• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A battle of Kings: Luffy vs Asta

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
I disagree with the previous result. Nobody seemed to care that Asta held the AP advantage when they voted for inconclusive.

That and the fact that Enel's feat was downgraded so this needs a redone.

Asta vs Luffy

BoS Asta vs Skypiea Luffy.

Speed equalized.

Asta Black Clover
One piece luffy

Hmm, let's see:

In terms of AP, Luffy is in the lead with 35 Kilotons compared to Asta who has 19 Kilotons. Though it is not that high of a difference.

i heard that Asta's sword is actually blunt iirc (if I'm wrong, let me know), so Asta's attacks won't do much against Luffy's Blunt Force Resistance,

Most of Asta's shitck is useful against magic opponents which Luffy does not, which really hamper Asta's versatility.

Though, Asta does have Precognition with his Ki Sensing and apparently Instinctive Reaction so he is very much likely to dodge Luffy's attacks easily. Luffy in this key has fought with Enel who like to uses his own Precognition all the times and Luffy was able to adapt and come up with unique and strange countermeasures to deal with it after noticing that Enel couldn't sense his attacks when he shut off his brain. I don't know how effective this would be against Black Clover's version but Luffy could always try to adapt.

Anyways, if Asta's sword really is blunt, then the chances of him hurting Luffy would be very hard, especially so when he is the weaker one of the two

Honestly, pretty much Asta for all the reasons last time

Even though it was leaning towards Incon previously that was before people took the AP gap into mind, and now it's slightly bigger since Luffy got downgraded

This is 7-C not 7-C+ version.

I'm not so fanboy to let this pass as inconclusive when I know Luffy'd lose, but I'm too fanboy to put Luffy against a 3x stronger opponent

Can't see the difference between them

@Schnee but I still put Luffy against someone with 7-C+ Durability. Probably in the 90ish KT as well.

I've read about 15 chapters of BC so far I haven't seen what Asta can really do against Luffy's fighting skills. I can only see him taking advantage by summoning his sword and cut the rubber boi with a surprise attack

Doesn't BoS cover everything untill the Black Asta thing? Which is like 100 chapters into the series? 15 is nothing.

>15 chapters

Y'know, Asta did barely anything in those chapters besides escaping from giant boars and associating with his lads.

Asta's bigger sword (Demon-Slayer) is blunt but the other one (Demon-Dewller) isn't.

Depending on how strong his opponent is, he will more likely start with one sword or with two at the same time. Assuming he starts with Demon Slayer, he will quickly notice that his sword won't do anything due to being blunt, to heavy and against someone who doesn't use magic so he will use Demon-Dweller instead

I haven't judged the battle yet, I'm reading more chapters to see if I can argue better here (Wait, Asta can attack with water? Because he did it against Mars and if he can this will be very useful here).

He is able to take other's magic attributes, what you're reading is him using Noelle Silva's water magic.

Also is Luffy only weak against sea water or water in general?

luffy cant swim and loses his powers while in water if i recall correctly, and asta can only use other magic attributes when other people are around and even then he can only use the attributes of those close (as in freinds family etc.) to him (i think.)

Eh, I shall place my vote on the rubber boi in the other corner. Luffy has the higher AP of the two. Has a much higher Lifting Strength so he can easily pinned down Asta or toss him around. While Asta does have Analytical Prediction, it not like Luffy won't try and adapt/find out a way to deal with it like he did with Enel.

Asta does have Accelerated Development to surpass his limit and become stronger, but Luffy also has Accelerated Development and can grow stronger during battle and the more motivated he gets, the stronger he become. And he also has Rage Power to boost his strength if needed.

Idk honestly, Luffy has the AP but Asta has the Dura, and they both can increase their strength. Luffy already dealt with precog but iirc Asta's precog is different than Enel's as it doesn't just see in the future but read Luffy's vital energy to know his next move.

Voting inconclusive

Let me see if I got it. Asta has 7-C+ dura for whistand hits from a Low 7-B?

Asta can't harm Luffy either and his powers are useless against him. Luffy holds stamina, experience, LS and range. He is more durable in a prolonged fight so yeah, Luffy takes this for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back