• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"A majority of people start out by mimicking another, you know."

Sasuke Uchiha vs. Kabuto Yakushi

Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan vs. Dragon Sage Mode

• This fight takes place between #579-586 (i.e., Sasuke and Itachi's fight against Kabuto)
    • The location is the cave where they fought in canon
  • Both are are in-character
  • Equalized speed
  • Sasuke has knowledge on Kabuto's Genjutsu, and likewise, Kabuto has info on Sasuke's Genjutsu
  • Kabuto cannot summon any Edotensei
A protagonist:
Bitey Frank.jpg:
Inconclusive:

Kabuto wins imo. Sasuke has no way of dealing with that genjutsu even if he's aware of it.
I don't wanna be that guy, but Sasuke was going to lose that fight at multiple points if not for Itachi being there. Heck, even Itachi himself might've lost to that genjutsu without Sasuke being there to break him out of it.

Kabuto won't run out of stamina due to his indefinite Sage Mode, has complete control of the terrain, is essentially immune to all of Sasuke's genjutsu thanks to his ability to fight with his eyes closed, can avoid taking damage with his liquification technique, survive most if not all injuries with the Orochimaru style substitution technique, and has proven that he can dodge Sasuke's fastest attack (his arrow) thanks to his sensory capabilities.

Kabuto wins imo. Sasuke has no way of dealing with that genjutsu even if he's aware of it.
I don't wanna be that guy, but Sasuke was going to lose that fight at multiple points if not for Itachi being there. Heck, even Itachi himself might've lost to that genjutsu without Sasuke being there to break him out of it.

Kabuto won't run out of stamina due to his indefinite Sage Mode, has complete control of the terrain, is essentially immune to all of Sasuke's genjutsu thanks to his ability to fight with his eyes closed, can avoid taking damage with his liquification technique, survive most if not all injuries with the Orochimaru style substitution technique, and has proven that he can dodge Sasuke's fastest attack (his arrow) thanks to his sensory capabilities.
It's important to keep in mind that them not being able to kill hindered them. Plus, there's not much Kabuto could do about an amaterasu barrier. He can't get in for close combat, and if he immobilizes with sound genjutsu, it doesn't matter. The barrier of flames will still be up. His only hope is genjutsu then something like water style to blow Sasuke out of the barrier, but that's if Sasuke hasn't first blown open a hole in the roof and escaped to a more advantageous area to him. Also good setup for kirin which would probably gg Kabuto. Also Kabuto only shut off his eyesight after Itachi mentioned using genjutsu. He has no knowledge on Sasuke's genjutsu here so he might not resort to it. I'm not really sure who would win myself here. Kabuto is a more powerful fighter, but Sasuke has a variety of hax skills that can help him achieve a victory.

Didn't Kabuto damn near kill EMS Sasuke several times in their fight if Itachi didn't save his ass?
Only time I can recall is when he used genjutsu, both the weird dragon one and Tayuya's, and also Sasuke didn't fight with killing intent. If he was he would've used susanoo in cqc like against Danzo and spammed amaterasu a lot more.

Sasuke having killing intent won't change much of anything. He has no answer to the genjutsu, and he can't do anything to Kabuto that his regeneration, liquification, and/or Orochimaru-Style Substitution Jutsu won't save him from.

Once the genjutsu is used, even if Sasuke had the Susano'o active at the time, it'll come undone and Sasuke will be completely helpless.

Sasuke having killing intent won't change much of anything. He has no answer to the genjutsu, and he can't do anything to Kabuto that his regeneration, liquification, and/or Orochimaru-Style Substitution Jutsu won't save him from.

Once the genjutsu is used, even if Sasuke had the Susano'o active at the time, it'll come undone and Sasuke will be completely helpless.
True, but he can end the fight before Kabuto gets to use it. And I don't think all that stuff will save Kabuto from amaterasu spam. Substitution will work once, but then Sasuke can use it again and again with the EMS.

True, that's a wincon for Kabuto.

True, but he can end the fight before Kabuto gets to use it. And I don't think all that stuff will save Kabuto from amaterasu spam.
Amaterasu isn't particularly good against constantly moving and/or hidden targets. There's a reason why Kabuto was slithering around in hidden spots for the majority of the fight. He'll survive a few of the initial attacks thanks to his regeneration/substitution, and avoid a few thanks to his mobility and precog. After which, he'll come to the obvious conclusion that this is a bit of a stalemate, and exactly what he did in canon: use the bloody genjutsu.
Substitution will work once, but then Sasuke can use it again and again with the EMS.
It can work as long as he has chakra, and due to the nature of his Sage Mode, that won't be much of an issue for him.

Amaterasu isn't particularly good against constantly moving and/or hidden targets. There's a reason why Kabuto was slithering around in hidden spots for the majority of the fight. He'll survive a few of the initial attacks thanks to his regeneration/substitution, and avoid a few thanks to his mobility and precog. After which, he'll come to the obvious conclusion that this is a bit of a stalemate, and exactly what he did in canon: use the bloody genjutsu.

It can work as long as he has chakra, and due to the nature of his Sage Mode, that won't be much of an issue for him.
Amaterasu caught Hebi Sasuke even when Itachi didn't want to kill Sasuke. The only time Amaterasu has been dodged or blocked was with a speed advantage or some sort of trick like V1 globbing or absorption.

Snake style substitution has been stated to take a ton of chakra, as stated by Itachi against Sasuke. I doubt he'd be able to pull it off infinitely. Even Orochimaru could barely do it half a dozen times without being worn out.

Back