• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Tale of Lost Swords Discussion Thread

Interesting changes have been made....

The Swords are now "pillars of the world" that maintain the reality of the world, and each weapon embodies one half of the dual concept it is named for, as well as all concepts connected to those.

The seventh weapon, currently the Sword of Spirit, is meant to be a weapon that has no dual concept, and transcends duality, and is somehow superior to all the others, but I haven't quite worked out what it is precisely. So for now "sword of spirit" is just a placeholder.

Considering the Swords embody fundamental dual concepts of the world, and these swords were made by the Dead Gods, this probably makes the Dead Gods transdual.

Interesting...

Bazinga cuz new lore.

So, in A Tale of Lost Swords, the world got ******* owned by the gods falling out of heaven and crashing into it.

The multiverse was broken into a bajillion pieces

random pockets of space-time were sent flying through dimensionless chaos

People were ******

Gajillions of people died

Luckily the multiverse is infinite so there was a bajillion more people around still

Anyway then these blokes called the seven heroes showed up

And blokettes

Can't be sexist, women can be heroes too

And the seven heroes had found these nifty things called

The God Swords

aka divine blades, aka god blades, etc etc etc

And these swords were actually things that had fallen out of heaven along with the gods

So the seven heroes kicked the asses of all the chaos horrors invading the world and put all the remaining pieces of the multiverse back together

in a giant spiral shape because why the **** not

and then they ****** off, who cares

and in this new spiral world, the sky is red because the world is really just a bajillion pocket dimensions of space time from across the multiverse randomly shuffled together and if you look up you can see that the spiral world is floating in the middle of all that chaos outside the multiverse.

which is red

because Warhammer 40K has affected me

oh and there's a second sun in the sky

right in the middle

from wherever you are, no matter where you are

weird

except its not actually a su

it's the ******* hole in the multiverse

where the gods fell into the world and ****** it over with their crash landing.

stupid *****

and from this hole

magic flows into the world

and magic lets you do cool shit

thanks for coming to my ted talk

but WAIT there's more

the seven heroes, being stupid ***** themselves

didn't properly fix up the world

and so there's cracks in the spiral world

which lead to CHAOS dun dun duuuuuhhhhh

cracks are small so CHAOS can't get in and **** shit up too much

But what they can do is send in little mini chaos horrors

well I say little

they're generally as big as a tall ma

6 foot

maybe more

so yeah, chaos horrors, aka ******* monsters keep leaking into the world

So in conclusion we have a spiral universe made of pocket dimensions with holes in them that leak monsters floating in the not-warp and the spiral leads to heaven which gives people magic

thanks for coming to my 2nd ted talk

In A Tale of Lost Swords, the world is in a constant cycle
The timeline loops back on itself in a constant cycle of creation and destruction, of rise and fall of civilisations
The reason for this, is when the seven heroes reconstructed the world out of the shattered pieces of the multiverse, they didn't actually have unlimited "time"
They could only reconstruct the timeline to a certain length
So although they knew it was kinda dumb to make the world loop on itself, to them it was the only way they could allow the world to continue "forever"
However, one of them, the "fallen" hero, hatched a plot
He had more faith in humanity than the others you see.
He believed that given enough time, they would find a solution and become able to make their own "time"
So that their world could continue into the future instead of just repeating
So, in an incredibly risky move, he intentionally created cracks in the spiral
(Spiral = world/timeline)
This would allow chaos i
(Which is very dangerous and is the reason for many horrible plagues and monster hordes in the world)
But at the same time, the chaos would allow some humans to retain their memories of prior cycles
It would free their souls from being bound to the repeating spiral
The other heroes turned against the fallen hero for this, and declared him fallen which is how he got the name
They preferred the safety of an eternally looping yet stagnant world to the possibility of destruction that allowing Chaos back in would cause
Which I guess you can't really blame them for
Anyway, the fallen hero hoped that eventually, someone would use their accumulated knowledge from the repetitions of the spiral to find a way to create a new future
Infection by chaos causes more than just memory accumulation though
Also messes with self control
Order and logic become less important
The worse the infection, the more insane the infected becomes
Eventually the soul eroded away
All that is left is a husk
And of course
Because the infected's souls are free of the loop
The infection can accumulate over loops
New born children whose souls have experienced dozens of loops and accumulated infection are born as the Mindless
Catatonic brain dead living "corpses"
Of course, this means there is a "time" limit to the fallen hero's pla
Eventually, if no "new future" is found, all souls will be eroded, and the spiral will become a world of soulless husks.
Which puts some more justification on the original heroes' anger at the fallen hero for doing this
In case you are wondering, each length of loop is about 20,000 years
It's also not incredibly easy to be infected by chaos
And the time taken until the soul's complete erosion is a while
Like, several lifetimes even if you're consistently being exposed to chaos and worsening the infectio
So it's not a quick process, just a near inevitable one
Also, minimal infection by chaos doesn't let you fully remember everything from past loops
So you can't just get slightly infected and then never do anything to worsen the infection and still remember everything
At best, you'd have some dreams of past lives that you'd nearly completely forget as soon as you wake up.

?

This is probably the verse I've got the most of a story worked out for, it's not dying anytime soon.

It was a joke about how you had a lot of energy with this a long ass time ago, but then it kinda got abandoned for like 2 years

I'm sure that's the least of concerning things about my psychology

Back