• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A pathetic stupid walking fish vs a Fish Eye (Walkatrout vs a Floating Eye) (0 votes left)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Tennyson lands in the D&D verse and lives several years in that verse.

While he is in the ocean. he sees a floating eye. Hoping to turn into humongasaur and slap it between his hands. he ends up turning into the stupidly lame walkatrout. (if you get humongasaur joke, you are a true ben 10 fan)

Can he defeat the eye with just walkatrout and bare knowledge of it.

The Eye's Profile: 7 votes

The Trout's Profile (0 votes)

rules

they're both in the ocean

the speed is equalized

the eye wants to kill the trout and the trout wants to kill the eye

anyway C'mon guys. Walkatrout is the worst alien ever. Even Worst than the "WORST" maybe this his chance to shine.

Last edited:
This creature is from adnd, so I have no knowledge about it. However, aside of having hypnotic powers, it seems to be a translucent fish. Walkatraut can easily surpass it in every aspect, but he has no possible resistance against the fish hypnotic gaze; avoiding the hypnotic gaze is not impossible, as animals like sharks and rays have learned to avoid it, but that takes time (although, since floating fish attack in banks, its damage it quite negligible).

This creature is from adnd, so I have no knowledge about it. However, aside of having hypnotic powers, it seems to be a translucent fish. Walkatraut can easily surpass it in every aspect, but he has no possible resistance against the fish hypnotic gaze; avoiding the hypnotic gaze is not impossible, as animals like sharks and rays have learned to avoid it, but that takes time (although, since floating fish attack in banks, its damage it quite negligible).

it may be possible for the eye to just keep gazing it and hitting him over and over.

I think eye contact is needed, however once eye contact is made not sure how much time the affected will remain paralysed.

I believe the ap difference is notable, the floating fish actually cause 0 damage individually, meanwhile walkatrout seems as strong as a creature of its mass.

I think eye contact is needed, however once eye contact is made not sure how much time the affected will remain paralysed.

I believe the ap difference is notable, the floating fish actually cause 0 damage individually, meanwhile walkatrout seems as strong as a creature of its mass.

walkatrout has eyes. but we really need a D&D fan here for help.

is there any d&d fans here that you know?

Ben has resisted hypnosis in 2 different alien forms by the time of Omniverse, so it’s likely he can break out of it eventually.

being contacted over Tllm's shitty beast profiles

If Walkatrout has resisted hypnosis in the past, it should be capable of doing so here. Unlike most D&D characters, afaik Floaing Eye doesn't scale to the minimum kingdom-sized mind manip of the Nilbog. If it is a proven thing that Walkatrout has said resistance, then he should take it. Otherwise, Floating Eye should.

If Walkatrout has resisted hypnosis in the past, it should be capable of doing so here. Unlike most D&D characters, afaik Floaing Eye doesn't scale to the minimum kingdom-sized mind manip of the Nilbog. If it is a proven thing that Walkatrout has said resistance, then he should take it. Otherwise, Floating Eye should.

you sure this isn't a stomp

I have no clue, I'm talking about two characters I'm not familiar with lol

If walkatrout can somehow avoid eye contact, he could potetially one-shot the floating eye (at the end, is just a ~30 cm long fish) in one bite; even if it does not avoid eye contact, it will take a good time for the floating eye to cause a notable damage to walkatrout (as the fish attacks are weaker than a cat's). If the paralysis is only last as long eye contact is made, then it can easily avoided once the source of the paralysis is known.

If walkatrout is straight up resistent to mental effects (although didn't see the proof in the profile), then this fight may very well be an stomp.

If walkatrout can somehow avoid eye contact, he could potetially one-shot the floating eye (at the end, is just a ~30 cm long fish) in one bite; even if it does not avoid eye contact, it will take a good time for the floating eye to cause a notable damage to walkatrout (as the fish attacks are weaker than a cat's). If the paralysis is only last as long eye contact is made, then it can easily avoided once the source of the paralysis is known.

If walkatrout is straight up resistent to mental effects (although didn't see the proof in the profile), then this fight may very well be an stomp.

i don't think he is straight up resistant

Whampire resists and Big Chill resists as well, although the latter’s page isn’t up to date I think. Making me think Ben Tennyson resists (due to keeping the same mind more or less).

If the fish resists or not depends if the resistance comes from an species trait or it comes from Ben.

