• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 2, Match 4: Gene vs Johnny Test (7-0-1)

Nah, the second Gene catches him he's gonna really lay the smackdown on him, my dude goes for the balls if he can, and he makes the longest combos he can

Yes, but Gene is way more skilled and one of his many abilities is specifically countering enemies right as they're attacking

You just said the opposite... Either way, increased reaction speed < increased speed, so Gene has the better amp here

Smaller after Gene activates his amp

Gene has deadass fought people way weirder than Johnny. One of the bosses in God Hand is a crew of midgets with chipmunk voices that wear power ranger outfits and attack by doing circus acrobatic tricks, and they're not even in the top 3 weirdest

Inconsistent and arguably inferior to Gene's healing

But Gene still holds a huge advantage in skill.

Not when he's constantly being beaten down. Also, Gene can use Daisy Cutter to make severely weakened enemies explode, or just cut off their heads with Head Slicer, he's got plenty of ways to get around stamina
1. Doesn't matter what "smackdown" Gene lays on Johnny unless he amps his stats. He can do whatever combo he wants. He's not doing much damage to Johnny without his amps.

2. It doesn't matter if you're more skilled than someone who knows how to use hax that are more potent than yours very well. And since Johnny is a lot more limited here, he'll actually have a easier time forming some kind of plan/strategy with his equipment that Gene will have troubles avoiding.

3. Even when Gene uses his amps, he's still having trouble killing Johnny. Plus, Johnny can use Teleportation to avoid those attacks. He'll definitely start using Teleportation when he realizes he's in danger.

4. Power Ranger outfits and circus acrobatic attacks are a joke compared to Toon Force, especially Toon Force at Johnny's level.

5. That regen needs better justifications. I'll elaborate more on Johnny's regen when I get home.

6. Gene has the advantage in skill, yes, but Johnny is stronger, more resilient, and can last longer in a fight than Gene can. That easily overpowers skill.

7. Gene's Daisy Cutter only works on severely weakened enemies. Johnny's not getting severely weakened in this fight anytime soon. If anything, Gene will be weakened faster due to him being weaker, less durable, and having worse stamina.

8. Johnny should have no problem avoiding Head Slicer, he's not just going to stand there and get his head sliced off, plus he can keep his distance as well with his equipment.

My vote's still for Johnny.

1. Doesn't matter what "smackdown" Gene lays on Johnny unless he amps his stats. He can do whatever combo he wants. He's not doing much damage to Johnny without his amps.

2. It doesn't matter if you're more skilled than someone who knows how to use hax that are more potent than yours very well. And since Johnny is a lot more limited here, he'll actually have a easier time forming some kind of plan/strategy with his equipment that Gene will have troubles avoiding.

3. Even when Gene uses his amps, he's still having trouble killing Johnny. Plus, Johnny can use Teleportation to avoid those attacks. He'll definitely start using Teleportation when he realizes he's in danger.

4. Power Ranger outfits and circus acrobatic attacks are a joke compared to Toon Force, especially Toon Force at Johnny's level.

5. That regen needs better justifications. I'll elaborate more on Johnny's regen when I get home.

6. Gene has the advantage in skill, yes, but Johnny is stronger, more resilient, and can last longer in a fight than Gene can. That easily overpowers skill.

7. Gene's Daisy Cutter only works on severely weakened enemies. Johnny's not getting severely weakened in this fight anytime soon. If anything, Gene will be weakened faster due to him being weaker, less durable, and having worse stamina.

