• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B+ Tournament round 2, match 3 (The Harpists vs classic Fulgore) (0/7/0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been seen debate for both characters so here is my thought:

Fulgore is slightly stronger, both have higher attack but the Harpists seem to execute their easier. In term of durability, Fulgore ranged attack could dealt fatal blows to the duo if they got hit, laser and all kind of stuff, while he can probably took sound-based attack better than Tailor/Donut because of cyborg body, plus NPI count too?

Onto abilities part, Fulgore's attack relfection could probably use against sound-based? Teleportation is a good way to close distance since the Harpists mainly chooses ranged fight. On the other hand, the Harpists forcefield would send him back if he attempt to run up to them, although it likely won't able to reflect laser/lightning. Sound are semi-invisible so Fulgore should has difficult dodging them at first, on top that they can summon/created bunch of dead warriors to aid them as a last resort.

Not voting yet cause i want to see Saman opinion on this first.

Fulgore is slightly stronger, both have higher attack but the Harpists seem to execute their easier.
True, but Fulgore's laser would also just drop right on their head and kill at least one of them on the spot (it oneshots people comparable to Fulgore, so it should do the same to them). It's far from being a first-choice attack, but it's still there.

In term of durability, Fulgore ranged attack could dealt fatal blows to the duo if they got hit, laser and all kind of stuff, while he can probably took sound-based attack better than Tailor/Donut because of cyborg body, plus NPI count too?
The cyborg body may be more resistant to cutting attacks, but those swords aren't made of metal, so I don't know.

It should still be affected by their sound, which does damage more because of the impact, rather than because of the sound itself being loud.
I don't think Fulgore's NPI would work, ghosts and sound are different, but from the video on their profile, I see a character deflecting their sound swords with spears. This means they are somehow pseudo physical, right?

Onto abilities part, Fulgore's attack relfection could probably use against sound-based?
I think yes, in-game it can reflect fire, chi, electricity, ice, bones, bats and acid.
The Harpists' sound blades should be affected, also because the guy with the spear could do something similar.
I assume we don't know if they can reflect back their own sound attacks, right?

Teleportation is a good way to close distance since the Harpists mainly chooses ranged fight.
Fulgore could also teleport behind them and kill/badly wound them using its claws or lasers for a surprise attack.
They seem to be pretty confident once they use their harp, either sitting down focusing on the instrument, or just standing up while their colleague works, so they might be unable to react to being attacked from behind.
It gets even worse if Fulgore decides to go invisible.
And even if they manage to react and defend, they would have to rely on their physical abilities (the harp doesn't seem to be a melee weapon or too useful from close distance), and I'd say Fulgore is better in close combat, at least going off the profiles of both characters.

On the other hand, the Harpists forcefield would send him back if he attempt to run up to them, although it likely won't able to reflect laser/lightning. Sound are semi-invisible so Fulgore should has difficult dodging them at first, on top that they can summon/created bunch of dead warriors to aid them as a last resort.
The first bit is correct yes.
The sound shield may interfere with laser beams and projectiles, but if it doesn't, then they are much more exposed than Fulgore.
Lightning is useful only from close distance, since Chest Spark has poor range.
Yes, it wouldn't be easy for Fulgore to react and deal with them, but it would likely make it more prone to just go invisible, shoot back, teleport and reflect.
The dead warriors would surely be a problem, but funnily enough, one might even be reflect back, they don't look too different from Spinal's skull projectiles.
Still, it's a huge order that goes straight, Fulgore shouldn't have issues teleporting away.

Overall, I think Fulgore has more ways to win the fight.

True, but Fulgore's laser would also just drop right on their head and kill at least one of them on the spot (it oneshots people comparable to Fulgore, so it should do the same to them). It's far from being a first-choice attack, but it's still there.

The cyborg body may be more resistant to cutting attacks, but those swords aren't made of metal, so I don't know.

It should still be affected by their sound, which does damage more because of the impact, rather than because of the sound itself being loud.
I don't think Fulgore's NPI would work, ghosts and sound are different, but from the video on their profile, I see a character deflecting their sound swords with spears. This means they are somehow pseudo physical, right?

I think yes, in-game it can reflect fire, chi, electricity, ice, bones, bats and acid.
The Harpists' sound blades should be affected, also because the guy with the spear could do something similar.
I assume we don't know if they can reflect back their own sound attacks, right?

Fulgore could also teleport behind them and kill/badly wound them using its claws or lasers for a surprise attack.
They seem to be pretty confident once they use their harp, either sitting down focusing on the instrument, or just standing up while their colleague works, so they might be unable to react to being attacked from behind.
It gets even worse if Fulgore decides to go invisible.
And even if they manage to react and defend, they would have to rely on their physical abilities (the harp doesn't seem to be a melee weapon or too useful from close distance), and I'd say Fulgore is better in close combat, at least going off the profiles of both characters.

The first bit is correct yes.
The sound shield may interfere with laser beams and projectiles, but if it doesn't, then they are much more exposed than Fulgore.
Lightning is useful only from close distance, since Chest Spark has poor range.
Yes, it wouldn't be easy for Fulgore to react and deal with them, but it would likely make it more prone to just go invisible, shoot back, teleport and reflect.
The dead warriors would surely be a problem, but funnily enough, one might even be reflect back, they don't look too different from Spinal's skull projectiles.
Still, it's a huge order that goes straight, Fulgore shouldn't have issues teleporting away.

Overall, I think Fulgore has more ways to win the fight.
Yeah, their sound attack are somewhat physical given that Donut can pretty much counter it via his own spears. Anyway, Fulgore has more chance at winning so he got my vote FRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back