• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A potential 6-C upgrade and a Potential downgrade removal from 6-C (a soul for a soul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Let's start with the upgrade first. So we recently upgraded a bunch of people to baseline 6-C for scaling above Wraith who scales above a 4 gigaton blast due to damaging a Natsu with magic when a 4-gigaton blast didn't hurt a Natsu without magic.

Now, X793 Wendy also had no magic but was also unhurt by the 4 gigaton blast, but people like Base Nebaru can definitely hurt a Base X793 Wendy who does have magic. Thus, I propose that X793 Base Wendy and Base Nebaru get upgraded to a baseline 6-C, because Base Wendy/Nebaru >>>> No Magic Wendy >= 4 gigatons. Besides, it's less than a 1.1x multiplier, so it's reasonable to upscale.

2. I think the X793 Thunder Legion should be downgraded to "At Least High 7-A, possibly 6-C", or maybe not even have the "possibly 6-C". Why?

Because when they were fighting base Gray, all 3 of them took him on at once and yet they did only a little damage which was a few bruises/scratches at best. Gray even hints that they're only matching him because it's a 3-on-1, implying that he could easily beat any of them solo. He was also easily dodging most of their attacks while holding back, since he didn't seem to take it 100% seriously until his ice powers got removed (and at that point the Thunder Legion had made a big mistake).

Not to mention, when he went Devil Slayer, even though he didn't have his ice powers, he demolished the Thunder Legion with mere physical blows, even one-shotting Freed's transformation.

So at best, each of the X793 Thunder Legion should be "At Least High 7-A, possibly 6-C".

Thoughts?

1. Let's start with the upgrade first. So we recently upgraded a bunch of people to baseline 6-C for scaling above Wraith who scales above a 4 gigaton blast due to damaging a Natsu with magic when a 4-gigaton blast didn't hurt a Natsu without magic.
Sure.
2. I think the X793 Thunder Legion should be downgraded to "At Least High 7-A, possibly 6-C", or maybe not even have the "possibly 6-C". Why?
Neutral.
I don't see where he hints that, nor do I see where he implies anything.
He was also easily dodging most of their attacks while holding back, since he didn't seem to take it 100% seriously until his ice powers got removed (and at that point the Thunder Legion had made a big mistake).

Not to mention, when he went Devil Slayer, even though he didn't have his ice powers, he demolished the Thunder Legion with mere physical blows, even one-shotting Freed's transformation.
Could you show scans for these?

oh wtf I dont remember these chapters at all...

I must've accidently skipped them when I was binging it somehow

Anyways agree for now
No worries, I've skipped over some chapters while binging myself.

Getting tired of upscaling threads

I suppose Base Wendy becoming baseline 6-C is fine, it's a small difference, going from 4 Gigatons to 4.3 Gigatons is minor as hell

I don't agree with The Thunder Legion not scaling to Base Gray, they very clearly hurt him with their physicals and survive attacks from him

Getting tired of upscaling threads

I suppose Base Wendy becoming baseline 6-C is fine, it's a small difference, going from 4 Gigatons to 4.3 Gigatons is minor as hell

I don't agree with The Thunder Legion not scaling to Base Gray, they very clearly hurt him with their physicals and survive attacks from him
1. Well, technically it's both an upgrade and downgrade, which is why I said "a soul for a soul" (or rather, 3 normal souls for one pint-sized soul)

2. I was kinda arguing for this since the Alta Face calc was introduced, but now with everyone upscaling from it there's no reason for Wendy not to.

3. True, but it took all 3 of them just to do moderate damage to Gray (with him even saying that it is hard mainly because it's 3-vs-1), and he's shown dodging all 3 attacks at once. He took a point-blank sneak attack explosion from Evergreen and got mere scratches/burns.

How about each of the 3 becomes "At least High 7-A, likely 6-C".

What does upscaling mean?

