• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Anything-Goes Tournament, Round 7: King Neptune vs DemiMeramon

As per this thread here.

The Central Park May have taken much damage by now, but we’re not done yet. The fights must go on! Our two fighters are transported into the park by a mysterious force, ready to battle. On one side, we have the King of Bikini Bottom, his Magnificent Baldness, King Neptune! On the opposite of him lies an opponent, made from Fire(Walls), in a form that grounds it to Reality, Realize DemiMeramon! Only one man shall leave this park intact.
Who shall win?

As usual, 9-B Keys, nothing higher allowed. Complete SBA.

The King:
The Defense:

Last edited:
Ok so he could close the gap easily via invisibility, does Nep Nep have a way around that?
(Also I may have just realized Arkadimon got updated, can I replace him he may be unfair now?)

I mean, you can if you want. I honestly don’t see a change, he’s still 9-B and all that, the profile looks same.

Check on Digimon physiology. Arkadimon should count as dark and probably had NEP. As much as I dislike how we handle that, It will take a whole CRT to change. I don’t think NEP is allowed.
The replacement should be
DemiMeramon. he isn’t a dark boy so he should be strong yet balanced.

I’ve asked PsychoMaster, the person who submitted Neptune, to comment here. Otherwise, bump.

Since no one will respond, I took it upon myself to try and remember something. Iirc, in the movie, he started out with freezing Krabs solid. That’s all I’ve got though...

bump

King Neptune has the advantage. A lot of range + hax that can nullify Meramon's regen.
Meramon's only chance is his intangability protecting him from the trident (which is questionable) and his higher reaction speed.

How strong is his ice btw? DemiMeramon is made from the flames of the firewall which defends the entire multiverse and prevents entry. The flames of the Firewall burn hotter and are stronger than the Flames of Hell which are superior to normal flames like Blaze Blast which is as hot as the sun's surface. Only reason he is weak to Ice/Snow Digimon is due to them having cold powers superior to his heat. And even then, these Digimon are also weak to flame attacks. Plus Icy Snow mons tend to be like, Champion level which makes them simply far superior to him in power.

How strong is his ice btw? DemiMeramon is made from the flames of the firewall which defends the entire multiverse and prevents entry. The flames of the Firewall burn hotter and are stronger than the Flames of Hell which are superior to normal flames like Blaze Blast which is as hot as the sun's surface. Only reason he is weak to Ice/Snow Digimon is due to them having cold powers superior to his heat. And even then, these Digimon are also weak to flame attacks. Plus Icy Snow mons tend to be like, Champion level which makes them simply far superior to him in power.
Being created by the firewall doesn't mean that it scales to it. In the profile the scaling is 9-B.
Also, Neptune doesn't just have ice; he can potentially transform Demimeramon into something harmless.

Being created by the firewall doesn't mean that it scales to it. In the profile the scaling is 9-B.
Also, Neptune doesn't just have ice; he can potentially transform Demimeramon into something harmless.
Never said he scales to it tier wise, his flames are still as hot as it however. So I don't see how you got anything above 9-B when I was just noting how strong his flames were to go against freezing. That's the point I was getting at. So Ice wouldn't work. Heck, I even said why the ice-snow Digimon easily beat him via noting that they surpass him in power.

Define harmless as Digimon are resistant to getting their abilities nullified. Also, does he start with this? If he starts with other attacks, he'll soon find himself overwhelmed by multiple ememies who will be attacking him from all over the place. Not to mention that DemiMeramon's attack utterly blitz Neptune here as the MHS is for combat in general (This is my fault as I am inconsistent with putting Combat speed with Reactions). So while he won't be moving as fast toward Neptune, he'll still be attacking far faster than Neptune can hope to react.

Last edited:
Mind control isn’t working as he resists.

Will transmutation even work on DemiMeramon? He is made of a Digital Fire, has he even transmuted a being like him?
Also his fire will spread quickly given the setting is a park, and he can duplicate/regen from small chunks. He isn’t stricking all of those down.

He apparently transmuted Ash into Patrick (wasn’t even Ash, just sort of scorch marks) and Realize makes them less Digital I believe (May be wrong about that), so I don’t think it’d be too much of a stretch.

DemiMeramon's non-reaction speed is unknown, so it would be a highball to scale combat speed to reaction and consider it blitz speed.

