• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round1, Match 5: Plague Knight vs Mitsuki

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
The 5th matchup in the 8-B tournament!

Plague Knight (The_man_with_the_Midas_touch) vs Mitsuki (NomsNoms)

8-B keys are used.

Speed is equalized.

Fight takes place in Nagi Island.

Mitsuki: 2 (NomsNoms, UchihaSlayer96)

Plague Knight: 7 (The_man_with_the_Midas_touch, jamesthetaker, Harith0cell, JustANormalLemon, FluffyCreatureZ, Popted2, Lou_change)

Incon: 2 (theultimate5105, Sero)

wp2043567.jpg

R.cb606c5b2909ec737e0778c5f5d5e335

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

Last edited:
Nice nice

Mitsuki's AP: 19.1
Plague Knight's AP: 15.0

First off, Mitsuki should be resistant to disease and poison manipulation due to unique body (His body was able to create an antidote that counteracted Boro's poison). He also does have healing, so he should be able to heal from PK's attacks. Practically all of PK's magical bombs and potions can be counteracted by Mitsuki's wind moves, blowing them away. Mitsuki can also restrain him due to the LS advantage. He can also paralyze PK with his lightning attacks, and can also stretch his arms to grab on to PK and do whatever he needs from there. Just in case things get dangerous, he can also use substitution jutsu to move out of the way.

Plague Knight does seem to have ALOT of versatility with his bombs though. If he throws bombs at Mitsuki and realizes that he's just going to dodge them or send them back, or even heal the wounds. Then he can just switch up his style:

• Bounce Casing: Bounces along the ground before exploding.
    • If Mitsuki tries to jump away from the first bomb/explosion, he probably wouldn't expect a bouncing bomb, so he'll probably get hit by this one.
  • Lob Casing: Arcs into the air before it comes crashing down.
    • PK changing up his bombs, and the way he throws them will definitely throw Mitsuki in for a loop. It will take a while for him to read his movements and the bombs as well.
  • Float Casing: Floats up and away when thrown.
    • See above
  • Orbit Casing: Spins around you and even pierces through walls!
    • This one is probably the hardest one for Mitsuki, followed by Whirl Casting. I'm not very sure if Mitsuki will be able to avoid these ones, since they're homing on him. Even if he tries to hide, they'll go through the walls, so he's definitely getting hit by these ones.
  • Drop Casing: Drops bouncing bombs at your feet.
    • See Bounce Casing
  • Whirl Casing: Boomerangs back and forth!
    • This one will throw him off guard as well. Going back and forth. Depending on how PK plays and if Mitsuki reads PK's moves, he wouldn't be able to tell which is which.
Now Plague Knight's wincon is his unpredictable moveset and abilities. He would have to try to trick Mitsuki into thinking one bomb is another and he'd have to CONSECUTIVELY hurt/hit Mitsuki with his bombs, because Mitsuki has Low-Mid regen over time. Any down time will be in Mitsuki's favor. Mitsuki is VERY good at analyzing his opponents and situations. It will be very hard for PK to overcome Mitsuki's numerous advantages if he doesn't play it smart.

PK also seems to have Bursts, but they don't seem like they'll be really helpful here.

PK DOES have a cloak called Pandemonium Cloak. If he has this equipped, then he can have 3 bombs active at once which will be great for overwhelming Mitsuki. It will be hard for him to tell what's going on, and it will definitely overwhelm his regen if he spams his bombs.

Plague Knight also has a few of useful magic items:

• Leech Liquid:The Leech Liquid is one of Plague Knight's potion Arcana. Once Plague Knight has taken a drink of Leech Liquid all damage he deals to an enemy is given back to him as health whilst the potion is in effect. If Plague Knight is attacked whilst drinking he drops the potion and does not get the buff.
    • This can make the fight last alot longer than one would think. If Mitsuki isn't aggressive enough, then PK can easily take advantage of this and continually heal, if he's done damage to Mitsuki.
  • Smoke Bomb: A gravity-defying ball that bursts into a cloud of smoke. The bomb and cloud slowly move in the direction Plague Knight threw it. While standing within the cloud and for a couple of seconds after leaving the cloud, Plague Knight is rendered invincible to all hazards, as they simply phase through him.
    • This will be good for turtling in. If PK can stay in for a couple seconds and leave the smoke and spam his bombs with the Pandemonium Cloak, he can spam all his attacks with 0 drawback.

With all this considered, Mitsuki should win due to his extremely analytical fight style, and his wind abilities should render all of his attacks useless for the most part. Mitsuki while at a disadvantage is still able to come up with numerous of plans to save him and his team from dying as shown when against Deepa and Boro. His body should be able to develop antidotes to save himself from taking big damage, and he also can heal. Mitsuki isn't dumb enough to attack PK while knowing he's at a disadvantage. Hell, he'll probably send a clone or even snakes to bite him and just poison PK.

Mitsuki low-mid diff.

