• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A battle of steel! Roronoa vs Gajeel Redfox

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesnt mean he will cut gajeel that can take hits from books of zeref demons or after time skip fight natsu evenly in a 100 years quest
The Demons are vastly inferior to Zoro and good thing this isn't 100YQ Gajeel.
U saying it will cut gajeel steel something durable enough to tank country level attacks is kinda of an NLF.
Gajeel isn't country level LMAO.
I'm sure zoro will give it his all before he can cut the likes of BM or kaido, including breath of all things
He literally cut Kaido already.
Uhhmmm I'm sure the steels are
"I'm sure" isn't an argument.

We already see it working on incredibly durable material, such as steel, extremely thick pieces of metal, Kuzan's ice, and possibly Diamond. (Zoro stated to Daz Bones that cutting Diamonds isn't something he finds impressive after beating him. Mihawl could have also cleaved through Jozu if he was intending to cut Diamonds as opposed to flesh and ice. We also see how effective it is, as he can cut cleany through solid stone with virtually no momentum.

The rules are pretty much cut and clear, there isn't much to expand upon it other than "I just convey my will to my blade." and it allows Zoro to cut through the material (Without No Limit Fallacies ofc.)

Zoro doesn't need to utilize the durability negation aspects as he still has yet to utilize The Breath of All Things during the Time Skip aside from Fishman Island iirc. Also that doesn't even discredit his durability negation, Zoro doesn't need to utilize durability negation to cut flesh and bone as that's something he can already do. The Durability Negation is for harder material such as steel and such.

I don't recall Gajeel's steel being >> Normal steel in terms of it's density. Doesn't really matter tho since Mr 1's steel is >>> normal steel as well.

The Celestial's in Marvel who are like what, in the tier 4- 2 range? Yeah nobody in their right mind would argue that. It's also worth noting that Gajeel doesn't spam his iron scale mode as he's been stabbed and slashed multiple times in the series, something Zoro could capitalize on via his Prediction and Kenbunshoku Haki.
About the first part, how much is merit of Zoro's strength and how much due to the breath of all things? With not expanded I mean that it isn't something that has been carried over, like haki, or is consistently used by the characters or just applied as the explanation for some feats, you said it yourself that he hasn't used it after the time skip (and has it used it after the battle with Mr.1?).
And with using the dura neg on flesh I mean that he would dura neg on all kind of flesh, regardless of how though it is, but he's not going around effortlessy cutting through everything and everyone just because he understands what flesh and other common materials are.
The thing is weird by itself, as cutting steel isn't very impressive, I think that even a 9-B character would do it, the impressive thing about the power would it be it's "I understand then I cut", as in that case steel or butter are the same. With this I mean that it's unlikely it works on someone or something more durable than him, but I also never said that Gajeel would no-sell the cuts, he would just take much less damage or would need more time to be wounded because of his dura + scales + resistance to metal.

And Gajeel's steel doesn't need to be more dense, it's fiction and in fiction any material can virtually achieve absurd level of durability, and Gajeel also has magic to back it up, which basically works as DB's ki, the more magic you have the more durable you are, as even Natsu coul crack Gajeel's armor by punching him once he regianed his full magic and stamina. Mr. 1 steel is indeed superior to normal steel, just like Gajeel's, but their dura is different. The whole point isn't about the steel itself, but the durability of the individual.
It's true that Gajeel doesn't always uses it, but he does quite often. He did it against Natsu, Torafuzar, Rogue and possibly in other instances, I think he would use it.
And again, Gajeel is nowhere going to absolutely tank Zoro's attacks, as I said, and would come out of the fight extremely worned out, but he would eventually win (the other reasons are in the previous post).

Also, I'm not sure this is a stomp, Gajeel isn't going to be 7x more durable, I think, and resistance doesn't count as durability.

Don't mind me, just tallying the votes real quick

Gajeel: 7 (Me, NomsNoms, The_Eldritch_Snowcone, Cabbage291, SamanPatou, FluffyCreatureZ, Pain_to12)

Zoro: 1 (Rez)

Incon: 0

If I missed anyone just let me know.

