• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Anything-Goes Tournament, Round 6- The Springtrap vs The Courier

As per this thread here.

Our two warriors find themselves transported into the arena, which happens to be Central Park, New York. On one side, we have one of few survivors of a massive Fallout, Cyborg, and master of the profession with the same name as his own, The Courier. Across from him, there’s the Man who always comes back, Serial child murderer and Freddy Fazbear Employee, The Springtrap. As we all know, only one shall leave this park intact.
Who shall win?

Complete SBA. Tier is 9-B, Flaming Springtrap used, nothing that moves the characters past Tier 9-B is allowed.

The Courier:
The Springtrap:

Best thing it has is techno manip, but the courier absolutely demolishes with the incredible power of... guns.

I mean, Springtrap does have Illusions, Invisibility, the fact that it’s on fire, type 2 Immortality and the fact that Technology Manip against a Cyborg is, well, very useful.

It's type 2 doesn't help against being broken, it doesn't use invisibility in a head on attack, his illusions are blatant and don't hide him much at all, and his techno manip is not going to be useful against a cyborg due to its mechanics.

The Courier either uses his Bullshit Intelligence and Social Influencing to Force Springtrap to surrender like he did with Lanius, one of the most Bloodthirsy and Savage people in the Mojave, or he goes Sicko Mode with his 9-B Weaponry and Skill.

Either way, Springtrap is ****** unless he uses Invisibility and Illusions all at once to get Close Enough, but even then The Courier can go Invisible too and V.A.T.S is a thing so....

Giving it to the Courier. Stealth seems comparable, but the Courier is a lot more verastile with more fire power. Springtrap's technological manipulation looks weak enough that it would only cause minor inconvenience and brief glitches.

This matchup makes me sad because I nominated both of them and I knew if they somehow ended up fighting each other that Springtrap wouldn't have a Chance in hell unless he got beyond lucky. Also, Courier is going through Revisions too so he's getting even better shit.

The Courier either uses his Bullshit Intelligence and Social Influencing to Force Springtrap to surrender like he did with Lanius, one of the most Bloodthirsy and Savage people in the Mojave
The Courier didn't force Lanius to surrender. Every conversation path that tries to do that leads in Lanius fighting the Courier. You talk him down by exposing the various extreme issues with attacking the NCR or stretching the Legion over such a massive area with no local defenses.

Also Springtrap isn't one to really talk about stuff like that. However, the Courier wins due to significantly superior gear. Like there's nothing Springtrap can do against a Gauss Rifle or Power Fist.

The Courier didn't force Lanius to surrender. Every conversation path that tries to do that leads in Lanius fighting the Courier. You talk him down by exposing the various extreme issues with attacking the NCR or stretching the Legion over such a massive area with no local defenses.

Also Springtrap isn't one to really talk about stuff like that. However, the Courier wins due to significantly superior gear. Like there's nothing Springtrap can do against a Gauss Rifle or Power Fist.
You know what I was going for though, he still managed to talk down the most bloodthirsty ************ in New Vegas. And it's not like Springtrap is a mindless beast now, he's still just as intelligent as before so I really doubt he'll be stupid enough to actively try to eat Gunfire or a Power Fist to the face from someone dressed up in Heavily Reinforced Riot Armor.

You know what I was going for though, he still managed to talk down the most bloodthirsty ************ in New Vegas.
The key thing there though, was that Lanius despite being a brute followed logic and logistics. He's brutal but not insane, which is what the Courier exploited. I'm not seeing Springtrap being talked down since it just doesn't talk.
And it's not like Springtrap is a mindless beast now, he's still just as intelligent as before so I really doubt he'll be stupid enough to actively try to eat Gunfire or a Power Fist to the face from someone dressed up in Heavily Reinforced Riot Armor.
He is smart, but so is the Courier. Springtrap being on fire against a person with Stealth Boys and weapons capable of heavily damaging it is just in the Courier's favor imo.

I know. I think The Courier stomps his shit in. That's what I was getting at. His best chance at survival is to just take the L from someone who might be willing to talk things out after getting pressured by the sheer amount of weaponry he has, not to mention his own Invisibility.

Back