Nice nice

Mitsuki's AP: 19.1
Plague Knight's AP: 15.0

First off, Mitsuki should be resistant to disease and poison manipulation due to unique body (His body was able to create an antidote that counteracted Boro's poison). He also does have healing, so he should be able to heal from PK's attacks. Practically all of PK's magical bombs and potions can be counteracted by Mitsuki's wind moves, blowing them away. Mitsuki can also restrain him due to the LS advantage. He can also paralyze PK with his lightning attacks, and can also stretch his arms to grab on to PK and do whatever he needs from there. Just in case things get dangerous, he can also use substitution jutsu to move out of the way.

Plague Knight does seem to have ALOT of versatility with his bombs though. If he throws bombs at Mitsuki and realizes that he's just going to dodge them or send them back, or even heal the wounds. Then he can just switch up his style:

• Bounce Casing: Bounces along the ground before exploding.
    • If Mitsuki tries to jump away from the first bomb/explosion, he probably wouldn't expect a bouncing bomb, so he'll probably get hit by this one.
  • Lob Casing: Arcs into the air before it comes crashing down.
    • PK changing up his bombs, and the way he throws them will definitely throw Mitsuki in for a loop. It will take a while for him to read his movements and the bombs as well.
  • Float Casing: Floats up and away when thrown.
    • See above
  • Orbit Casing: Spins around you and even pierces through walls!
    • This one is probably the hardest one for Mitsuki, followed by Whirl Casting. I'm not very sure if Mitsuki will be able to avoid these ones, since they're homing on him. Even if he tries to hide, they'll go through the walls, so he's definitely getting hit by these ones.
  • Drop Casing: Drops bouncing bombs at your feet.
    • See Bounce Casing
  • Whirl Casing: Boomerangs back and forth!
    • This one will throw him off guard as well. Going back and forth. Depending on how PK plays and if Mitsuki reads PK's moves, he wouldn't be able to tell which is which.
Now Plague Knight's wincon is his unpredictable moveset and abilities. He would have to try to trick Mitsuki into thinking one bomb is another and he'd have to CONSECUTIVELY hurt/hit Mitsuki with his bombs, because Mitsuki has Low-Mid regen over time. Any down time will be in Mitsuki's favor. Mitsuki is VERY good at analyzing his opponents and situations. It will be very hard for PK to overcome Mitsuki's numerous advantages if he doesn't play it smart.

PK also seems to have Bursts, but they don't seem like they'll be really helpful here.

PK DOES have a cloak called Pandemonium Cloak. If he has this equipped, then he can have 3 bombs active at once which will be great for overwhelming Mitsuki. It will be hard for him to tell what's going on, and it will definitely overwhelm his regen if he spams his bombs.

Plague Knight also has a few of useful magic items:

• Leech Liquid:The Leech Liquid is one of Plague Knight's potion Arcana. Once Plague Knight has taken a drink of Leech Liquid all damage he deals to an enemy is given back to him as health whilst the potion is in effect. If Plague Knight is attacked whilst drinking he drops the potion and does not get the buff.
    • This can make the fight last alot longer than one would think. If Mitsuki isn't aggressive enough, then PK can easily take advantage of this and continually heal, if he's done damage to Mitsuki.
  • Smoke Bomb:A gravity-defying ball that bursts into a cloud of smoke. The bomb and cloud slowly move in the direction Plague Knight threw it. While standing within the cloud and for a couple of seconds after leaving the cloud, Plague Knight is rendered invincible to all hazards, as they simply phase through him.
    • This will be good for turtling in. If PK can stay in for a couple seconds and leave the smoke and spam his bombs with the Pandemonium Cloak, he can spam all his attacks with 0 drawback.

With all this considered, Mitsuki should win due to his extremely analytical fight style, and his wind abilities should render all of his attacks useless for the most part. Mitsuki while at a disadvantage is still able to come up with numerous of plans to save him and his team from dying as shown when against Deepa and Boro. His body should be able to develop antidotes to save himself from taking big damage, and he also can heal. Mitsuki isn't dumb enough to attack PK while knowing he's at a disadvantage. Hell, he'll probably send a clone or even snakes to bite him and just poison PK.

Mitsuki low-mid diff.
Why would Mitsuki wind abilities render Plague knights bombs useless?

Plague Knight has fought the likes of Propeller Knight, and his bombs can still land, even while the latter is using his air manipulation.

It should also be noted that Plague Knight spams teleportation and duplication in character. as shown in his boss fight in Specter of Torment, which makes him even more difficult to predict.

also Plague scales from the Tower of Fate explosion, which was calced at 23.5 tons. his AP is higher then what you listed

Why would Mitsuki wind abilities render Plague knights bombs useless?
  • Fūton: Toppa (Wind Style: Breakthrough): After gathering chakra in their stomach, the user expels it as a gust of wind. This technique is powerful enough to blow away everything within the user's immediate vicinity. This technique can also be used for supplementary purposes, such as creating a vortex of wind to save a falling ally.
  • Kamaitachi no Jutsu (Sickle Weasel Technique): The user can use this technique through hand seals rather than through the use of a fan, changing the shape of the wind to that of a blade.
It should also be noted that Plague Knight spams teleportation and duplication in character. as shown in his boss fight in Specter of Torment, which makes him even more difficult to predict.
Alright thanks for letting me know. Yeah this will be harder knowing this.
also Plague scales from the Tower of Fate explosion, which was calced at 23.5 tons. his AP advantage is higher then what you listed
Oh sorry, I didn't see that. Thanks for letting me know. That mean he has the AP Advantage.

