• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Spooky Lil' Ghost vs A Ghost But Not Quite Although It's Still Pretty Close (Spooky vs Talion: 1 MORE VOTE LEFT)

How does his info analysis work?

And he probably wouldn't have the benefit of doing that, seeing how fast Specimen 9 engages the player after Spooks brings it to the player/brings the player to it.

And no, it's pretty clear Spooky does that, seeing as she claims she has "one final challenge for them", and right after that the fight happens.

Eh, summoner matches play out like this all the time. This is mainly because Spooky gets to fight on her home-turf, where she can do this easily.

He can also look for potential weakspots, as shown during his fight with the Legendary Graug and Balrog.

No... we don't include game mechanics in any fight, let alone video game fights.

We don't include them on profiles, either, unless they're grounded in the lore (Darksign from Dark Souls, for example), are obviously just abilities the character has, etc.

I believe they have lore justifications, but I am no expert on Final Fantasy.

Game mechanics is also case-by-case.

I mean yeah... He can gain info about his opponents strengths but not weaknesses. And for the teleporting, the reason I believe that Spec 9 was behind that is because just right after Spooky said that, you hear Spec 9 in the backround before she leaves.

I could literally re-name this thread "Talion vs Spooky's Specimens" and nobody would probably notice

Okay, I'm gonna compile a list of Specimens that Talion can counter or atleast not engage in combat with before confronting Spooky herself. Please feel free to prove me wrong.

Specimen 4: I think ESP counters her perception manip and he can just influence the specimen to fight for Talion, since she doesn't have resistance to it.

Specimen 5: "Has difficult affecting those without mental trauma" Does Talion have mental trauma? I don't know. But Talion can just avoid this one with his time slow and gtfo

Specimen 7: "Can only attack those with mental trauma" Again, I don't know if Talion has PTSD or something.

Specimen 8: Talion is probably ****** here unless he uses time slow and then mind manip to control it once it gets near.

Specimen 9: Talion sees it from afar and uses his mind manip once it gets near. He's more likely to encounter the floating head than its boss form.

Specimen 10: Hallucinations won't matter here since it's the kind that changes his view of the area as long as Talion mind manips it first, gaining another specimen as an ally.

Specimen 11: Talion gets BFRd :(

Specimen 12: Once again, time slow and mind manip. He gains another ally.

There are many specimens and monsters that I have missed here, but these are the ones stated by Dargoo since he probably listed the ones with hax.

"Does Talion have mental trauma?"

Yes, his entire family was killed before his eyes and their bodies used in some f*cked up ritual, so I think that counts though he eventually overcomes it after his fight with the Tower, who uses percep manip.

Kinda, he gets pissed when it gets brought up but as I said before, he eventually overcame it.

As for BFR, it requires contact, he can mindhax a few distance apart.

I can't find a specific video clip for Talion's moveset demonstration, if you have the game you'll find out.

Talion can quite literally force-choke his opponent then mindhax them.

Talion does not automatically see the strengths and weaknesses of an enemy before he goes into a fight. Talion gains info on strengths and weaknesses in two different ways; the first is the standard fight them and figure it out from that, the second is to get into their head (or the head of someone who knows them) and read their minds. The reading the mind method requires physical contact, and it gives all the information on both strengths and weaknesses at once; [[1]] go to 14:17, it is the first time he does it in the game and the most detailed example of what happens during his "interrogations". A player can expect to do this hundreds of times in a single playthrough, regularly in the middle of a fight.

Both Talion and Celebrimbor have mental trauma, but they use it as fuel to power themselves rather than get held back. Talion does get angry and murder the Hammer when he brings it up, but he was there to kill the Hammer anyway.

After Talion gets mind control it becomes his go-to strategy when uncertain or when in a hurry; friendlies going to be executed? Mind control. Graug not dead? Mind control. Need to rescue a prisoner from a heavily guarded fortress by yourself before they get tortured to death and there's no prep time? Mass mind control. Those are just in story missions. There are some side missions that are mind control based, and frankly after you get it unless the goal actually requires killing (or you're deliberately trying to avoid using it) then you spam mind control for everything. [[2]] this is the mission he gets his mind control, the ability description shows him using the ranged version at 4:32, the maximum range is a little further than that clip shows (not much, so you can take the distance shown there as the maximum if you like).

On top of that, Talion is significantly faster than every single specimen and monster Spooky has available. With his dura and AP being easily higher than the whole list, only the haxed ones are going to have a chance of hurting him, if he doesn't just brand them all on sight.

Speed is equalized boyo.

So far... the only specimens he'll have trouble with are the ones with BFR on contact.

Speed is equalised, but Talion has two abilities that give him temporary speed buffs. Since they are not disabled through speed equalization, he's still faster.

>significantly faster

>they have passive hax that Talion doesn't resist and doesn't know about

>Spooky can just snap to take him to them or them to him

Okay then.

Spooks sends him to fight a number of the specimens, and Talion eventually gets himself possessed or EE'd through contact.

His ressurection is soulbased, unless spec 5's EE can affect souls he's still coming back,

And he's already possessed.

Eh on the first one.

Biological possession. Talion would lose control of his body.

Shouldn't Spec 10 kill its victims before "fully" taking their bodies over? Again, Talion can ressurect. Really his only problem is BFR, although he can just mindhax from a distance.

Because he's going to get tired after walking through all of those rooms and wish to rest.

But for real, does his mindhax have any explanation...? Because his profile just says "Mind Manipulation" with nothing else. Don't really think we can assume he can go all Star Wars on everyone due to this.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Because he's going to get tired after walking through all of those rooms and wish to rest.
But for real, does his mindhax have any explanation...? Because his profile just says "Mind Manipulation" with nothing else. Don't really think we can assume he can go all Star Wars on everyone due to this.
He can just sit on the floor 4Head

Nah, seriously, I doubt he'll be tired given the fact that he has been fighting hordes of orcs.

Back