• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 2, Match 4: Gene vs Johnny Test (7-0-1)

Energy Projection (laser guns)
Flight (turbo action backpack)
Time Manip (Saturday Repeater Machine)
Mind Manip (Collars and Belts)
Life Manip (Static Animator)
Transmutation (Bubble Love Gum)
Statistics Amplifications (Bionic Arm)

These are all of the hax Johnny can use in this fight, after going over everything
Eh, sprays are basically impossible to dodge at close range
If Gene sees Johnny whip out a spray, his first instinct is to dodge. Shouldn't be too hard to avoid. Though, if it needs to be removed, then it is what it is.

Let's be real, that is basically Eda vs Gene 2, but this time isn't a one hit K.O
Energy Projection (laser guns)
Flight (turbo action backpack)
Time Manip (Saturday Repeater Machine)
Mind Manip (Collars and Belts)
Life Manip (Static Animator)
Transmutation (Bubble Love Gum)
Statistics Amplifications (Bionic Arm)
Of this ones, the laser gun s, turbo action backpack and biomic arm are the only usefull ones that he can use, if johnny stays at long distance and focusing in dodging the long ranged Gene atacks I can see him wining most of the times

what's with gene and him kicking the butt of children as of lately not that it would be out of character of him

In any case, let's make a classical analysis!

AP & LS: So, first off, AP! Johnny scales to 59,42 tons, Gene considerably upscales from 18,83 tons, upscaling to a stupidly massive degree if we consider him with both God Hands. Gene has plenty of moves that hit way harder than normal and self-buffs, but so does Johnny with his pills. In AP, for all intents and purposes, Johnny has a definite edge here. As in LS, Gene is vastly stronger and much superior grappler. Johnny's lower stature will mean nothing here, and I don't think his gear would help much in a grappling situation.

Toughness & Stamina: Johnny leads here, with the advantages of raw durability, regeneration, toonforce and even stamina, at least in an energy standpoint, while Gene has way superior defensive and mobility skills, and seems to tolerate injury better than Johnny.

Speed & Agility: Yeah, Gene is way better here. Johnny's smaller and has teleportation, which is better for moving in and out of the fight. However, Gene is way more acrobatic, agile and nimble, and has vastly superior skill in dodging and awareness in combat. Which he'll need, as he's, weirdly, weaker than the kid.

Skill: ... I don't think I need to explain why Gene's the better one here, do I? And I'm not just talking about combat skill, as in duelling and hand-to-hand skill, but in tactics and usage of powers - Gene is way better in all of that. Heck, his accelerated development and the way fights work in God Hand makes me believe that if Gene's careful in the beginning of the fight, he'll fully capture the entire way Johnny fights and know exactly how to counter it.

P&A: I'm a bit lost here, I admit. I don't know what pieces of gear are or aren't allowed, but in any case, it depends on what Johnny's allowed to have or not. The stuff on the basic profile is mostly within Gene's experience and capabilities to counter, and Gene would have the advantage in versatility and general usefulness of powers, although I'll note that Johnny's Toon-Force and Regeneration are a very serious thing to consider. However, if even 1/4 of the inventions he has is allowed, oof for Gene.

Conclusion: I tend to bet on Gene here, although it mostly depends on the gear Johnny carries with him. Johnny's actually the tougher and stronger one here, and Gene'll realize pretty quickly it would be a horrible idea to try to slugfest with the kid, who may be lumbering, but is gosh-darned strong and tough. (Something Gene is used to take care of) He'll have to rely on his agility, slipping in strikes while attempting to stun him and perform the odd Roulette/strong attack, and maybe getting worked up enough to unleash the God Hand. It would be hard, way harder than I initially expected, but I do think Gene wins this.

what's with gene and him kicking the butt of children as of lately not that it would be out of character of him

In any case, let's make a classical analysis!

AP & LS: So, first off, AP! Johnny scales to 59,42 tons, Gene considerably upscales from 18,83 tons, upscaling to a stupidly massive degree if we consider him with both God Hands. Gene has plenty of moves that hit way harder than normal and self-buffs, but so does Johnny with his pills. In AP, for all intents and purposes, Johnny has a definite edge here. As in LS, Gene is vastly stronger and much superior grappler. Johnny's lower stature will mean nothing here, and I don't think his gear would help much in a grappling situation.

