• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A little upgrade for Devilman?

Omnificence

Joe, Joey, Jojo, Joseph
He/Him
Okay, so we all know that Devilman being a multiversal threat has been debunked (or has it now?). But, after spending a great deal of research over forums and in communities, I've started to wonder there's a possibility Devilman may be stronger than what his current profile states.

First of all, I came across this calculation of Satan destroying the moo, and once I glanced at the final result, it evidently states: "Satan's laser, that Devilman dodged, traveled to the moon in 384 000 000 m/s, which is 1.2 faster than the speed of light."

So, with the said case in point stated above, maybe this should put Devilman at FTL speed or at the very least having FTL reactions.

Second and importantly, there was this DeviantArt page for Devilman which displayed a section for his attack potency. After clicking the link embedded into the header, I was brought to this calculatio. The text displays this:

https://youtu.be/E-CNdMGigYg?t=894
Timeframe: 14:56:19 to 14:56:31. or 0.12s
https://i.imgur.com/5R1FVgG.png
Earth: 12 742 km and 3737px
Split diameter: 730px or 2.4891e6m
split height: 135px or 406 307m
Volume of half ellisoid (more actually but whatever) : 1.49325e18m^3
Density of water: 1000kg/m^3
Mass: 1.49325e21 kg
Distance travelled by wave: 2 522 044 meters
Speed: 21 017 030m/s or 7%c sub relativistic+
KE= 3.298e35 Joules or 78.8 Yottatons
However it's and omnidirectional wave type thing so it's atleast twice this at 157.6 yottatons
Large planet level

Now, I'm not sure if this calculation is 100% accurate, but if this can't put Devilman at a solid 5-A, would it at least be enough to put him at Planet Level+?

Welp, I'm finally glad I made this, cuz it's been on my mind ever since. Leave your thoughts and opinions on whether or not you agree with these changes.

Yeah, I don't see any issue with FTL reactions. The AP calc would have to be evaluated though

So, if what Prom said is compliant, can we give Devilman these FTL reactions?

@CreatorJoe

I suppose that it seems fine.

@WeeklyBattles

That is a good point. The composite profiles should mostly be split up or removed.

Personally I'm surprised we don't have OVA or Crybaby profiles for Devilman

@Amtvasima

I don't think that's necessary. After all, you got a Compsite Link profile with a bunch of other versions of him.

@Lonkitt

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Well, only the composite profiles that do not fulfill our new rules are supposed to be deleted or reworked:

"Do not create composite profiles, as they contain highly inflated statistics and do not represent a reasonable canonical version of the character at any given point in time.

• Profiles for entire species may be acceptable, if it can be shown that the species in question would potentially be capable of having any and all of it's potential characteristics at once. However, these profiles should not include exceedingly extraordinary or underwhelming feats and abilities from notable individuals of a species, and the viability of these profiles are determined on a case-by-case basis.
  • In the event that a character has no linear canon, but rather treats all of the related works as being canon without much context as to the order of events, a profile detailing all of their feats at once may also be acceptable.
  • While some verses may have a lot of stories written by a lot of different authors over a wide span of time, as long as these are all considered canon to each other, their feats can be used together without being considered a composite."

@Antvasima Hmm...maybe all of the composite profiles shouldn't be deleted, then. If an entire species can have a list of all its characteristics, it can be accepted.

aren't all the versions of devilman canon because of the time loop ?

it would make sense to me that one version of for example devilman/ Amon also would also the powers of other versions like it is now with the composite profiles

It would come down to whether Devilman had all of his abilities and feats canonically at any given time.

I'm not knowledgeable on Devilman, so I don't have too much to say on the matter. But if Devilman keeps all of his abilities, strength, etc between depictions, then his profile might still be acceptable (though it would have to be evaluated properly). If not, then the profile will need to be removed or split up.

@Antvasima Well, I don't see why you and the rest had to delete the Composite Human profile.

It was essentially a fanfiction character.

I've continued my discussion on Devilman here. I'd like to ask everyone who participated in this thread to join me. Thank you.

Back