• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Veteran fights some Computer Nerds (Rireak Wilorin vs Claire & Lala) (1-0-1)

In this thread, DMUA suggested that I put some of the characters from my Ardonia D&D game against characters from the SAO Reincarnation Campaign. Thing is, my guys have a >8.185x AP advantage, which would result in a one-shot. So to hopefully make this fair, I decided to put 2 of them against my character. I am currently praying that I didn't accidentally make another stomp match. As far as I can tell, this fight is fair though

Rireak Wilorin vs Claire & Lala
  • Post-First Day Claire & Lala are used
  • Speed is Equal
  • Rireak is >13,875,255 Joules
  • Claire & Lala are 1,695,168 Joules
  • Both Claire and Lala have prior knowledge of Rireak's strength and abilities, and have 2 days to prepare
  • Both sides start 3m away
  • Fight takes place in this camp
If this is unfair for either side, I can add combatants or change around some of the rules to make this fight fair

Who Wins?

Tramatized Soldier: 1 (Wurm)

The Duo: 0 ()

Incon: 1 (DMUA)

Last edited:
me: oh yeah Bayhard has no advantages and gets outclassed in AP so he loses

I immediately suggest people with less AP, forgetting the stat in the breath after bringing it up

That said in-between sword skills and other stuff there could be wiggle room here, so

Firstly, the pairing is kinda odd, Claire did canonically work with Lala a few times and they do generally mesh together better in terms of abilities

But past that, sword skills do greatly increase attack power and is the main plan of action for these guys, so they would have a solid chance to do some real damage provided they have a solid shot. Shield would stop the first few hits, but after he runs out of spell slots, one blow to a key area like the neck or his torso would cause him to just start bleeding out, while his opponents don't really have any vital organs, just an entire body that absorbs damage until it explodes

They probably beat him in skill but he also does have magic and doesn't necessarily need to stay close any more than he lets them

On the other hand, provided he blasts them enough to put them into a near death state, they could still probably kill him in one blow via incarnation (Lala getting cornered and almost dying for instance resulted in her one-shotting an entire field of plant monsters comparable to ones she'd normally fight evenly thanks to this), which may not bypass his forcefield but is definitely dangerous if he's used that up on the sword skills they get off before that's a factor

Given the preparation, Poison is probably going to be a non factor, since they would gather enough crystals to clear that stuff (and claire has a ring to just outright tank through them)

Since there are two of them and Lala has Sonic Leap, they can pretty easily prevent him from just keeping distance and keep the fight to mostly a melee, likely with them flanking (Since both of them vastly overcome his lifting strength, even if not his raw power in general, so if one of them is close at all they can easily toss him back into the melee)

Since he is a sorcerer I imagine he only really has the basest level of skill with a sword, while both Claire and Lala are pretty experienced in their own right, so even if they can't overtly overpower them, they'd definitely have an advantage on deflecting their attacks and potentially getting a hit in with a sword skill, which would likely do some genuine damage and put Rireak on the backfoot

Granted, all of that assumes optimal circumstances, and... well, Rireak could probably tear through their health with a single spell, and he does have his illusion trickery to throw them off even if he's thrown into the blender between the two of them

They could get a decent amount of potions for it (including ones that generally increase the speed of health regeneration), and they could probably get opportunities to use them given there are two of them and they can put up a fair fight with just their better skills, but it's still certainly an obstacle

As of now I figure they'd take it just because they have a fair chance at winning by just straight up fighting them and could use Incarnation to really deliver a severe blow if they're at the risk of death, but I'd have to have some input on Rireak's skills to figure out if he could turn the fight to his favor by breaking any flanking maneuvers or creating distance

Personally, I think that Rireak being a military strategist provides him with a solid advantage. He's got the illusions spells and blindess/deafness spells to break up their team work, and I'm certain that Magic Missile would result in a kill due to it's unavoidable nature. He could separate the two with the scorcher spell and then deal with them one at a time. Along with his burning and freezing options, Rireak has my vote due to having prep time, being a military strategist, and having a way to break up the two's team work.

Rireak isn't the one who's getting the preparation, and his experience of being a strategist is a bit vague (though in fairness I can't distinctly recall instances of skill on Claire or Lala's side), so I doubt he has enough skill to effectively get rid of their advantages when they have plenty of tools to hold it over them

Magic Missile also does very limited damage and they're both capable of recovering health (along with the fact it just doesn't matter where they're hit so it's not like magic missile can snipe their eyes or something)

The blindness spell may outright just be negated by Claire's ring, and even if it works, he has limited spell slots to use anything besides a minor illusion (which is a bit vague in effectiveness)

Scorcher is also something that both of them could easily run straight through without taking too much damage (it's only 30 feet and both of their speed bursts go way past that, Claire being 18 meters and Lala being 24 meters), while any damage from the blast by itself is going to be severe, but manageable (assuming they are caught and don't just dodge or block the brunt of it)

To answer the questions on Rireak's skill, he was trained by his millitary in weapon weilding and spell casting, and mainly fought in both the war and in the main campaign using a combination of his skill with weaponry such as his sword and dagger in combination with his magic. In cqc, he can use the environment around him and his prior knowledge on war tactics as well as magic to help him take down opponents.