Toughness & Stamina: Johnny leads here, with the advantages of raw durability, regeneration, toonforce and even stamina, at least in an energy standpoint, while Gene has way superior defensive and mobility skills, and seems to tolerate injury better than Johnny.

Speed & Agility: Yeah, Gene is way better here. Johnny's smaller and has teleportation, which is better for moving in and out of the fight. However, Gene is way more acrobatic, agile and nimble, and has vastly superior skill in dodging and awareness in combat. Which he'll need, as he's, weirdly, weaker than the kid.

Skill: ... I don't think I need to explain why Gene's the better one here, do I? And I'm not just talking about combat skill, as in duelling and hand-to-hand skill, but in tactics and usage of powers - Gene is way better in all of that. Heck, his accelerated development and the way fights work in God Hand makes me believe that if Gene's careful in the beginning of the fight, he'll fully capture the entire way Johnny fights and know exactly how to counter it.

P&A: I'm a bit lost here, I admit. I don't know what pieces of gear are or aren't allowed, but in any case, it depends on what Johnny's allowed to have or not. The stuff on the basic profile is mostly within Gene's experience and capabilities to counter, and Gene would have the advantage in versatility and general usefulness of powers, although I'll note that Johnny's Toon-Force and Regeneration are a very serious thing to consider. However, if even 1/4 of the inventions he has is allowed, oof for Gene.

Conclusion: I tend to bet on Gene here, although it mostly depends on the gear Johnny carries with him. Johnny's actually the tougher and stronger one here, and Gene'll realize pretty quickly it would be a horrible idea to try to slugfest with the kid, who may be lumbering, but is gosh-darned strong and tough. (Something Gene is used to take care of) He'll have to rely on his agility, slipping in strikes while attempting to stun him and perform the odd Roulette/strong attack, and maybe getting worked up enough to unleash the God Hand. It would be hard, way harder than I initially expected, but I do think Gene wins this.
Great analysis, as per usual.

Since you seem a bit confused about what hax Johnny has in this fight, let me give you a brief summary:

Energy Projection: Johnny can use his laser guns to keep distance from Gene, as him fighting Gene H2H/CQC won't really benefit Johnny, as he is less skilled than Gene.

Flight: His Turbo Action Backpack will give him more mobility and will make him a harder opponent to hit.

Time Manip: If Johnny were to go back to the previous Saturday, it will just make this matchup an Incon. It won't benefit him in this matchup, but it won't necessarily be a bad strategy to use.

Mind Manip: Definitely his most useless one. He has to get up close and put the belt or collar on Gene, which is very unlikely to happen.

Life Manip: Johnny can bring any inanimate object to life to distract Gene and get a good hit on him.

Transmutation: A lot more useful than people think it is. Johnny is definitely capable of throwing the gum in Gene's mouth, as he has shown to have a accurate throw on two occasions in his base form. This correlates to my next point.

Bionic Arm: This was made to make Johnny better at dodgeball. If you don't know how dodgeball works, you basically just throw and dodge balls. With the Bionic Arm, Johnny had a much more accurate throw, and was able to dodge way easier. This will make him even harder to hit, and his already accurate throw combined with the Bionic Arm should be able to accurately throw that Bubble Love Gum into Gene's mouth, and transmitted him.

I feel like Johnny takes this ever so slightly. Like 55%-60% of the time.

Gene is way too skilled for Johnny to face H2H/CQC, and Gene will have a hard time putting Johnny down for good. But I feel like Johnny's hax should give him the slight edge in this matchup.

Voting Johnny high-diff.

Let's be real, that is basically Eda vs Gene 2, but this time isn't a one hit K.O

Of this ones, the laser gun s, turbo action backpack and biomic arm are the only usefull ones that he can use, if johnny stays at long distance and focusing in dodging the long ranged Gene atacks I can see him wining most of the times
Is your vote for Johnny?

Since the updates for the thread, I believe it's 1 for Gene, and 2 for Johnny.

The other votes don't count because they were before Johnny had his equipment.

I disagree that range spam would work on Gene. Slowly wearing him down is highly unlikely because he's able to heal, and he's got plenty of range attacks, even AOE ones. Not only that but most of his enemies tend to fall for it when he taunts them so it's likely he can bait Johnny into closing up once or twice, which should be plenty of time to lay the smackdown. Not only that but the fact that some of Johnny's wincons can only be used at close range (Like the mind control device) which might bait him into trying to end the fight faster.

