• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Biker Punk Fights A Mutant (Shotaro Kaneda vs. A Deathclaw)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Shortly after the "Second Coming of Akira," Kaneda was driving his bike through the shattered remains of Neo Tokyo, when he noticed something in the distance. Something that didn't quite look human to him. Suddenly, the thing noticed him, and began to charge after him. Swearing under his breath, Kaneda revved up his bike and began to drive, pulling out the laser gun that he still had with him and readying to take it down.

In the blue corner, we have Shotaro Kaneda from Akira, and in the red corner, we have one of the Deathclaws from the Fallout franchise.

Deathclaw fo4
Kaneda bike2
-This is a fight to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed any outside help.

-This battle takes place in the outskirts of the remains of Neo Tokyo City, giving Kaneda the technical home-court advantage.

-This is against one of the more powerful Deathclaws, and Kaneda obviously has his laser gun and his bike.

-Speed is not equalized.

With all this being said, let the debate begin.

Kaneda: 4 (Jackythejack, Dargoo Faust, Keeweed, Xx.davidparra)

Deathclaw: 1 (Jamesthetaker)

Inconclusive: 0

Note: I have no idea why he would just have Peak Human speed on his profile when he's supposed to be riding his motorbike, so someone should fix that. If this isn't acceptable for this, I'll gladly equalize speed.

Patrolling the vs battles forums almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

I'd likely give it to Kaneda as he can likely keep a pretty good distance on that bike and fire back at the deathclaw May be able to keep up with him but would have a hard time continuously taking those attacks, especially if it get a leg crippled.

This is pretty much every Fallout new Vegas deathclaw fight. Run away and kit it before it stabs you to death. Kaneda for FRA

Huh. I completely forgot I made this one. And it's still valid, too. Thanks for bumping this back up.

Deathclaw goes invisible and rips him apart. Also, Deathclaws are a lot smarter than you're giving them credit for. If it notices chasing them isn't working then it will change it's tactics to try and destroy the Bike while invisible.

Also, Deathclaws can actually aim dodge laser weaponry in Fallout. Make of that what you will. Also, he's not outlasting the Deathclaw if his bike gets destroyed.

well deathclaws(at 9A level) consistently give truble to guys like the courier, sole surivor and the wonderer each of who are far more skilled then shotaro and smarter then him to boot and all three have consistent issue with taking out these mutated chamilions

not to mention the fact that all the deathclaw needs to do is hit shotaro once and thats it game over while the deathclaw it self can withstand multiple blasts from his rifle

and to give credit to shotaro he is smart and skilled... but he is no courier 6

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Deathclaw goes invisible and rips him apart. Also, Deathclaws are a lot smarter than you're giving them credit for. If it notices chasing them isn't working then it will change it's tactics to try and destroy the Bike while invisible.
Only a certain type of Deathclaw can go invisible and this is a random type of deathclaw according to the op. Yeah Deathclaws are smart but if this one can't turn invisible than its as easy to hit as the broadside of a barn.

Shotaro laser isn't compare to what Fallout laser weapons. Even a normal Deathclaw can easily tank multiple shoots from laser rifle or plasma grenade and still fine. This is kind of stomp consider that Deathclaw could no-sell to that laser gun Kaneda has. It took more than just one laser gun to even hurt a Deathclaw, let alone kills it.

I mean, one hit from Kaneda's laser nearly tore a hole in Tetsuo, and probably could've killed him easily if he didn't have such OP ESP.

I'll put you as a vote for the Deathclaw, though.

That ignores how Kaneda is on a motorcycle and thus can easily play keep away and repeatedly shoot the Deathclaw till it dies, and since the Deathclaw is so large it's an easy target.

So? The Deathclaw is pretty fast for it own, just see the video on the link. Even if Kaneda play "hit and run" tactic that not gonna work either because as i said above, even normal Deathclaw can tanked weapon like laser rifle and it couldn't do any shit. Not to mention, this is the strongest version of Deathclaw, who should be above them in term of literally everything.

Kaneda laser gun is like mosquito bite to them. At one point, eventually the Deathclaw will catches him on a glim of moment.

Motorbikes can drive for hours without running out of gas, Kaneda literally has over 5 hours to shoot the Deathclaw to death. If he really couldn't kill the Deathclaw in that amount of time then it's a stomp for the Deathclaw but I highly doubt the Deathclaw would survive over hundreds of attacks from Kaneda without eventually dying.

Edit: I'm also at work so I'll need to go soon, sorry for any inconvenience.

Actually, Tetsuo is Wall level in his Esper key, with Large Building to City level forcefields, according to his anime adaptation.

But actually, now that I look at Kaneda's profile again after all this time, his laser's power is not calculated. I think that should be done before this fight can continue, in case it changes things here.

Back