• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A furry magician goes up against a cyborg ninja (STOMP, DISCONTINUED)

Propellus

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
Bronze Supporter
Both are 8-A

They are at least 40 meters away from each other.

This is MGRR Base Raiden

Mertin upscales from 99.45 tons to baseline 8-A

MGRR Raiden upscales from 156.78 tons

Speed is equalized.

Fight takes place around here:
artworks-000170788566-qlzbg8-t500x500.jpg

Who would win and why?

Mertin the Magnificent (Krypto the Superdog):

Raiden (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance):

Incon:

Last edited:
Ngl, pretty sure Raiden stomps very, very, badly.

The only thing this dude has that is legitimately threatening is that Transmutation, which is never going to hit Raiden, between the very blatant tells, and Raiden's 2x amp (10x when landing a killing blow), it just isn't happening.
Raiden is just gonna roll up, and HF Blade, which is over kill because he doesn't even need to, he can just CQC him and cripple him beyond recovery.

Like I could get into the million other advantages he has and things he could do, but it's a waste of time, Raiden just walks up and memes on the rabbit with basically zero issue.

Ngl, pretty sure Raiden stomps very, very, badly.
Well, Mertin does have a few haxes up his sleeve, so it's possible that he could win here.
The only thing this dude has that is legitimately threatening is that Transmutation, which is never going to hit Raiden, between the very blatant tells, and Raiden's 2x amp (10x when landing a killing blow), it just isn't happening.
Raiden is just gonna roll up, and HF Blade, which is over kill because he doesn't even need to, he can just CQC him and cripple him beyond recovery.
Does Raiden usually start up with those kinds of amps in combat? Cause I doubt Raiden would take a rabbit with a wand seriously. For instance, Mertin usually starts with Transmutation, he could even transmute Raiden's sword into something useless like a balloon sword.
Like I could get into the million other advantages he has and things he could do, but it's a waste of time, Raiden just walks up and memes on the rabbit with basically zero issue.
I mean, Mertin can still fly up extending the range, making it hard for Raiden to reach him. And Mertin could just push him back with TK too

Last edited:
Well, Mertin does have a few haxes up his sleeve, so it's possible that he could win here.
Going by what's on his profile, he has a singular hax that can do anything, and it has to actually hit.
Does Raiden usually start up with those kinds of amps in combat? For instance, Mertin usually starts with Transmutation, he could even transmute Raiden's sword into something useless like a balloon sword.
More or less, in some cases they even proc automatically like when he lands a hit or assassinates something, and that's not even getting into the dozens of QTE's throughout the game that automatically force you into it. He spams that shit.
And no he couldn't, because he has to hit Raiden, which he's not doing unless Raiden wants to be hit.

2x is when he activates manually, 10x is when he focuses/goes in for the kill/etc.
I mean, Mertin can still fly up extending the range.
Raiden would amp and leap toward him the moment he notices him starting to fly. Don't forget Raiden can casually leap over buildings and shit.
But honestly, he's never going to get the chance.

I don't even think this match is even slightly fair to the rabbit.

Going by what's on his profile, he has a singular hax that can do anything, and it has to actually hit.
It's eventually gonna hit him, he can't dodge that forever. If anything, Mertin will just keep spamming it.
More or less, in some cases they even proc automatically like when he lands a hit or assassinates something, and that's not even getting into the dozens of QTE's throughout the game that automatically force you into it. He spams that shit.
And no he couldn't, because he has to hit Raiden, which he's not doing unless Raiden wants to be hit.

2x is when he activates manually, 10x is when he focuses/goes in for the kill/etc.
While I'm quite aware that Raiden has speed amps over 10x, I've been debating with myself if speed should even be equalized in the first place given how Mertin is At least Sub-Rel to his initial MHS+, meaning that Mertin blitzes first before Raiden could even amp up his speed.

Back