• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Half Baked Leave of Absence

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Yes, the title is an oven joke.

First of all, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. Now that that's out of the way, I'm going to take an official break from the wiki starting January. The reason for this is that the piling stress of having to manage multiple verses at once has finally taken its toll and I'm afraid I'm on the brink of a full-blown breakdown.

I have not slept earlier than 3 am these past few days and it has been severely affecting my cognition and my sleeping schedule. The latter is an issue as I will have to go back to school come January and I don't want to fall asleep in class.

Even now as I type this to you it is currently 2 am and I have to wake up at 7 to attend Christmas mass at church later. This obviously isn't healthy, and I need to stop while I can.

Now usually, I would take a break without making a big deal out of it and come back as if I had never left, but I realize that if I leave now, many of my projects still in progress will never get done.

So if I may be so bold, I would like some people to please help with ongoing revisions and stuff I had planned to add to the wiki:

1) American Gods pages need to be updated as per this thread. If a page isn't modelled after Mr. Wednesday's page I would appreciate it if someone could make the adjustments.

2) The God of High School needs its pages adjusted as per this thread. The God tiers need to have their tiering adjusted. Unfortunately, I do not have a template for anyone to follow so I trust initiative will be taken on this one.

3) Brave Frontier is now a verse, but severely lacking pages. My sandbox has some pages ready for publishing but they still require some cleaning up. Ultor, S'eljah, Vargas, and May are done and ready to be posted. I would appreciate it if someone could help me post them and edit them into the verse page.

4) Some of the Kamen Rider pages have atrocious grammar that I have wanted to fix for months now. I never really found the time, but it would really help the verse if someone gets on that. I really like this verse so it would really mean a lot to me if someone helps with this.

5) Not really urgent, but can someone organize a Plants vs Zombies thread for gathering feats. Our pages are a mess and we can't decide on what feats need calced and what can be used.

I know it's a bit much, asking for people to do things while you just leave, but without patting myself on the back too much, I have tanked a majority of verses no one cares about with little to show for it for so long now. I just need someone to finish what I started. I can understand if no one wants to do the things I have proposed and rest assured, I will work on them upon my eventual return. That's a promise. But if anyone decides to pick up my slack, you have my eternal gratitude.

I think I've said enough. Again, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to everyone. I shall probably return in February or March, so I hope the wiki doesn't tear itself apart until then.

You can be honest and just admit it's because I got Borderlands on Steam and you're dying to play it with me.

Smh my head at this beating around the bush nonsense.

Bambu never lies.

/s

In all seriousness, take care, insert the usual real-life-comes-first post. We care about you homie, even if you are just a defective kitchen appliance.

I can somewhat understand that stress. Hell I took a break from the wiki by getting others to block me so I wouldn't waste my time here while school was getting hectic later down the semester. If it's gotten to you that much then a break is a neccessity.

Hopefully you'll return better than ever, see you in a few months Oven, Merry Christmas, and a Happy new Year, and most importantly, thanks for making me some food with your oven back when I asked.

Considering all of the massive amount of work you've done for this community, if you believe a break is in order, then by all means, please put yourself above us, because at the end of the day, this really isn't that important. This is a lesson that we've told many over and over, even Ant, who still hasn't figured it out yet, and it's a lesson worth remembering.

Good luck, and godspeed!

That sucks to hear, and to see another staff member leave us is kinda sad. Still, have fun with whatever it is you wanna do, and I hope this makes you a happier person.

You were also my favorite furnace from Minecraft.

Back