Either way, since floating eye's power is relatively easy to avoid, and that the fish is not really that strong, even if walkatrout does not resist, I see him winning most of time.

If the fish resists or not depends if the resistance comes from an species trait or it comes from Ben.

Either way, since floating eye's power is relatively easy to avoid, and that the fish is not really that strong, even if walkatrout does not resist, I see him winning most of time.
I'd argue it isn't that easy to avoid considering all the body is transparent and Trout doesn't have enhanced senses looking at the eye if kinda its only way to gage where the fish is
Also as for strength isn't Trout also really physically weak?
I think both could wittle the other down and Floating Eye would probs paralyse fairly easily so

According to the floating eye description, other aquatic predators had learned to swim close to it without being affected by the hypnotic gaze, so avoiding it is not impossible.

I also dunno about this "one-shotting" talk. Floating eye is weak, sure, but they're both 10-C.

According to the floating eye description, other aquatic predators had learned to swim close to it without being affected by the hypnotic gaze, so avoiding it is not impossible.
Eh doesn't seem like something that easy to do lol
I'd assume they have more experince with it and can resist it too so

It was Big Chill’s natural predator that pulled the hypnosis on Big Chill. So it being a species trait is practically impossible, with Whampire it’s more complicated. Ben has also resisted mind control (very likely via willpower) as Nanomech although there is a difference between mind control and hypnosis in the verse, since the former gets blocked by the Omnitrix while the latter doesn’t + while Ben was half-nanochip and it thus being unlikely that the resistance came from his form (since it’s mindhax that works specifically on nanochips), he was also half-human which might also explain the Nanochip’s Queen trouble to control him.

It was Big Chill’s natural predator that pulled the hypnosis on Big Chill. So it being a species trait is practically impossible, with Whampire it’s more complicated. Ben has also resisted mind control (very likely via willpower) as Nanomech although there is a difference between mind control and hypnosis in the verse, since the former gets blocked by the Omnitrix while the latter doesn’t + while Ben was half-nanochip and it thus being unlikely that the resistance came from his form (since it’s mindhax that works specifically on nanochips), he was also half-human which might also explain the Nanochip’s Queen trouble to control him.

you think the floating eye can win still

I mean both are 10-C, so if there's no stomp gap in AP then sure why not? If we agree the Trout resist though then he should take it handily.

Does Trout resist though?

You mentioned earlier that other creatures have, but has Trout specifically? If not then I don't see a reason to come to that conclusion barring further context.

Even if both are 10-C, trout seems the stronger one in quality of being bigger (as they do not scale to no one, their strength comes from their size), plus the guy has additional limbs for a fish, they seems short, but is still better than not having none.

Even if both are 10-C, trout seems the stronger one in quality of being bigger (as they do not scale to no one, their strength comes from their size), plus the guy has additional limbs for a fish, they seems short, but is still better than not having none.
Okay but that doesn't translate to one shot, and if Trout doesn't resist he's liable to fall under Eye'sgaze and get smacked a decent amount before Trout gets back to action (Assuming Eye doesn't paralyse again)

Does Trout resist though?

You mentioned earlier that other creatures have, but has Trout specifically? If not then I don't see a reason to come to that conclusion barring further context.
I gave a full on explanation earlier. Why are you assuming Ben's mental resistances change between forms?

I said potentially one-shot, take it like, a cat attacking a rat, so not necessary would happen. Although, considering the eye is the one visible point, if it receives well aimed attack, it can potentially go blind.

Eh do we assume that the alien is Ben?
I thought Ben 10 alien pages for the species in general
Yes, technically Albedo is an option as well (or someone else who had access to the Omnitrix and it's variants, although even that is debatable) but OP made a story about Ben. Reason being that the pages catalog the prime example of said species, point in case Bullfrag. As such an Omnitrix user is required for the fight. But hey I'm all for freedom of OP here so if you wanna make a match where a random member of the species is used then I'll do my best to help you with scaling, however I can't promise that I'll be able to give conclusive scaling. Best to make such matches in F&G as well, with a possible exception being Sugilite.

I gave a full on explanation earlier. Why are you assuming Ben's mental resistances change between forms?
Because you phrase it as though Walkatrout does not resist, and that other forms do. You are the one giving this implication, lad, and now its there- you can't just ignore it now.

Because of this, as one may expect I'm leaning for the D&D pathetic fish over the Ben 10 pathetic fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back