• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Surprisingly Strong Bat-Fam VS The Sky High Snek (DC Vs. Pokemon)

XitSign

He/Him
There was a Rayquaza VS Batman thread a long time ago that got utterly destroyed by the sheer number of Pokemon and DC revisions. I present its hilarious spiritual successor: Batgirl VS Rayquaza

If this doesn't work out I'm willing to switch to one of the other DC Girls, but this one in particular I find the most amusing

DC Super Hero Girls Batgirl VS Rayquaza, Batgirl is 5-A and Rayquaza is in Base form (Approximately < 3x advantage for Batgirl), Speed Equalized, fight starts at 10 meters, and fight takes place in Metropolis to give Batgirl a homefield advantage and buildings to use to try countering Rayquaza's flight

Gotta Love Scaling Less Serious Spinoffs: 0

Reenacting the Deoxys Movie: 9

Batman Prep FRA: 0

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm saying this but ... Batgirl has the AP advantage so I'm betting on her. Rayquaza has the better range but if he leads with a melee attack that forces him to get close, he's screwed over by Babs's strength. I'm voting her.

...I did mess up slightly, the advantage is LESS than 3x, not greater. Rayquaza upscales off his feat. My bad.

Voted for now

you'd think I could use the less than and greater than signs correctly...

I can't believe I'm saying this but ... Batgirl has the AP advantage so I'm betting on her. Rayquaza has the better range but if he leads with a melee attack that forces him to get close, he's screwed over by Babs's strength. I'm voting her.
You do realize Rayquaza has Clazz Z LS?

You do realize Rayquaza has Clazz Z LS?
Ray doesn't have a lot of moves where he makes use of his LS though, does he?

Barbra's Striking Strength is superior so she can lay in hits if she gets the chance.

Ray doesn't have a lot of moves where he makes use of his LS though, does he?

Barbra's Striking Strength is superior so she can lay in hits if she gets the chance.
Rayquaza can amp its AP and Speed up to x4 tho, other than being able to lower Barbara's speed and dura.

Rayquaza can amp its AP and Speed up to x4 tho, other than being able to lower Barbara's speed and dura.
Not my point. I wasn't arguing either side. I was just pointing out that, at least I THINK, Ray doesn't use his Lifting Strength in combat and that Maidrips was right, in Melee range Barbra can surprisingly do some damage.

Those arguments you've brought up are good for supporting the Ray vote tho.

What's Rayquaza's in-character behaviour? Didn't it blast Zinnia with a Hyper Beam for some reason in a manga?
& Deoxys is a mobile humanoid opponent like Barbara would be here. Did Rayquaza use anything but Hyper Beam when it battled that?

What's Rayquaza's in-character behaviour? Didn't it blast Zinnia with a Hyper Beam for some reason in a manga?
& Deoxys is a mobile humanoid opponent like Barbara would be here. Did Rayquaza use anything but Hyper Beam when it battled that?
Pokemon are pokemon, so pinning it down to what they do is always the hardest part. I do recall that Ray really does love to use beams a lot though, yes.

Pokemon are pokemon, so pinning it down to what they do is always the hardest part. I do recall that Ray really does love to use beams a lot though, yes.
It's a little weird that it spams it in-character, because.... Well, quoting descriptions:

"An extremely powerful attack. The attacker becomes so tired, it has to rest the next turn."
"Powerful, but leaves the user immobile the next turn." (Move)
"Powerful, but needs recharging the next turn." (TM)
"A severely damaging attack that makes the user rest on the next turn."
"The target is attacked with a powerful beam. The user must rest on the next turn to regain its energy."
"The target is attacked with a powerful beam. The user can't move on the next turn."

"On paper", it seems like it should be one of the LEAST spammable moves, yet "in practice", it seems to end up being one of the MOST spammed moves. I guess that it's just a testament to the power of the many Pokemon (Legendaries especially?) that it's so spammable for them??

It's a little weird that it spams it in-character, because.... Well, quoting descriptions:

"An extremely powerful attack. The attacker becomes so tired, it has to rest the next turn."
"Powerful, but leaves the user immobile the next turn." (Move)
"Powerful, but needs recharging the next turn." (TM)
"A severely damaging attack that makes the user rest on the next turn."
"The target is attacked with a powerful beam. The user must rest on the next turn to regain its energy."
"The target is attacked with a powerful beam. The user can't move on the next turn."

"On paper", it seems like it should be one of the LEAST spammable moves, yet "in practice", it seems to end up being one of the MOST spammed moves. I guess that it's just a testament to the power of the many Pokemon (Legendaries especially?) that it's so spammable for them??
Don't we have a section in Ray's weaknesses that even points out that the weakness of Hyper Beam, which IS shown to exist in mediums outside of game mechanic context, just doesn't seem to apply to Rayquaza specifically?

Back