• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Last edited:
He is, but Odin and Zeus are portrayed as being roughly on the same level, which is why downscaling from him is part of their 2-A justifications.
How are they portrayed as being roughly the same lvl? They were only equal to him when he was weakened and would have killed them after gaining his full power along with the celestials heck I think there was a guide book stating dormmamu’s power equals the power of all the gods together.

How are they portrayed as being roughly the same lvl? They were only equal to him when he was weakened and would have killed them after gaining his full power along with the celestials heck I think there was a guide book stating dormmamu’s power equals the power of all the gods together.
Dormammu himself claimed that he was the equal of Odin and Zeus.

They should all be 1B, no joke

THe reason Odin wasn't given a proper tier is because of how inconsistent he can be sometimes, albeit the Odinsleep thing is a factor sometimes.

I do agree that Utau's tiering is a mess, it don't make tons of sense. Also the "across infinite realities" is more if a range thing than AP, but the thousand part can be used for scaling.

I personally prefer if we avoid any drastic upgrades due to "everybody can fight everybody, because Marvel Comics is borderline dadaistic in this regard" chain-scaling, if none of the characters have feats of anywhere near that scale.

I hope that Impress will be able to make our Marvel cosmic entities profile pages more reliable.

I support removing the Zeus profile, and IMO Uatu should be a 2-A due to that "Thousand Realities" thing.

Also, we should either make Odin fully downscale from Dormammu, or we shouldn't even add that he's portrayed as being comparable.

always consider Dormammu's statement as skyfather are 16, abstracts are 18-20, Dormammu 18 (weakened).

yes, The profile of the watcher is bad, besides that his justification of Backscaling Celestials does not make much sense since in the same comic you can see that the celestials have the advantage all the time and they are not even their true forms

Do we have the scans and sources for that?
5476730-1065155163-50720.jpg

IrA02SR.jpeg

I am uneasy with scaling between eras, especially for Dormammu, who has been treated as a pushover in most recent appearances, but him stating himself that Odin and Zeus are his equals, back when he was still treated as a big threat, seems considerably more reliable.

I am uneasy with scaling between eras, especially for Dormammu, who has been treated as a pushover in most recent appearances, but him stating himself that Odin and Zeus are his equals, back when he was still treated as a big threat, seems considerably more reliable.
Pretty sure dormmamu was weakened when he said that and when has he been treated as a pushover in his most recent appearances?

The Bendis-era Avengers were able to fight him, Cyclops severely damaged him to the point that Dormammu screamed in agony, the Howling Commandos (the monster version with Frankenstein's Monster) were beating him up, he was unable to even annoy Galactus, whereas even Gladiator gave the latter a fight in the same storyline, etcetera.

Somewhat, but the essential point remains. Also, in the Waid run of Doctor Strange, Dormammu was stated to be weaker than other members of the Faltine that Strange and his allies defeated without too much trouble, if I remember correctly.

In any case, Dormammu used to be portrayed as a far bigger deal than currently, power-wise. Al Ewing hyped him up as a bigger threat again during the recent "The Final Annihilation" storyline, but only relatively speaking.

Back