8. Johnny should have no problem avoiding Head Slicer, he's not just going to stand there and get his head sliced off, plus he can keep his distance as well with his equipment.

some of your points are kinda meh, but I can see the others, changing my vote to johnny again

Not really, Johnny's still gonna feel his attacks and Gene will throw out many of them. Plus, he will use his amps.
2. It doesn't matter if you're more skilled than someone who knows how to use hax that are more potent than yours very well.
Yeah but, it ain't. Not by a significant degree at least.
And since Johnny is a lot more limited here, he'll actually have a easier time forming some kind of plan/strategy with his equipment that Gene will have troubles avoiding.
Like what, shooting his gun? Once Gene's speed is amped he'll be virtually impossible to hit.
Plus, Johnny can use Teleportation to avoid those attacks. He'll definitely start using Teleportation when he realizes he's in danger.
Ah, yes, the Teleportation Johnny uses once in a gag. You literally don't even know if he has the ability to spam it, let alone the willingness to.
You've been claiming that a lot but haven't provided any evidence as to why that is the case
The profile literally says he's been found in a cast, that by itself means it's inconsistent, no matter what the profile says
Don't really think that no.
7. Gene's Daisy Cutter only works on severely weakened enemies. Johnny's not getting severely weakened in this fight anytime soon.
I think constantly getting the shit beaten out of him will eventually "weaken" Johnny yes.
If anything, Gene will be weakened faster due to him being weaker, less durable, and having worse stamina.
Gene can last a lot considering he can just heal himself at will and is going to be damaged a lot less
Chain Yanker means "keeping his distance" is virtually impossible, superior skill, various ways to stun opponents, great skill in finding the smallest opening, superior speed, only needs to land it once to win, I wouldn't make that claim
You can count me as a vote for Gene actually

Chain Yanker means "keeping his distance" is virtually impossible, superior skill, various ways to stun opponents, great skill in finding the smallest opening, superior speed, only needs to land it once to win, I wouldn't make that claim
can you show him using that chain?

Yeah I kinda forgot how strong a tool it is lol. I doubt he'd usually prefer it to other moves in a H2H fight but if someone abuses range and camps around him he'd definitely resort to it lol

Not really, Johnny's still gonna feel his attacks and Gene will throw out many of them. Plus, he will use his amps.

Yeah but, it ain't. Not by a significant degree at least.

Like what, shooting his gun? Once Gene's speed is amped he'll be virtually impossible to hit.

Ah, yes, the Teleportation Johnny uses once in a gag. You literally don't even know if he has the ability to spam it, let alone the willingness to.

You've been claiming that a lot but haven't provided any evidence as to why that is the case

The profile literally says he's been found in a cast, that by itself means it's inconsistent, no matter what the profile says

Don't really think that no.

I think constantly getting the shit beaten out of him will eventually "weaken" Johnny yes.

Gene can last a lot considering he can just heal himself at will and is going to be damaged a lot less

You can count me as a vote for Gene actually
1. Gene will start using his amps when he realizes he can't take Johnny down with his regular abilities. Without his amps, Gene will sooner or later get worn out, and Johnny will still be perfectly fine. Johnny will feel the attacks, but it's not doing much damage to him initially. What saves Gene's butt here is amps.

2. Transmutation is more potent than anything Gene can throw out. Johnny can use them to their fullest potential, too. It doesn't really matter that Johnny's hax aren't significantly more potent than Gene's, as Johnny knows how to use those very well.

3. How does Gene activate his amps? I was about to make an argument for Johnny here, but I didn't want to rush into it blindly.

4. Dude, the point never was that Johnny would spam Teleportation. I have never made it seem like I said that Johnny would spam Teleportation. Your point saying that I will not know he will spam it or not doesn't make sense, as I know already Johnny wouldn't spam Teleportation in the first place. The point was that when he sees he's in danger (likely when Gene uses amps), he'll use Teleportation to avoid those attacks.

5. Johnny Test (the show) has legit done parodies on Lonney Tunes and Tom and Jerry, and those verses are notorious for their potent uses of Toon Force.

6. In literally the clip that was shown to "justify" Johnny's regen, Johnny and Bling-Bling take even more damage. And the moment they stop taking damage, Johnny was perfectly able to hold a laser gun with his casted up arm. And in the very next scene, Johnny and Bling-Bling are perfectly fine. The regen starts kicking immediately when no one is attacking Johnny. So when Gene is laying off of Johnny for even a second, that regen starts kicking in. The regen will be extremely helpful when Gene uses his amps.