Also to clear some things up about Rireak's spells, they are pretty comparable to is own AP, as they can harm opponents roughtly equal to him in durability. Obviously, some spells aren't, such as magic missile and snow swarm, which scale below him, but the more powerful ones such as fire bolt and scorcher are pretty much his AP.

And to clear up the confusion on minor illusion, the illusions Rireak can cast don't really follow the rules of D&D because our DM was super cool and didn't give a shit about the rules

Rireak has been able to blind people with his illusions by just making them see pitch black which we determined enhanced senses wouldn't be able to see through, and can create highly realistic illusions that can fool groups of people, such as illusions of his party or of himself in seperate places. One time he even made an illusion of the objects behind him to make it look like he was invisible. In the Ardonia Verse, high enough senses can sense illusions, but not see through them. So you would know that the object you were looking at wasn't real, but it would still be there. Which, if he choose to blind the opponent by creating an illusion of a black screen right in front of them, would still leave them blind.

because our DM was super cool and didn't give a shit about the rules

blind people with his illusions by just making them see pitch black which we determined enhanced senses wouldn't be able to see through

can create highly realistic illusions that can fool groups of people, such as illusions of his party or of himself in seperate places

One time he even made an illusion of the objects behind him to make it look like he was invisible
I think this is less "cool" and more "oh okay they have no restraint" because this is sorta utterly deranged for a cantrip and like

What do I even do with this, and why isn't this extent of stuff listed on the page

and why isn't this extent of stuff listed on the page
Because I'm bad at making profiles. Can probably add this stuff tommorow. Also our DM was extremly loose on rules and most of the players were new, so we got away with stuff we really shouldn't have.

Honestly, considering on how we have done some rediculous stuff in our campaign due to the lack of restraignt, it might be best to just not include the more obsurd feats some of them have pulled off. So I guess just ignore my commentary on the illusions, as it's more just a case of our DM not giving a shit.

Pretty much everything else can still be applied though

Last edited:
I mean, considering that their AP in the first place seems to go against what they'd be rated as in terms of actual DND characters, this may be just, how it is

Granted if it's inconsistent with other showings that's another can of worms but if it happens, it happens... And oh boy does it, seeing this

That said, going back to the matchup itself, I'd hazard to say that Claire and Lala would necessarily get a reliable win, just they have a lot of advantages that makes it possible (with incarnation in particular providing more than a little bit of a game-changer)

Maybe they'd win with high difficulty since they have the means to hurt him, take his hits and keep him in a position where they have the advantage but considering illusions he may just trounce them outright, depending on how fast he can cast this stuff

On the other hand incarnation in general doesn't just increase AP (since it is essentially bending the world around you via sheer willpower and does plenty of reality warping stuff to that end, it's the canon reason for how Kirito survived getting stabbed long enough to take Heathcliff with him and the basis for all the crazy stuff in Alictization)

So like, maybe they'd power through illusions like that but there's not necessarily a guarantee they get the true final blow they need on him, which would be more incon if not his victory

You know what, I feel like necroing this thread in honor of the new year

Also to help contribute to the thread, I don't think Rireak would open with blinding his opponent by using the illusions themselves. He typically opens with either blinding someone with Blindness/Deafness or distracting them with illusions before throwing firebolts at them

Creating an illusion of a pitch black screen in front of someone was talked about a lot, but was only ever used once in the entire campaign, and it was really only used as a gag because we thought it was funny. Granted, Rireak would probably use it again if a situation absolutely relied on it, but it's not his go-to move with his illusions

Last edited:
One time he even made an illusion of the objects behind him to make it look like he was invisible
Now I'm just having flashbacks to a reddit thread I saw recently providing exclusively terrible solutions to magic classes already gravely outclassing martials as the game progresses by default, alongside this chicanery

anyways, I don't have that much else to add to the thread beyond what I've already mentioned, Incarnation might power through illusions and just kill him outright in the right circumstances, but the illusions are something he can freely use and might screw up their attempts to box him in and hit a sword skill on their vitals

Now I'm just having flashbacks to a reddit thread I saw recently providing exclusively terrible solutions to magic classes already gravely outclassing martials as the game progresses by default, alongside this chicanery

anyways, I don't have that much else to add to the thread beyond what I've already mentioned, Incarnation might power through illusions and just kill him outright in the right circumstances, but the illusions are something he can freely use and might screw up their attempts to box him in and hit a sword skill on their vitals
So who is this a vote for or is this a vote for incon?

So like, maybe they'd power through illusions like that but there's not necessarily a guarantee they get the true final blow they need on him, which would be more incon if not his victory
I'm guessing that this is a vote for incon. I'll switch your vote to that

Back