• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A+ Tournament Semifinals Match 1. Batman vs Tanya von Degurechaff

So what is Batman's strategy against a skilled flying opponent?

So what is Batman's strategy against a skilled flying opponent?
He has a grapple hook, his cape can be used to glide, and he has a ton of projectiles, some capable of exploding

The supporters can probably give a more in-depth explanation

Am on mobile rn but will say Arkham Batman has experience in fighting people who fly all the time like firefly and man bat so there's that

I don't remeber any hand to hand skill of Tenya in combat can anyone post scans. I'm almost certain Batman has superior martial art Tanya has regular soldier skills in hand to hand combat if there are no extraordinary showing scans.

I don't remeber any hand to hand skill of Tenya in combat can anyone post scans. I'm almost certain Batman has superior martial art Tanya has regular soldier skills in hand to hand combat if there are no extraordinary showing scans.
Can't post scans right now 'cause I am on the phone, but let me give some info on that.

First, it's IMO unlikely that close combat will even happen. Tanya consciously choses what her combat distance is based on what is most advantageous for her. Against an opponent that can't fly and has no proper air defense units? She's gonna bully them from high up like she did against the duchy of Dakia.

But let's say it happens. Tanya has on fitting occassions led her unit into close combat. And when doing so she was slaughtering opponents left and right just as much as she usually does. So she definitely is above the average soldier. In fact she defeated what could be considered the UKs most elite mage in relatively close combat.
All of that might still not sound impressive when up against Batman, but there are two factors to consider.
First, Tanya does flying close combat, which works different in a fashion that disarms Batman's combo based style a lot. It's more of a gathering of singular hits. The way a mage attacks in close combat usually is that they try to dive down at the opponent from above to gain a lot of extra speed and momentum from gravity. Then they strike the opponent once with their blade. For more is no time as their momentum immediately carries them away from the opponent again. Then they fly back up, loop around and repeat.
Second, Tanya is a mage. Aside from mage blade and close quarter gun use, she can use neural intereference spells on you when that close. Nasty stuff that makes fighting rather difficult.

Arkham Bats is greater in skill than Deathstroke who has decades of combat experience and is better than Talia's guards who can fodder a hundred foes. Also I checked their LS, Batman can just bat claw her as she tries to fly away and yank her down can't he assuming they both start on the ground? Cause if that is the case its class 5 vs superhuman. Also getting into cqc is a bad idea considering Bats often snaps his opponents limbs/chokes them out and disarms them via his LS.

Question here can her ESP pick up someone without magic like Bats?

Arkham Bats is greater in skill than Deathstroke who has decades of combat experience and is better than Talia's guards who can fodder a hundred foes. Also I checked their LS, Batman can just bat claw her as she tries to fly away and yank her down can't he assuming they both start on the ground? Cause if that is the case its class 5 vs superhuman. Also getting into cqc is a bad idea considering Bats often snaps his opponents limbs/chokes them out and disarms them via his LS.

Question here can her ESP pick up someone without magic like Bats?
With ESP wouldn't sense Batman. Although she can put up spell displays that mark and track enemies and calculate stochastic evasion patterns IIRC.

Foderizing a hundred foes is always kinda questionable of a feat. Tanya and her unit defeated a 20k strong vanguard of a 600k strong army, because those guys just were useless. And Tanya defeats professional soldiers on a regular basis, including, as mentioned, the UKs best mage. Those would have decades of experience as well.

Breaking limbs is also an AP issue, I'm pretty sure. That aside, catching her before she starts flying is unlikely, cause she does that immediately and there is 10m starting distance. Additionally, Tanya's durability comes entirely from passive forcefields, so you can't really grab her directly.

If she can't be grabbed directly then I can't think of a viable win con for Bats if he can't even land a blow or grab her then

If she can't be grabbed directly then I can't think of a viable win con for Bats if he can't even land a blow or grab her then
They are in central park which means a lot of trees and buildings. He can probably grapple onto one of them and glide his way to his opponent

I mean iirc we can put a limit on flying height from that time I was at Majima vs Green Goblin, but either way if Bats can't tag/grab her period he's doing jack shit here

Eh even then if she just has barriers that prevent Bats from batclawing/grabbing her then there's really not much he can do there. Now that I think on it though Bats should have pain manip resist, the guy goes through Arkham City first by going through electric torture and moving about without any damage and goes through the whole game being poisoned and stuff. Even then all the stuff he goes through should just grant him that by default lol

To randomly step in for the strategies against a skilled flying opponent, he'd try to predict what the opponent will do and dodge for starters, then look for an opening to grapple gun them close, like when he fought Firefly in Arkham Origins, an opponent who consistently attacks with explosions and fire. Batman was even strong enough to stop him from flying away, pulling him closer, at that.

Batman has decent experience, especially with opponents who fly, seeing how Firefly fought.

In Origins he relied on finding openings and throwing a Batarang to stun the opponent, allowing him to grapple gun them down to his level.

In Knight he'll rely on the Batmobile, since Firefly's way too fast.

As for the diving to attack with a blade? That's Arkham Origins Deathstroke boss territory, someone who attacked rapidly with his own blade, so I believe Batman has experience in that too, he can counter blades by blocking with his gauntlets. There's also Ra's al Ghul in Arkham City, so the supernatural isn't out of the question for experience.

If he can't attack her directly, he'll try to figure out something, try to watch for an opening, a lot like the Arkham Asylum Ivy boss fight, she occasionally exposed herself to a Batarang attack which allowed Batman to harm her enough to use Explosive Gel to finish the job.

Her durability is Street Level, so if Batsy finds an opening, he virtually one-shots, but to do that, he has to find a way past her forcefield, probably by consistently keeping his eyes open.

I believe you should limit the height so Batman can find that opening and attack, after all, Batman's grapple gun cannot reach that far.

Last edited:
Back