7. A ~3.2x AP gap, more durability, regen, Toon Force, and better stamina are more than enough to counter skill.

8. Once again, Johnny will only be weakened when Gene bust out his amps. Initially, Gene has no chance of doing significant damage to Johnny.

9. Healing will be helpful for Gene, but how does his healing work? Gene will be taking more damage because he is weaker than Johnny. May I remind you that Johnny can last days in a fight before getting exhausted? How is Gene going to wear out, or even outlast Johnny at all in this fight?

10. Since Johnny is more limited in this matchup, he'll be more reliant on his more powerful hax.

11. Is Gene's amps strong enough to overpower someone with a 3.2x AP gap? Until you can answer this, I'm still inclined to believe that Johnny has the AP gap with or without the amps.

Due to Johnny being stronger, more resilient, being able to last way longer, Toon Force, regen, and hax, Johnny should take this win 55%-60% of the time.

1. Gene will start using his amps when he realizes he can't take Johnny down with his regular abilities. Without his amps, Gene will sooner or later get worn out, and Johnny will still be perfectly fine. Johnny will feel the attacks, but it's not doing much damage to him initially. What saves Gene's butt here is amps.
I don't really think that, if we're going by the boss battle against him he's fine with using them even against weaker opponents so they should come out pretty quickly.
2. Transmutation is more potent than anything Gene can throw out.
And also never going to work. Doesn't really matter how well Johnny can throw it, Gene can basically always dodge it, not that he'd be caught with his mouth open like that.
Johnny can use them to their fullest potential, too. It doesn't really matter that Johnny's hax aren't significantly more potent than Gene's, as Johnny knows how to use those very well.
Yeah so does Gene lol, a lot better too considering his sheer skill and Accelerated Development.
3. How does Gene activate his amps? I was about to make an argument for Johnny here, but I didn't want to rush into it blindly.
Ripping off the brace on his right arm, but he can do that just by making power rush through the God Hand
4. Dude, the point never was that Johnny would spam Teleportation. I have never made it seem like I said that Johnny would spam Teleportation. Your point saying that I will not know he will spam it or not doesn't make sense, as I know already Johnny wouldn't spam Teleportation in the first place. The point was that when he sees he's in danger (likely when Gene uses amps), he'll use Teleportation to avoid those attacks.
You do realize that Gene's attacks are incredibly fast even before the speed amp? And that he knows Drunken Fist, a style meant to completely throw off the opponent and attack without making them realize you're about to? Gene has plenty of ways to tag Johnny
5. Johnny Test (the show) has legit done parodies on Lonney Tunes and Tom and Jerry, and those verses are notorious for their potent uses of Toon Force.
????????? how is that an argument for anything lol, God Hand has a Devil May Cry parody, is Gene tier 2 now?
6. In literally the clip that was shown to "justify" Johnny's regen, Johnny and Bling-Bling take even more damage. And the moment they stop taking damage, Johnny was perfectly able to hold a laser gun with his casted up arm. And in the very next scene, Johnny and Bling-Bling are perfectly fine. The regen starts kicking immediately when no one is attacking Johnny. So when Gene is laying off of Johnny for even a second, that regen starts kicking in. The regen will be extremely helpful when Gene uses his amps.
... I have no idea where you're getting that interpretation. The fact that he visibly does not heal on-screen and only does one whole scene later means the regen isn't usable in a combat situation.
7. A ~3.2x AP gap, more durability, regen, Toon Force, and better stamina are more than enough to counter skill.
Not when
8. Once again, Johnny will only be weakened when Gene bust out his amps. Initially, Gene has no chance of doing significant damage to Johnny.
I think you fail to realize that getting punched by someone hundreds of times, even when they're weaker than you, really hurts.
9. Healing will be helpful for Gene, but how does his healing work? Gene will be taking more damage because he is weaker than Johnny. May I remind you that Johnny can last days in a fight before getting exhausted?
He just enters a lotus pose and once second afterwards he's healed.
How is Gene going to wear out Johnny at all in this fight?
He can just cut his head off if constantly hitting him isn't doing the trick
10. Plus, since Johnny is more limited in this matchup, he'll be more reliant on his more powerful hax.
Literally his only actual "hax" is Transmutation and Mind Manip and neither is likely to work
11. Is Gene's amps strong enough to overpower someone with a 3.2x AP gap? Until you can answer this, I'm still inclined to believe that Johnny has the AP gap with or without the amps.
Johnny still has the AP advantage but it is definitely smaller. Plus piercing damage and all that, Head Slicer should definitely work.
Due to Johnny being stronger, more resilient, being able to last way longer, Toon Force, regen, and hax, Johnny should take this win 55%-60% of the time.
I don't think you need to repeat that with every post

