• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(8-C Tournament R1 M6) Kamen Rider Hibiki vs Kazuma Kiryu (0-4)

Alright

Hibiki holds an AP advantage, regeneration advantage, and I suppose you could say that compared to Kiryu, he's faced some more bombastic foes. The Tattered Scarf also won't affect the Oni since he's pretty resistant to mind manipulation. Due to the condition of an Oni, I also don't think the Master Bowl will negate his durability. But I think that's where advantages end. Both have some respectable training, though I do think I favour Kiryu's more exaggerated portrayal of fighting mixed with his set of abilities is more favourable. Kazama's acrobatics are gonna be difficult to deal with at their peak. Kiryu's multiple methods of stat amps are also more reliable in this kind of battle as opposed to how Hibiki's operate, where it's just for the cleansing sound when using the Ongekiko Kaentsuzumi and the Ongekiko Bakuretsu Kaentsuzumi. Perception Manipulation and Status Effect Inducement seems like a good method of getting in hits. The AP advantage against him can also be decreased to a degree with damage reduction.

Due to the fact that he's fighting a significantly stronger opponent, this does mean he's have to focus more on dodging attacks and getting in some more blows, but I don't think anyone will disagree with me when I say this is nothing new to the guy. Considering he's "always thinking ten steps ahead" in battle tactics and can pretty much learn new techniques on the fly, I can't see Hibiki's fighting style being much of an issue. Hibiki's use of fire manipulation is also somewhat hindered by the fact that Kiryu can fight in a ring while having flames blaster from beneath him with no trouble. That isn't even taking into account the Fireproof Shirt if he's using that here.

Hibiki's use of sound manipulation could become a problem if utilized, but that requires setting the Ongekiko Kaentsuzumi or the Ongekiko Bakuretsu Kaentsuzumi on his opponent, which Kazama can easily avoid here.

The AP advantage against him is nothing to scoff at, but Kiryu just has the right skills and abilities to take the win. Voting Kazama Kiryu

Kiryu will lead with of course close quarters combat.
In terms of skill, I can confidently say that Kiryu is better with the sheer fact he has fought master martial artists such as Jo Amon. The guy can learn moves off the bat just by looking at shit. He has four fighting styles that serves its purpose.

Mind you guys the AP Value Kiryu scales to, he scales higher than that value because the guy who performed that feat was Injured. The AP Advantage Hibiki has should be manageable when you consider Kiryu's Heat Stat Amp which is pretty good, he could use a power styled fighting style with Beast that gives Kiryu great Power and Durability when blocking or something but his speed is lowered or the Speedy Fighting Style with Rush that allows Kiryu to move at fast speeds. He has his moves that he learned from Komaki to perform powerful hits such as the Tiger Drop or Komaki Parry to stun his opponent to land combos.

This sounds great once you realize Kiryu can switch between Rush and Beast style within an instant when he lands combos onto Hibiki that means he could both be fast and strong. Rush Style has an amp that allows Kiryu to punch faster which could combo well with Beast Style (I love doing this in Kiwami) since the speed disadvantage Beast initially had is temporarily gone thanks to this amp. The combos Kiryu can create really makes him versatile here.

It might look like it is a hard battle with that AP Advantage Hibiki has but don't forget Kiryu still has his Extreme Heat Mode/Dragon Spirit amp which is really strong since it gives him power and speed. The cherry on top is the durability that Extreme Heat Mode/Dragon Spirit gives, with this mode, Kiryu can literally survive attacks that would ONE SHOT HIM. Hibiki's AP Advantage is now not much of a big deal once you realize the durability EHM gives and it gives him small invulnerability.

If Kiryu were to take damage, he has really good pain tolerance alongside his low regen when doing heat attacks. I also forgot his healing items which he would use if he is injured.

だめ だね、だめよ、だめ なのよ、あんた が、すきで、すき すぎて、どれ だけ、つよい おさけ でも、ゆがまない、おもいてが、ばか みたい FRA

(Those are the lyrics to Baka Mitai often associated with Kiryu)

3 more votes

Back