Say a certain tier begins at 100 Tons; and somebody is scaling to a calc value that is around 95 Tons. Somebody can argue that if the character is so superior to the value of 95 Tons and the next tier is only 5 Tons away, that the character doesn't scale to 95 Tons but instead upscales to 100 Tons.

It's basically just an upgrade to characters who are so close to a certain values that they may as well be listed in the next tier.

I know; that's not the kind of standards I mean where it's just left up for people to decide freely.
Hey, I gave many proposals and no one liked em, so this is what we do now

This is whatever tho, it's less than a 1.1x difference, it's fine
3. True, but it took all 3 of them just to do moderate damage to Gray (with him even saying that it is hard mainly because it's 3-vs-1), and he's shown dodging all 3 attacks at once. He took a point-blank sneak attack explosion from Evergreen and got mere scratches/burns.

How about each of the 3 becomes "At least High 7-A, likely 6-C".
It taking them 3 people to land a hit doesn't mean that the hits themselves don't scale, I disagree with them not scaling to Base Gray

It taking them 3 people to land a hit doesn't mean that the hits themselves don't scale, I disagree with them not scaling to Base Gray
So will they be "Likely 6-C" or just "6-C", because even as someone who (as you know) will do anything for Island-level FT, IMO we need to see more of them than just bruising Gray. Your call, though.

Well, since Mitch has stated why the Thunder Legion should be 6-C, I drop my 2nd argument.

My anger continues to rise

Anyways the Legion hurt Base Gray only due to him holding back. Base Wendy being baseline 6C….what attack did she tanked?

1. He said he was holding back because him and Legions are comrades as he said

2. Nice terrible logic. If I didn’t read FT then I wouldn’t know the names of the characters nor the things that happen but nice try though

3. That’s a durability feat
That’s his point. Nebaru can harm her and she can scrap with him. She was losing cuz he got her pinned and then started suffocating her.

1. He said that he was hurting on the inside due to not wanting to fight the TL, he didn't say he was holding back.

2. But how could you not know that feat? Hell, just going to FT's main page on VS battle wiki can show you the Alta Face Feat. I mean, it's literally the reason why the Spriggan 12 and everyone who scales to them are now Baseline 6-C.

And what I meant was that you don't seem to be up to date with the current FT chapters. Remember when you didn't know that the chapters come out every other week?

3. Durability = attack potency. Unless their durability >>> their AP due to something like armor, or if the high AP is only due to a weapon which makes it far above durability.

Also look at what @AnonymousBlank just said.

Sooooo, since at least the 1st proposal was accepted, will X793 Wendy be getting a small boost now?

That’s his point. Nebaru can harm her and she can scrap with him. She was losing cuz he got her pinned and then started suffocating her.
Could had sworn he was talking about ATLA Face instead
Durability = attack potency. Unless their durability >>> their AP due to something like armor, or if the high AP is only due
Funny enough I said this before but apparently it’s a case by case thing. It’s still just a durability feat how for example like Deku

Could had sworn he was talking about ATLA Face instead

Funny enough I said this before but apparently it’s a case by case thing. It’s still just a durability feat how for example like Deku
Well I don't know enough about Deku so you might be right on that one, but 2 exceptions to the main rule include:

-Nami from OP: Her attack Potency with Zeus is MUUUUUCH higher than her durability. Which is why when I put her against X792 Lucy, everyone agreed that despite similar AP values, Lucy one-shots her because Lucy can actually tank what she dishes out while Nami...can't.

-Any Dragon from FT as well as Madmole: Their durability is far above their AP, the former due to Dragon Scales being many times tougher than their AP (except against Dragon Slayer Magic), and the latter due to Madmole's powers explicitly focusing on armor, which is why he took 2 hits at separate times from a guy 4x above him (FDKM Natsu) and got up like a champ.

The point is that Base Wendy and Base Nebaru scale to each other in both AP and Durability, which would both be far above the 4 Gigaton feat, which would make them Baseline 6-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back