I don't really think that, if we're going by the boss battle against him he's fine with using them even against weaker opponents so they should come out pretty quickly.
Fair point.
And also never going to work. Doesn't really matter how well Johnny can throw it, Gene can basically always dodge it, not that he'd be caught with his mouth open like that.
Fair point.
Yeah so does Gene lol, a lot better too considering his sheer skill and Accelerated Development.
I don't think you understand that Johnny can literally use his equipment (which are more potent) to its fullest potential. Gene is going to have tons of trouble countering hax that are more potent, and they're used to their fullest extent.
Ripping off the brace on his right arm, but he can do that just by making power rush through the God Hand
The former one Johnny won't let happen, as Gene is temporarily vulnerable here, which gives Johnny an opening to attack. For the latter, how long does it take for the power to rush through the God Hand?
You do realize that Gene's attacks are incredibly fast even before the speed amp? And that he knows Drunken Fist, a style meant to completely throw off the opponent and attack without making them realize you're about to? Gene has plenty of ways to tag Johnny
And do you realize with the feat I showed you of Johnny popping 2 water balloons while blind that Johnny will have extremely sharp vision here
????????? how is that an argument for anything lol, God Hand has a Devil May Cry parody, is Gene tier 2 now?
...You're taking this completely out of context lol. Johnny is clearly not on the levels of Looney Tunes Toon Force, but in the Tom and Jerry parody, Johnny was shown to have potent levels of Toon Force. From here to 9:21 shows you how potent Johnny's Toon Force, and how much of a quick thinker he is in combat.
... I have no idea where you're getting that interpretation. The fact that he visibly does not heal on-screen and only does one whole scene later means the regen isn't usable in a combat situation.
Only argument I can throw at this is that Johnny was holding up the ray gun with his casted (aka broken) arm.
???
I think you fail to realize that getting punched by someone hundreds of times, even when they're weaker than you, really hurts.
I also think you fail to realize that trying to do a crazy combo on someone who's over 3x stronger isn't doing significant damage. Will it hurt? Yeah. But will it do anything significant? No.
He just enters a lotus pose and once second afterwards he's healed.
Okay. Healing is definitely useful here.

He can just cut his head off if constantly hitting him isn't doing the trick
Fair. But Johnny's sharp sense of vision will help here.

Literally his only actual "hax" is Transmutation and Mind Manip and neither is likely to work
Eh. He has a few hax that can keep Gene at bay, like Life Manip. His Time Manip will make this an Incon at best, and then we'll have to flip a coin.
Johnny still has the AP advantage but it is definitely smaller. Plus piercing damage and all that, Head Slicer should definitely work.
That's a fair point. But Johnny's vision still plays a factor, here.

I don't think you need to repeat that with every post
Don't see what the issue is about me making a brief summary. I could care less if someone did that lol. Don't see how this bothers you.