As for the gum I seriously doubt Gene will allow that to hit him. All he has to do is move slightly or raise an arm and we all know he's very capable of doing that.

Quick reminder:

Johnny knows his equipment front to back, as they were spammed every time they appeared in the show. And since Johnny is very clever and creative in combat, he can use the equipment he has in this fight to its fullest potential, except for his Mind Manip.

Btw, are we using 1 God Hand Gene or 2 God Hand Gene?

I recommend using the former, as this is already an extremely close battle.

Quick reminder:

Johnny knows his equipment front to back, as they were spammed every time they appeared in the show. And since Johnny is very clever and creative in combat, he can use the equipment he has in this fight to its fullest potential, except for his Mind Manip.
I'm not sure why mind manipulation would be the exception. But yes, I know, but the skill gap is still quite apparent here.
Btw, are we using 1 God Hand Gene or 2 God Hand Gene?

I recommend using the former, as this is already an extremely close battle.
You're the boss. 2 God Hand Gene just closes up the AP gap a bit and gives him better ranged combat- theoretically Sealing as well but I doubt he'll use it.

I disagree that range spam would work on Gene. Slowly wearing him down is highly unlikely because he's able to heal, and he's got plenty of range attacks, even AOE ones. Not only that but most of his enemies tend to fall for it when he taunts them so it's likely he can bait Johnny into closing up once or twice, which should be plenty of time to lay the smackdown. Not only that but the fact that some of Johnny's wincons can only be used at close range (Like the mind control device) which might bait him into trying to end the fight faster.

As for the gum I seriously doubt Gene will allow that to hit him. All he has to do is move slightly or raise an arm and we all know he's very capable of doing that.
could you go more in deep into Gene going against range camping?

I'm not sure why mind manipulation would be the exception. But yes, I know, but the skill gap is still quite apparent here.

You're the boss. 2 God Hand Gene just closes up the AP gap a bit and gives him better ranged combat- theoretically Sealing as well but I doubt he'll use it.
Mind manip is the only exception because it's useless in this battle.

I didn't make this thread. Gotta ask the OP. Though I recommend 1 God Hand Gene, as it's already a pretty even matchup.

I mean he's incredibly evasive so he's really difficult to hit, he's dealt with projectile spam before, he can rapidly jump really high to catch unsuspecting opponents with an uppercut and he's got ranged attacks of his own, he's got Shaolin Blast which is a hadoken, La Bomba, a ground shockwave, Shockwave, which is a few energy projectiles that run across the ground, Wild Pitch, an energy baseball he can throw and most importantly, Chain Yanker, which is basically a telekinetic yank he can use to pull enemies towards him, which kinda negates the very possibility of someone camping against him lol.

I had totally forgotten about Chain Yanker ngl

I mean he's incredibly evasive so he's really difficult to hit, he's dealt with projectile spam before, he can rapidly jump really high to catch unsuspecting opponents with an uppercut and he's got ranged attacks of his own, he's got Shaolin Blast which is a hadoken, La Bomba, a ground shockwave, Shockwave, which is a few energy projectiles that run across the ground, Wild Pitch, an energy baseball he can throw and most importantly, Chain Yanker, which is basically a telekinetic yank he can use to pull enemies towards him, which kinda negates the very possibility of someone camping against him lol.

I had totally forgotten about Chain Yanker ngl
ok, just one thing

Johnny can fly with the super action turbo backpack and ... I just cheked the Bionic arm episod and seens th arm incresses Jhonny AP and Reaction Speed by 300%... so theres that

I mean, I know, that doesn't really mean he'll win a ranged battle when Gene is still arguably better at dodging. And Chain Yanker's purpose is exactly to bring enemies closer to Gene.

I mean, I know, that doesn't really mean he'll win a ranged battle when Gene is still arguably better at dodging. And Chain Yanker's purpose is exactly to bring enemies closer to Gene.
Johnny is pretty mobile himself. Acrobatics, Stealth Mastery, and Teleportation are just a few examples. His Turbo Action Backpack and Bionic Arm makes it even harder for Gene to hit Johnny, let alone kill him.

