresence or nigh-omnipresence, I'm thinking nigh because he still wouldn't exist everywhere in all of them. Any thoughts? Also this is general discussion for now because I don't feel like making a CRT out of this yet, since I could be wrong, or might be missing something.

is his acasuality still unkown? cuase casualy talking to an entity that will edventually become the new azatoth dosent sound right at all, but this may be refering to 3812 by sam howell who was human and normal

I would guess either type 1 or 2, but it's impossible to tell for sure. Talking to 3812's physical form which still exists in the primary narrative doesn't really sound impossible or anything of the sort imo. Especially because 3812 was seeking out help from the Foundation. I'm not sure what you mean by that last bit, this is 3812, not Sam Howell.

also can we close this thread?

heres a portion of the omnipotence article

"the term is something that is completely impossible to prove or demonstrate on any conceivable level.

By its very definition, it is something that cannot be used to measure a character, and claims of omnipotence, no matter how complex or developed, should never be viewed as evidence."

...What about it? I never said he was omnipotent, and why would that even be a reason to close this? It's General Discussion.

Back