• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Anything Goes Tournament, Round 4: Sam Strand vs Brad Armstrong

As per this thread here.

Our warriors appear, fully ready to battle, in the Central Park of New York, guided by some higher power. On the left, there’s the ex-courier, and anti-matter Zombie Slayer, Sam Strand. On the right, Professional Nobody and Master Warrior, Brad Armstrong. They both know what must happen now. One must fall, and only one person here is leaving the Park intact.
Who shall win?

As usual, tier 9-B. Complete SBA, which means speed’s unequal and all that. Nothing that would make you higher than 9-B is allowed.

Brad Armstrong: 0
Sam Strand: 0

Last edited:
Strand easily slaps her, doesn't he? Resurrection, alternate selves helping, radioactive shots... he easily has an advantage by just shooting on and killing Armstrong.

Not taking a side here, but I’d like to mention that Strand doesn’t have a Calc for his ap, but Brad is apparently 12,760.00 joules.

True, though Strand could negate his durability and has resurrection on his side, so for now I'll vote for him.

Strands Durability Negation is only for Dead Things/Beached Things, if I’m reading the profile correctly. Vote counted, however.

Strands Durability Negation is only for Dead Things/Beached Things, if I’m reading the profile correctly. Vote counted, however.
I meant the radioactive shots that cause madness and are lethal in high doses: Carries a large amount of chiralium and can fire chiral bullets, which causes madness and even death to normal people with overexposure

Surprisingly, both have Class 5 as well, so he could also use sticky gun to impede Armstrong's movement.

12,760 J is Street Level and lower than 9-B. Sam has a bunch of common 9-B feats in gameplay, such as beheading skeletal warriors, surviving anti-tank missiles and missiles from a light attack helicopter, and surviving a 30 m fall. Armstrong apparently gets his Wall level+ from surviving a speeding truck.

It is implied that the effects of being exposed to Chiralium radiation takes hours or days, but I am guessing having a chirallium bullet inside the body makes the effects appear much faster.

Chiral contamination is the result of prolonged exposure to chiral radiation, which is emitted by chiralium, a substance discovered at the same time as the Beach. Prolonged exposure can significantly impact physical and mental health.

The effects are not dissimilar from those observed in individuals exposed to extremely high levels of stress—levels which can be fatal, even. Such traumatic experiences can alter hormonal secretions, impair immune response, contribute to heart failure, and induce strokes. The most common symptom of chiral contamination is poor sleep quality due to vivid nightmares. If left unchecked, however, it can quickly progress a more advanced stage in which the aforementioned issues may be observed. The potential impact on an individual's mental health cannot be understated. The resulting hormonal imbalances frequently lead to heightened destructive impulses towards the self and others. Those dominated by such urges are named Homo demens—the mad ones. In the case of some porters, such as MULEs, impaired memory and judgment has led them to develop an irrational obsession with their profession, hence the Homo gestalt moniker.

While it should be feasible and preferable for most individuals to avoid chiral contamination at all costs, there are those with a demonstrated resistance who need not be so cautious. I speak, of course, of DOOMS sufferers.

Truth is, we discovered it by dumb luck. Folks had made a point of building cities outside of timefall regions, but the waystations and the distro centers were a different story. No way around it, really, even through all that exposure meant they'd deteriorate quicker. But when you're keeping an eye out for things deteriorating, you soon notice how chiralium crystals react when exposed to timefall—which is to say, not at all.

They showed no signs of degradation whatsoever. Stayed rock-solid, even after getting soaked. It sorta made sense—chiralium comes from the Beach, right? And over there, time doesn't pass. Timefall had no effect on the crystals because they may as well exist outside of time. And when we ran a few experiments, that's pretty much what we confirmed.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Why not build waystations out of chiralium, right? Yeah, if only. Turns out overexposure to that stuff is lethal—and it can't be stored in large quantities either. Still, at least the chiralium coatings we came up with do just enough to keep the rot manageable. That's something.

Bard doesn't have a win condition. If Sam is killed he will return to life a few minutes later, and if his body is destroyed he will gain a new body. Sam also has the range advantage and stealth skills to pick Armstrong off, alongside electricity and poison attacks. Sams from different worlds can join in as well.

I doubt he'd manage to do that for enough time to win by incapacitation. Its surprisingly easy to kill people, especially with what seems to be a near thousand power difference.

Well, crap. Due to Armstrong not being 9-B in anything but name, I have gone ahead and replaced him with a different submission.

Isn't this basically a stomp? Brad never goes for the KO in character, and even if he realized it'd be really difficult for him due to the power difference.

Back