Last edited:
About the first part, how much is merit of Zoro's strength and how much due to the breath of all things?
It has nothing to do with AP or durability, that much i can tell you for sure. Zoro during the start of the match when he had much more strength and energy was unable even Scratch Mr 1 no matter how hard he tried, notice how Zoro uses the same sword with about the same amount of force to NOT cut the leaves but cut clean through the rock since his will had augmented the capabilities of his sword. He then proceeds to cut steel yet he failed to do so when he had way more energy at the start of the fight indicating that his actual physical strength isn't what allowed him to do this.
With not expanded I mean that it isn't something that has been carried over, like haki, or is consistently used by the characters or just applied as the explanation for some feats, you said it yourself that he hasn't used it after the time skip (and has it used it after the battle with Mr.1?).
I actually made a mistake there since Zoro post time skip utilizes this concept left and right after the Time Skip such as in Fishman island (Again with much thicker steel.), with the Punk Hazzard Dragon who had extremely hard skin. After the Mr 1 fight Zoro can utilize the durability negation for cutting things that are denser.
And with using the dura neg on flesh I mean that he would dura neg on all kind of flesh, regardless of how though it is, but he's not going around effortlessy cutting through everything and everyone just because he understands what flesh and other common materials are.
He doesn't need durability negation to cut flesh, his flesh feats are a result of how sharp his blades are. His Durability Negation is accustomed to material's that you can't cut with just a sword or AP, his is used against steel and things that aren't easy to cut like skin.
The thing is weird by itself, as cutting steel isn't very impressive, I think that even a 9-B character would do it, the impressive thing about the power would it be it's "I understand then I cut", as in that case steel or butter are the same. With this I mean that it's unlikely it works on someone or something more durable than him,
Well no, a 9-B character wouldn't be able to do that as they'd be busting the material as opposed to cutting through it smoothly with no jagged edges. Also a 9-B isn't going to cut through a 7-C+'s steel that's already stronger than normal steel, and what do you mean? Daz Bones was significantly more durable than Zoro and Zoro was able to dice him up just fine. His Durability Negation absolutely works on those more durable than him, just not by tremendous amounts, that's the point of his durability negation after all.
but I also never said that Gajeel would no-sell the cuts, he would just take much less damage or would need more time to be wounded because of his dura + scales + resistance to metal.
His dura is nice, and his scales aren't something that he spams from the Get-go which could be bad news bears against Zoro who usually goes for the kill in character. Mr 1 also has a resistance to metal, and Zoro cleaved through him after getting the hang of the ability.
And Gajeel's steel doesn't need to be more dense, it's fiction and in fiction any material can virtually achieve absurd level of durability,
It being fiction can only be used as an argument to a certain point, his steel obviously isn't going to be as dense as let's say Diamonds, Steel is inherently softer than diamonds so Gajeel's wouldn't be any different. Not that durability matters as i showed above.
and Gajeel also has magic to back it up, which basically works as DB's ki, the more magic you have the more durable you are, as even Natsu coul crack Gajeel's armor by punching him once he regianed his full magic and stamina. Mr. 1 steel is indeed superior to normal steel, just like Gajeel's, but their dura is different.
Natsu was also boosted by his rage and emotions at the time so that's circumstantial. And i don't recall More Magic = More durability, Post Second Origin just allows the user to access stronger and more powerful spells, which doesn't speak volumes for physical durability. Their dura is irrelevant, a fresh Zoro with lots more strength and energy was unable to even damage Mr 1 who's durability greatly outdid Zoro's own durability and attack potency. Mr 1 clapped Zoro left and right and almost killed him, at this point Zoro had no strength left as he was in a dying state so Zoro's own strength was irrelevant at this point and its been established that strength doesn't allow you to cut cleanly through steel.
The whole point isn't about the steel itself, but the durability of the individual.
Durability negation covers that.
It's true that Gajeel doesn't always uses it, but he does quite often. He did it against Natsu, Torafuzar, Rogue and possibly in other instances, I think he would use it.
I also agree that he would use it but I disagree with the notion of him using it right off the bat.
And again, Gajeel is nowhere going to absolutely tank Zoro's attacks, as I said, and would come out of the fight extremely worned out, but he would eventually win (the other reasons are in the previous post).
Fair.

The Demons are vastly inferior to Zoro and good thing this isn't 100YQ Gajeel.
Rogue and sting are inferior to zoro??
Gajeel isn't country level LMAO.
Lol depends on the gajeel
He literally cut Kaido already.
Yes with enma, my point was that you are making zoro breath seem like it can cut anything
"I'm sure" isn't an argument.
Gajeel can take hits from dragon force rogue in base, are you saying rogue is can't destroy steel or rocks I mean rogue is at least ML level

@LordGinSama zoro has been cutting steel/iron even before he met mr1 the reason be could not cut mr1 is cause of mr1 durability.
Zoro never cut steel before Mr 1, no it couldn't have been his durability since Zoro had no strength behind his blows at this point and had no momentum to utilize to cut down Mr 1.
Rogue and sting are inferior to zoro??
Sting and Rogue as of Tartarus? Yeah absolutely, they only become stronger than Zoro in their High 7-A and 6-C keys, neither of which have fought Gajeel.
Lol depends on the gajeel
Irrelevant as this is high 7-A, I don't know maybe look at the OP before commenting??
Yes with enma, my point was that you are making zoro breath seem like it can cut anything
Which is irrelevant as Enma requires the user to utilize its power and its strength is derivative of the user Haki and strength. And nice Strawman Fallacy, never once said he can cut anything so don't @ me.
Gajeel can take hits from dragon force rogue in base, are you saying rogue is can't destroy steel or rocks I mean rogue is at least ML level
Irrelevant as Gajeel didn't catch hands with High 7-A Rogue. Never said Rogue can't break rocks or steel either, cutting cleaning through them is a different story entirely.

What is this lmao, why do u keep neglecting gajeel durability?? Idg do you think his steel is normal steel? Lol steel that can take attacks from dragon force rogue and people way stronger than sting and rogue. Base gajeel fought natsu to a stalemate (although he admitted he lost) but they were pretty even.

Zoro is not cutting gajeel and gajeel is one shotting
Yeah. Zoro is strong but Gajeel is almost invulnerable in this case as haki imbued swords are just stronk swords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back