Neptune has mind control, precise telekinesis, and transmutation that works on living beings.
Not really as his reaction speed would scale to combat speed as Baby Digimon can react and attack higher level predators in order to escape. And yes, it would be blitz speed as it is still Massively Hypersonic+ vs Like Superhuman at best. Mind Control is hard resisted, telekinesis I don't see being that useful as it won't kill and at best cause DemiMeramon to multiply. Transmutation is something he has to start with and literally nothing else, less he starts getting ganged up on. How does his transmutation work btw? Stressing that it works on living beings is kinda pointless as the default assumption is that it works on living beings.

EDIT: So I looked at the scans given and the are energy blast that transmutate. Something that DemiMeramon's MHS+ reactions would make easy to dodge. Or DemiMeramon can even counter it with an attack of his own, or distract Neptune with a bunch of smoke and get the drop on him. Also, has Neptune tanked anything as hot as DemiMeramon's fire before?

Last edited:
Then there should be a CRT to upgrade that Unknown to be equal to the MHS+ reaction speed, but for now that is a highball.
Neptune should be able to get through the reaction speed by imbolizing DemiMeramon via. telekinesis, which can precisely control a high amount of objects at once. If worse comes to worst, he can open a portal for BFR, and potentially directly teleport DemiMeramon far away.

Even if DemiMeramon's fire damaged Neptune, he has regeneration, and his magic can restore Patrick from ash.

Don't think there is sufficient Mind Manipulation resistance feat. The justification is that the wireframe needs to get bypassed before reaching the mind/soul in the digicore, but Dark Rings can mind control Digimon without breaking through their wireframe, and Neptune can mind control inorganic physiology just fine.

Then there should be a CRT to upgrade that Unknown to be equal to the MHS+ reaction speed, but for now that is a highball.
Neptune should be able to get through the reaction speed by imbolizing DemiMeramon via. telekinesis, which can precisely control a high amount of objects at once. If worse comes to worst, he can open a portal for BFR, and potentially directly teleport DemiMeramon far away.
Oh trust me I will. And it really isn't.
Even if DemiMeramon's fire damaged Neptune, he has regeneration, and his magic can restore Patrick from ash.
If he's damaged by multiple DemiMeramon, then he will be overwhelmed. His magic restoring Patrick from ash doesn't mean his natural regen is as powerful.
Don't think there is sufficient Mind Manipulation resistance feat. The justification is that the wireframe needs to get bypassed before reaching the mind/soul in the digicore, but Dark Rings can mind control Digimon without breaking through their wireframe, and Neptune can mind control inorganic physiology just fine.
Digimon naturally have 5-D Mind Resistance via having 5-D minds. Yes, because it is the Power of Darkness which blatantly bypasses the wireframe. That shows feats that certain Digimon or items in Digimon can bypass this wireframe. Neptune has no feats for this as he has nothing with the feats of Dark Rings. That's nice, DemiMeramon still has a 5-D resistance. This has been a thing for Digimon for ages. He's not getting mindhaxed.

Last edited:
Those are small wounds being healed.

More severe burns such as being swarmed by fire isn’t going to help.

Mind control is still resisted since the fire can regen and he can clone himself, so he ain’t getting past the wireframe.

I would like to note this is Realize DemiMeramon, which I believe is supposed to get rid of the higher-dimensional stuff. Not sure if it affects Resistances, but I would like to point this out in case it changes something.
That only effects his body. His Digicore (true form) is still a higher dimensional existence. It's just that his physical body is not higher dimensional.

It removes the aggressive hax but the soul stays the same.
All that functionality does is add two resistances though, is that a problem?

Hm.. that sounds a bit sketchy, but as long as he’s not being a Smurf he should still be fair game. Alright then, carry on for now.

Hm.. that sounds a bit sketchy, but as long as he’s not being a Smurf he should still be fair game. Alright then, carry on for now.
I don't see how it's sketchy when that is literally what realization is. Giving them physical bodies. Why would their Digicores, their true forms change? A Digimon is still defeated if that physical body is destroyed.

Only thing Realization does is make it so that the Digimon is able to effected in lower worlds. You don't need to destroy a Digimon's Mind or Soul to beat them. And the mind/soul shit with every hit is still something I disagree with and even if they were in their true states, they shouldn't have this, as even in verse that was never a thing Digimon had.

Regardless, until that thread is accepted, Neptune wins here via having a much more varied arsenal as of now.

I fail to see how he can deal with a whole horde of Demi Meramon, fire spreads quickly in a place like Central Park.
How will he hold down all the clones? They can also spam fire at him, causing more fire and by extension more boys.
He won’t have much time to decide a win-con before getting swarmed and deleted, especially since many of his better moves won’t work, such as mind hax, beams, freeze

I would find it quite hard to believe that the Gifted Sea God would not notice that everytime he hit this little living fireball, it multiplies.

Back