My vote will still go to Mitsuki now mid-high diff.

• Fūton: Toppa (Wind Style: Breakthrough): After gathering chakra in their stomach, the user expels it as a gust of wind. This technique is powerful enough to blow away everything within the user's immediate vicinity. This technique can also be used for supplementary purposes, such as creating a vortex of wind to save a falling ally.
  • Kamaitachi no Jutsu (Sickle Weasel Technique): The user can use this technique through hand seals rather than through the use of a fan, changing the shape of the wind to that of a blade.

Alright thanks for letting me know. Yeah this will be harder knowing this.

Oh sorry, I didn't see that. Thanks for letting me know. That mean he has the AP Advantage.

My vote will still go to Mitsuki now mid-high diff.
Again, propeller Knight uses air manipulation as well. his wind is powerful enough to knock back Plague Knight and other Shovel Knight Characters, yet Plague Knight has no problem with tagging him with his bombs and defeating him.

Heres their fight btw

So I have to disagree with his bombs being made useless because of air manip.

Heres their fight btw
Huh that's interesting. In that specific video, PK doesn't even throw his bombs in the way of the wind. Instead he throws it ABOVE him. PK also gets pushed back by.... PK. Because he throws it above him, I'm inclined to believe that the bombs would get blown away if blown at the wind, hence why he threw it above.
Also Mitsuki should scale from tsubaki and Ryoki wich are 27 and 29 ton
Whom?

Again, propeller Knight uses air manipulation as well. his wind is powerful enough to knock back Plague Knight and other Shovel Knight Characters, yet Plague Knight has no problem with tagging him with his bombs and defeating him.

Heres their fight btw

So I have to disagree with his bombs being made useless because of air manip.
ok but Plague knight fight primarly with the bombs, he is a long range fighter, and so can do Mitsuki, he can throw at him jutsu like the snake lighning
two Boruto characters
and Mitsuki scale above or is equal to them and so having the ap advantage

Huh that's interesting. In that specific video, PK doesn't even throw his bombs in the way of the wind. Instead he throws it ABOVE him. PK also gets pushed back by.... PK. Because he throws it above him, I'm inclined to believe that the bombs would get blown away if blown at the wind, hence why he threw it above.

Whom?
Alright, better example

Propeller Knights stage makes use of high winds as a hazard throughout the level. Yet Plague Knight is able to throw his bombs like normal, despite the windy nature of the stage.

like here

I think Plague Knight's large amount of unpredictability and large arsenal should give him the win here.

Mitsuki gonna have a hard time analyzing someone whose constantly teleporting and duplicating themselves while spamming a massive array of explosives of a variety of types and abilities.

If Mitsuki tries to avoid them, he can switch to Sentry Fuse, allowing his bombs to home in on his opponents.

If he tries to enter close quarters, Plague Knight has Orbital Casing, allowing his bombs to circle around him and act as a barrier, forcing anyone in melee range to either get away or endure the explosive..

Leech Liquid gives him a large amount of sustain, allowing him to hang with Mitsuki even while the latter has regeneration.

Any time Plague Knight feels threatened, he could bust out the Smoke Bomb giving him intangibility to all attacks for a few seconds while he either attacks or plans his next move

I would give it to Plague Knight High Diff

Ok so Mitsuki scales to 29 tons
and Plague scales to 23.5 tons

so they're really close.

Also I forgot but Mitsuki still has access to Sage Mode which allows him to amp himself in AP and speed, as well as enhanced senses and extrasensory perception

I'm just gonna addressed some of @Midas point above here:

Plague Knight unpredictability and versatility are his biggest advantage here. Take a look at this video (skip to Battle Royal part), it's a good example of how PK utilized different bombs and strategies against each opponents, of courses you didn't need to watched entire video just look at the beginning of every fights. Wind isn't a problem since he've fought Propeller Knight who can deflect most of his bombs.

Now i haven't catch up with Boruto lately, mainly just see abridged video, Mitsuki haven't been to many fights lately and some of them weren't really impressive. I found them very one-sided most of the time. This is not to downplay Mitsuki or anything but he do lack of experience against someone like PK who did all sort of trick and ******* around.

I'm just gonna addressed some of @Midas point above here:

Plague Knight unpredictability and versatility are his biggest advantage here. Take a look at this video (skip to Battle Royal part), it's a good example of how PK utilized different bombs and strategies against each opponents, of courses you didn't need to watched entire video just look at the beginning of every fights. Wind isn't a problem since he've fought Propeller Knight who can deflect most of his bombs.

Now i haven't catch up with Boruto lately, mainly just see abridged video, Mitsuki haven't been to many fights lately and some of them weren't really impressive. I found them very one-sided most of the time. This is not to downplay Mitsuki or anything but he do lack of experience against someone like PK who did all sort of trick and ******* around.
Is that a vote for PK or no?

Back