• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-C Shapeshifting Aliens (Among Us Imposter vs. Spore Creature)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Spore Creature doesn't have shapeshifting, the title refers to its ability to evolve and change body parts. The Imposter, however, is stated to be a shapeshifting alien. Odd comparisons aside, I think this will be an interesting 9-C match.

Creature (Spore): In the Creature Stage, is level 5 in all stats except social (to an extent) due to having the most optimal body parts, and is an omnivore. Its ability is Raging Roar (completed Cell Stage as a carnivore, but held onto a Filter Mouth during Creature Stage to remain an omnivore). Has a pack of three, making four creatures in total.

Impostor (Among Us): Starts off with the appearance of a Crewmate, but keep in mind it can change appearance due to shapeshifting. There are three of them among us.

Setting: Polus. I'm giving the Imposters the (relative) home field advantage to make up for being slightly outnumbered and so they can make use of sabotaging. The Imposters and the Creatures start off on opposite ends of the map.

Wincon: Death, incap, or BFR (though I don't think these opponents are capable of BFR). My reason for specifying this is because the Imposters are still a threat after death since they can still sabotage as ghosts. However, with this wincon, the Creatures win if they can kill all the Imposters, even if the Imposters are still dangerous as ghosts.

Imposters: 7 (Da_Lunge_Fish, Ican'tthinkof1goodname, Scourge_8, ShockingPsychic, Dusty_Raider, Psychomaster35, TheKillerYT)

Creatures: 0

Incon: 0

I'm still getting used to the new forum, forgive me if I make some formatting mistake.

Last edited:
From what i see the creatures are much stronger than the impostor and i am not sure if the sabotage of the impostor will help that much. I'll wait for more knowledgeable people before voting.

From what i see the creatures are much stronger than the impostor and i am not sure if the sabotage of the impostor will help that much. I'll wait for more knowledgeable people before voting.
There's no confirmation (to my knowledge) if the T1-T3 planets in Spore have oxygen in their atmospheres and if the Creatures need to breath it. If not, then sabotaging O2 might not help. However, sabotaging Reactor would supposedly kill the Creatures in a meltdown, and since they're roughly animalistic, they wouldn't know how to stop the meltdown. There's also the possibility that the Imposters can shapeshift to mimic the Creatures like they would the Crewmates.

Still, this needs more input before we come to conclusions.

Last edited:
It’ll help cause ha can make an excesse of heat,cold,close doors and cut oxygen,the Impostor can resist this,but not the creature

I vote impostors mainly via sabotage. With it, the creatures will be completely blind, but impostors would be able to see them. Also, Impostors guns should actually be 9-B, as they can blow up crewmates' heads.

The Crewmates are 3’ tall and weigh very little, and in the Tutorial Images you see just a normal Bullet Hole. Don’t think any of thats 9-B

I pretty much agree with Da_Lunge_Fish,a skrull is the hardest bone the human has,even a small skrull would still be 9-B.I watched the tutorial image,and,after the cinematic,you can see the dead body of the crewmate without head.

What does the creature start out with?
The creature won't know its way around Polus, but once it discovers the Imposters after wandering around the map enough, its most likely combat strategy will be to use Sneak to become nearly invisible to surprise attack the Imposters. Sneak might not help since the Imposters have enhanced senses due to being able to see perfectly in the dark, though. Speaking of which, sabotaging Electrical might not blind the creatures since, in the creature stage, for whatever reason, the player can still see just fine during nighttime. I'm not entirely sure if this is just gameplay mechanics, but it might be implied that Spore creatures can also see just fine in the dark. Regardless, once the creatures get close enough to the Imposters to use Charge, the whole pack will do so, and even if the Imposters do spot the creatures while they're using Sneak, they'll still charge anyway, and the Imposters can't avoid it since speed isn't equal (Imposters' average human vs. Spore's peak human which is higher with Sprint and Charge, Imposters' subsonic only applies to venting), really the only defense they have against this are their guns, knives, and pointy tongues. Although the profile doesn't have paralysis inducement, you can still see in gameplay that when you successfully charge at an enemy, they get stunned, clearly dazed from being charged at, and I don't see why this wouldn't work against the Imposters. Anyway, once they use Charge to get into melee range, they will try to blitz the Imposters with Bite, Scratch, and Spit while they're still stunned. When these four attacks are level 5, they can rip 9-Cs to shreds in only a few seconds.

But there's a catch. I don't think this is a stomp in the creatures' favor because the Imposters are far more intelligent, have the home field advantage, and I don't see the creatures surviving a meltdown if Reactor is sabotaged, though maybe it's possible. The Imposters have a map system that lets them see where the crewmates are at all times, and this might also work on the creatures, whereas the creatures don't know where the Imposters are in this unfamiliar territory. The Imposters can take advantage of this to avoid a direct confrontation and let Reactor take care of the creatures instead. In case Reactor somehow doesn't kill the creatures, the Imposters could still possibly take care of things with their guns, since you guys are arguing that the guns might actually be 9-B instead and thus would one-shot the creatures, though it would be hard with the Imposters being outnumbered. Even if we assume the guns aren't 9-B and instead 9-C, they would still be very helpful as the shot is transonic and thus the creatures can't dodge it. And if all else fails, keep in mind that the Imposters are shapeshifters and are capable of appearance mimicry. They could mimic the appearance of the creatures to fall inline with the pack and possibly backstab them. The reason I think this would work is that the Imposters could do the exact same thing against the crewmates, and the crewmates are intelligent spacefaring humans whereas the creatures are only animalistic, it's more than possible that the Imposters could trick them with this.

tl;dr, in a direct fight confrontation, creatures likely win with mostly superior combat abilities, however, the Imposters can use their intelligence and homefield advantage to avoid a direct confrontation and kill off the creatures through other means such as sabotaging. Both parties have their wincons, choose wisely.

