• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-C+ Bone Breaking Tournament. Round 1 Match 6. Catwoman vs Kino

How experienced is this version of Catwoman? I know Kino has been travelling for a couple years.

Kino is quite smart and has a quick mind, but Cat can physically move faster, surface scale and do acrobatics stunts, which I don't recall being a common thing in Kino's Journey.
Cat can react to pistol bullets, though Kino's rifle would shoot bullets much faster than that. On one hand, Cat might be unable to react to gunfire of that speed, but on the other hand, Kino using the rifle would hinder her mobility which Cat can take advantage of.

I'm leaning towards Catwoman for now, but I'd like to see more input.

How experienced is this version of Catwoman? I know Kino has been travelling for a couple years.

Kino is quite smart and has a quick mind, but Cat can physically move faster, surface scale and do acrobatics stunts, which I don't recall being a common thing in Kino's Journey.
Cat can react to pistol bullets, though Kino's rifle would shoot bullets much faster than that. On one hand, Cat might be unable to react to gunfire of that speed, but on the other hand, Kino using the rifle would hinder her mobility which Cat can take advantage of.

I'm leaning towards Catwoman for now, but I'd like to see more input.
Speed is equalized so a lot of what you just said is moot. Starting distance is ten meters and Kino's been shown to be pretty agile and quick on the draw. Even if speed wasn't equalized, Kino has been shown to be able to react to and intercept a bullet timer so Cat moving faster is still, again, moot.

Kino has faced trained assassins, some weird lady with explosives and an experienced army man with a flamethrower. The tournament arc gives Kino some pretty crazy combat experience lol.

Ultimately, if SBA is taken into account, they fight in Central Park. There's not as many surfaces to "scale" or a lot of areas to do acrobatic stunts, and even then, again, Kino has shown to be able to react quickly to others who move particularly fast.

Overall, I think Kino takes this due to the superior arsenal that they boast and the other experienced combatants that they've fought during their time, which likely have more if not equal skill to Catwoman, and the fact that Kino is particularly clever in using the environment to their advantage, and is capable of incapacitating enemies with ease after a bit of thought.

Speed is equalized so a lot of what you just said is moot
Versus Thread Rules: "The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc."

Oh, sorry. My point is that combat speed is equalized, yes, but movement speed isn't. And it seems Catwoman is quite faster on her feet than Kino, which is an advantage for her. Combined will all the trees she can climb on or use to hide if needed, and her agility, she's not an easy opponent to take down.
I did watch Kino's Journey and what she did in the tournament she was in, and she's undoubtedly very skilled. She also has impecable accuracy with her guns like she shot down rockets with a sniper rifle. However, in her duel with Shizu, his movement speed was too fast for Kino to properly react to.

Uh, no, Shizu wasn't too fast. It was pretty clear that they were comparable in speed. If I'm thinking of the right guy, Shizu can block close range bullets with his sword, and Kino has been shown to be able to do the same as long as they remain calm. They used this method in order to completely disarm Shizu.

On top of that, Kino was able to take down three armed criminals when they were distracted for just a moment (If you're referring to the like, 2003 anime which is what I've mainly watched and my main experiences with it). If Catwoman loses sight of Kino or gets caught off guard for even a moment, Kino should be able to capitalize on it and incapacitate her.

My vote is for Kino just due to the skill and accuracy that they boast, which I think is enough to take down Catwoman.

Uh, no, Shizu wasn't too fast. It was pretty clear that they were comparable in speed. If I'm thinking of the right guy, Shizu can block close range bullets with his sword, and Kino has been shown to be able to do the same as long as they remain calm. They used this method in order to completely disarm Shizu.
The reference I was using was this scene. On Shizu's first attack, he's clearly faster than her in terms of movement speed and he disarmed her by taking her by surprise. And Shizu wasn't trying to kill Kino, only force her to surrender. Sure, Kino later got the grasp of things, but if Shizu was fighting to kill, he would have severely wounded Kino at bare minimum, if not outright kill her.
My argument is that with Catwoman being faster on her feet than Kino, she can successfully claw Kino, at least on the first attack. And if she does, it will snowball from there, giving Catwoman momentum to kill her.

We are clearly working on completely different anime scenes here and that's a big issue lol.

This is what I'm referring to. Kino is at first, disarmed. Kino immediately after, though, is able to contend with multiple sword swings from Shizu, who dodges bullets earlier in this scene. Kino is able to literally just block sword strikes with their arms (presumably some kind of armor it's never really explained). Point is, they can keep up with someone like catwoman if they can keep up with someone like Shizu. they even does\\ the whole "disarm Shizu with a gun without firing a bullet" thing.

I don't think Catwoman is faster, and either way I don't think she's fast enough to take Kino by surprise, especially with speed equalized. Catwoman, also, has less range with her claws (hand vs a sword) and while her whip has more range it's less practical of a weapon with a lot of windup. Either way she's not taking Kino by surprise, especially when they start ten meters in front of each other. She's not going to make it to Kino before Kino just shoots her.

Back