I don't think you understand that Johnny can literally use his equipment (which are more potent) to its fullest potential. Gene is going to have tons of trouble countering hax that are more potent, and they're used to their fullest extent.
... Literally all the "hax" Johnny has is basically useless, the advantages Johnny's equipment gives him are a couple distractions (Gene is great at handling multiple opponents at once) and flight/ranged attacks, which Gene can counter.
The former one Johnny won't let happen, as Gene is temporarily vulnerable here, which gives Johnny an opening to attack.
I seriously doubt Gene can't find an opening to do that, or just dodge an attack while he's doing it
For the latter, how long does it take for the power to rush through the God Hand?
A second, but it can't really be interrupted easily.
And do you realize with the feat I showed you of Johnny popping 2 water balloons while blind that Johnny will have extremely sharp vision here
Seeing Gene isn't the issue, understanding what he's going to do is when he could literally bust out one of 140+ different moves at any time
...You're taking this completely out of context lol. Johnny is clearly not on the levels of Looney Tunes Toon Force, but in the Tom and Jerry parody, Johnny was shown to have potent levels of Toon Force. From here to 9:21 shows you how potent Johnny's Toon Force, and how much of a quick thinker he is in combat.
... Getting someone to step on a rake is "potent toon force"? It's just using the environment around him to formulate a plan, which isn't bad but it's something which I doubt Gene is as likely to fall for, especially since Central Park doesn't give many tools to work with.
Only argument I can throw at this is that Johnny was holding up the ray gun with his casted (aka broken) arm.
My assumption would be Stamina feat, considering he's still visibly bruised (and bruises would heal faster than a broken bone).
Not when (y)
I also think you fail to realize that trying to do a crazy combo on someone who's over 3x stronger isn't doing significant damage. Will it hurt? Yeah. But will it do anything significant? No.
... Yes, it will, when it's literal hundreds of times, or when Gene is repeatedly punching him in weak spots such as the throat, the stomack, the back of the head or the groin.
Fair. But Johnny's sharp sense of vision will help here.
It only has to land once, though, and Gene can set up a situation for it, such as stunning Johnny with the right move or comboing into it.
Eh. He has a few hax that can keep Gene at bay, like Life Manip. His Time Manip will make this an Incon at best, and then we'll have to flip a coin.
If one of the characters can force an Incon, but otherwise the fight is, say, a 55% win for Gene, then this is a victory for Gene 52.5% of the times (kinda). So no not really.
Don't see what the issue is about me making a brief summary. I could care less if someone did that lol. Don't see how this bothers you.
Eh fair

... Literally all the "hax" Johnny has is basically useless, the advantages Johnny's equipment gives him are a couple distractions (Gene is great at handling multiple opponents at once) and flight/ranged attacks, which Gene can counter.

I seriously doubt Gene can't find an opening to do that, or just dodge an attack while he's doing it

A second, but it can't really be interrupted easily.

Seeing Gene isn't the issue, understanding what he's going to do is when he could literally bust out one of 140+ different moves at any time

... Getting someone to step on a rake is "potent toon force"? It's just using the environment around him to formulate a plan, which isn't bad but it's something which I doubt Gene is as likely to fall for, especially since Central Park doesn't give many tools to work with.

My assumption would be Stamina feat, considering he's still visibly bruised (and bruises would heal faster than a broken bone).

Not when (y)

... Yes, it will, when it's literal hundreds of times, or when Gene is repeatedly punching him in weak spots such as the throat, the stomack, the back of the head or the groin.

It only has to land once, though, and Gene can set up a situation for it, such as stunning Johnny with the right move or comboing into it.

If one of the characters can force an Incon, but otherwise the fight is, say, a 55% win for Gene, then this is a victory for Gene 52.5% of the times (kinda). So no not really.

Eh fair
I'm switching my vote for Incon.

Johnny will have the advantage initially with Gene's amps, but when Gene uses his amps, I don't really see how Johnny can do anything significant to Gene. But Johnny's equipment and other abilities will be a lot, and I mean a lot, for Gene to handle. Plus, if Johnny has no win con, he will most likely will use his Time Manip to rewind to the previous Saturday, and forget the fight ever happened.

Plus, I got other things I'm interested in doing, so whatever happens here, happens.

Also, can Ixa's next match be in Castle Doran?
Wataru and Co. Minding their own business be like:
images

Back