• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A false coin, for a false king. Grace

Low 2-C Dmc2 dante Speed =

Devil trigger:

Fake king of hell:

Incon: 7

4426994-2766254-spawn becomes king of hell
"The King of Hell Has Returned!"

DMC2 - Dante
"It's not about loss... Strength is a choice. Fighting like hell to protect what's important. You threw away everything you ever had... No wonder you have no true power!"

his ap is above the baseline and his mind hax is able to contact from another universe and create an illusion of all hell, manipulate the senses of a spider unconsciously, makes Jason Wynn believe that his skin has been torn off and caught to satan and god in an illusion. https://m.imgur.com/a/ciX6P2p https://m.imgur.com/a/IBENqHg https://m.imgur.com/a/iqLiJd2 https://m.imgur.com/a/QvYhjS3 https://m.imgur.com/a/MZa6jqb most mind are illusions or telepathic. his soul **** is based mostly on the 6000 souls he has and can take out a demon that possesses a child. https://m.imgur.com/a/0ZkLIBP https://m.imgur.com/a/jbZXW0R

Uhh... this definitely seems like a stomp for Spawn.

Spawn has low-godly, so the only thing Dante can really do is seal (as far as I can see?)

And Spawn has some extremely overpowered abilities, such as specifically being able to completely nullify the powers of demons and creating black holes.

How would Dante win that?

Dante can deny his powers also because hellspawn are demons.

and the null power of spawn I think it only works on whole demons not on demon media other than that the dante time stop can affect spawn since it affects argosax who has his own passive time stop and is the fusion of multiple beings that resistant at time stop

Eh, fair enough. Even so, Dante has only 1 real win-con and Spawn is OP as all hell. It definitely seems like a stomp, unless I'm missing something.

Wait Dante's only win con is sealing and that makes it a stomp even though he has victories against people he can only win by sealing against?

Not what I meant. That in itself doesn't make it a stomp; Dante has been capable of winning in those matches due to being extremely superior/resistant in many other ways that also severely limits his opponent's win-cons. Spawn has absolute metric tons of abilities that can completely obliterate or even one-shot Dante due to not having resistance to them.

Actually, I think you're correct on this one. My bad. I was looking at the abilities for his later keys, like Existence Erasure. Spawn is still pretty damn powerful, and Dante can probably only seal, but this match might actually work.

It should probably be discussed whether the powernull works. Spawn's page states it works on demons, but "demon" has very different connotations in different media so it might not be applicable here. It might also make an impact that Dante is only half-demon.

Dunno if verse equalization can cover that, but Dante is only half demon anyway, so if Spawn's Power Null never affected half demons in his series then its effects on Dante are going to be based on speculation

Btw good to see you Mr. Grath

It's good to see you too! Been sick recently, reason for my inactivity.

So, let's try and figure this out. I made the mistake before of thinking that Spawn had a whole bunch of OP stuff, but if he's restricted to his abilities in just one key then this should actually be a reasonable match.

As mentioned before, Dante can't bypass Low-Godly without Sealing. Overall, he's not exactly prolific with sealing, but he's never faced anyone with Low-Godly regen before and he's not an idiot by any means either. I imagine he'd attempt to use it if he managed to survive long enough to:

1: Figure out that Spawn was a serious threat

2: Figure out that Spawn couldn't be killed by normal means

Given his character, I'd imagine he wouldn't use sealing before that point, but he'd almost certainly use it at that point.

Spawn's Death manipulation would likely be very deadly, though it's not exactly made clear on how it works. If anyone who knows more about Spawn is on this thread, I'd appreciate some clarification.

Spawn's abilities are largely not all too important or otherwise resisted by Dante, and it's not entirely clear how potent the abilities are or how likely it would be for Spawn to use them.

I don't know the exact scaling chain comparison here in AP, but I'd imagine Dante at least has a notable advantage.

Overall, I might go with inconclusive. Dante only having one win-con that he doesn't often use is quite detrimental. But Spawn's main abilities and moveset doesn't seem as though it would truly be very effectual against Dante, and assuming I'm correct about Dante having an AP/Durability advantage (I could be wrong, correct me if so) then Spawn would have a lot of trouble actually putting Dante down properly. It seems like it'd be a match of them both slapping eachother around fruitlessly until either Dante seals or Spawn overpowers.

Incon vote for me.

What about his soul manipulation? I might be wrong, but could it bypass low-godly? Because if i'm not, then we have 2 win-cons here.

Actually, I forgot about that. Theoretically, if Dante's soul manip was strong enough to actually destroy the soul, then Dante could bypass Low-Godly. I don't actually know the details though; it's a relatively new change and I haven't been involved in the discussion. Ask Dante Demon Killah about it.

DarkGrath said:
Actually, I forgot about that. Theoretically, if Dante's soul manip was strong enough to actually destroy the soul, then Dante could bypass Low-Godly. I don't actually know the details though; it's a relatively new change and I haven't been involved in the discussion. Ask Dante Demon Killah about it.
Yes Dante's Soul Manip would work. He was able to completely kill off Nightmare, Shadow, and Griffon who have Low-Godly regen, and did so specifically by destroying their souls.

Yeah, but actually it was accepted (I talked with some DMC supporters and they said it was accepted), so I believe we can use it and add to Dante's profile

DMC ability revisions have been getting complicated... XD

Back