The creature won't know its way around Polus, but once it discovers the Imposters after wandering around the map enough, its most likely combat strategy will be to use Sneak to become nearly invisible to surprise attack the Imposters. Sneak might not help since the Imposters have enhanced senses due to being able to see perfectly in the dark, though. Speaking of which, sabotaging Electrical might not blind the creatures since, in the creature stage, for whatever reason, the player can still see just fine during nighttime. I'm not entirely sure if this is just gameplay mechanics, but it might be implied that Spore creatures can also see just fine in the dark. Regardless, once the creatures get close enough to the Imposters to use Charge, the whole pack will do so, and even if the Imposters do spot the creatures while they're using Sneak, they'll still charge anyway, and the Imposters can't avoid it since speed isn't equal (Imposters' average human vs. Spore's peak human which is higher with Sprint and Charge, Imposters' subsonic only applies to venting), really the only defense they have against this are their guns, knives, and pointy tongues. Although the profile doesn't have paralysis inducement, you can still see in gameplay that when you successfully charge at an enemy, they get stunned, clearly dazed from being charged at, and I don't see why this wouldn't work against the Imposters. Anyway, once they use Charge to get into melee range, they will try to blitz the Imposters with Bite, Scratch, and Spit while they're still stunned. When these four attacks are level 5, they can rip 9-Cs to shreds in only a few seconds.

But there's a catch. I don't think this is a stomp in the creatures' favor because the Imposters are far more intelligent, have the home field advantage, and I don't see the creatures surviving a meltdown if Reactor is sabotaged, though maybe it's possible. The Imposters have a map system that lets them see where the crewmates are at all times, and this might also work on the creatures, whereas the creatures don't know where the Imposters are in this unfamiliar territory. The Imposters can take advantage of this to avoid a direct confrontation and let Reactor take care of the creatures instead. In case Reactor somehow doesn't kill the creatures, the Imposters could still possibly take care of things with their guns, since you guys are arguing that the guns might actually be 9-B instead and thus would one-shot the creatures, though it would be hard with the Imposters being outnumbered. Even if we assume the guns aren't 9-B and instead 9-C, they would still be very helpful as the shot is transonic and thus the creatures can't dodge it. And if all else fails, keep in mind that the Imposters are shapeshifters and are capable of appearance mimicry. They could mimic the appearance of the creatures to fall inline with the pack and possibly backstab them. The reason I think this would work is that the Imposters could do the exact same thing against the crewmates, and the crewmates are intelligent spacefaring humans whereas the creatures are only animalistic, it's more than possible that the Imposters could trick them with this.

tl;dr, in a direct fight confrontation, creatures likely win with mostly superior combat abilities, however, the Imposters can use their intelligence and homefield advantage to avoid a direct confrontation and kill off the creatures through other means such as sabotaging. Both parties have their wincons, choose wisely.
I vote impostors for one reason. Impostors don't like direct confrontation, they don't directly attack even far weaker crewmates. In this situation, sabotage gives the impostors a huge advantage. Yes, creatures could likely just rush down and kill the Impostors, but it's not in character for them. And by the time they realize, it will be too late.

And them being subsonic only via venting just makes no sense. Do you imply they're teleporting? They also move FTE in Crewmates's perspective.

Yes, creatures could likely just rush down and kill the Impostors, but it's not in character for them.
No, it's actually in character for them to do that. I implied in the OP that they're doing a predator route (I said they finished Cell Stage as a carnivore and thus have the Raging Roar ability, and they're level 5 in all combat stats). Predator creatures, even if they're omnivores, have no inhibitions with killing other creatures, because that's just how they live. And SBA plus the wincons I specified places the creatures in the state of mind that they need to kill the Imposters to survive. Even for non-predator creatures, they'll still fight back if their life depends on it, and SBA is that the opponents are willing to kill even if it's not in character. That should be a nonfactor given that it's absolutely in character for the Imposters and any predatory Spore creature to kill.

This creautre key does not have mind hax right?
With Siren Song, you have mind manip in the creature stage, but I specified these are predator route creatures and thus have Raging Roar and not Siren Song. Raging Roar is similar in that it's fear manip that makes it harder for the opponents to fight back.

And how should the speed you vent be different from movement speed?
When you move through the vents, the camera quickly pans across the map to each entrance/exit. The Imposters don't seem to move nearly as fast when outside of the vents. However, now that I think about it, when moving outside of the vents, they could just be intentionally moving slower than their top speed in order to mimic the crewmates' slower top speed.

I feel like a ******* idiot...

When you move through the vents, the camera quickly pans across the map to each entrance/exit. The Imposters don't seem to move nearly as fast when outside of the vents. However, now that I think about it, when moving outside of the vents, they could just be intentionally moving slower than their top speed in order to mimic the crewmates' slower top speed.

I feel like a ******* idiot...
And that was a blatant example of game mechanics.

Why does this Matchup work?
I got the idea from how they're both 9-C alien predators. I explained in an earlier reply why I think both sides have their wincons.

One of the main reasons I make versus threads is when I'm not entirely sure which of two characters wins, so I let people vote on it incase they bring up points I didn't consider about the matchup.

You may try to do so, but it wouldnt be too long until the verse gets upgraded to Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back