Like Lemon said, the Bionic Arm increases Johnny's AP and Reaction Speed by 300%, so not only will Johnny be harder to kill, he'll be even harder to catch. He'll also have an even more accurate throw than he already has in his base form, which will benefit Johnny immensely, as he can throw the Bubble Love Gum into Gene's mouth and take the win.

I feel like Johnny is too powerful and resilient for Gene to put down. If this becomes a battle of stamina, Johnny would outlast as well. Johnny will definitely have a lot, and I mean a lot of trouble dealing with Gene's skill, versatility, and mobility, but I feel Johnny should win this 55%-60% of the time.

Johnny is pretty mobile himself. Acrobatics, Stealth Mastery, and Teleportation are just a few examples. His Turbo Action Backpack and Bionic Arm makes it even harder for Gene to hit Johnny, let alone kill him.
Eh, Gene's really good at using the smallest opportunities, and once again I seriously doubt Teleportation is something Johnny'll bring out too often.
Like Lemon said, the Bionic Arm increases Johnny's AP and Reaction Speed by 300%, so not only will Johnny be harder to kill, he'll be even harder to catch.
Hold on, that'd make him 8-A, that's gotta be banned
I feel like Johnny is too powerful and resilient for Gene to put down. If this becomes a battle of stamina, Johnny would outlast as well. Johnny will definitely have a lot, and I mean a lot of trouble dealing with Gene's skill, versatility, and mobility, but I feel Johnny should win this 55%-60% of the time.
Johnny has superior stamina but he's gonna be hit way more than Gene will so Gene should outlast. Not only that but I'd argue Gene is way better composed and handles pain better.

Eh, Gene's really good at using the smallest opportunities, and once again I seriously doubt Teleportation is something Johnny'll bring out too often.

Hold on, that'd make him 8-A, that's gotta be banned

Johnny has superior stamina but he's gonna be hit way more than Gene will so Gene should outlast.
1. You can say the same for Johnny. Johnny knows all of his equipment like the back of his hand. He knows how to use his equipment and creative ways, and use them to their fullest potential.

2. I thought that increases his throwing accuracy and reaction speed. I was going off of what Lemon said. It states in Johnny's profile that it made him better at dodgeball, so I assumed throwing accuracy and reaction speed. I don't think the Bionic Arm increases his AP.

3. Johnny has a ~3.2x AP advantage over Gene, Toon Force and Regeneration. Not to mention other hax that make him just as mobile as Gene. How is Gene outlasting Johnny when he's already having trouble taking down Johnny for good, and he has worse stamina than Johnny? Johnny can last hours-days in a fight, I don't see Johnny getting tired anytime soon.

Johnny would get most of the fight flying and shooting with a laser gun so he wouldn't get tired that much
Nah, the second Gene catches him he's gonna really lay the smackdown on him, my dude goes for the balls if he can, and he makes the longest combos he can
1. You can say the same for Johnny. Johnny knows all of his equipment like the back of his hand. He knows how to use his equipment and creative ways, and use them to their fullest potential.
Yes, but Gene is way more skilled and one of his many abilities is specifically countering enemies right as they're attacking
2. I thought that increases his throwing accuracy and reaction speed. I was going off of what Lemon said. It states in Johnny's profile that it made him better at dodgeball, so I assumed throwing accuracy and reaction speed. I don't think the Bionic Arm increases his AP.
You just said the opposite... Either way, increased reaction speed < increased speed, so Gene has the better amp here
3. Johnny has a ~3.2x AP advantage over Gene,
Smaller after Gene activates his amp
Toon Force
Gene has deadass fought people way weirder than Johnny. One of the bosses in God Hand is a crew of midgets with chipmunk voices that wear power ranger outfits and attack by doing circus acrobatic tricks, and they're not even in the top 3 weirdest
and Regeneration.
Inconsistent and arguably inferior to Gene's healing
Not to mention other hax that make him just as mobile as Gene.
But Gene still holds a huge advantage in skill.
How is Gene outlasting Johnny when he's already having trouble taking down Johnny for good, and he has worse stamina than Johnny? Johnny can last hours-days in a fight, I don't see Johnny getting tired anytime soon.
Not when he's constantly being beaten down. Also, Gene can use Daisy Cutter to make severely weakened enemies explode, or just cut off their heads with Head Slicer, he's got plenty of ways to get around stamina

Looking at the dodgeball episode, it actually increases Johnny's power by 3000%. Yep, get that outta here.

Nah, the second Gene catches him he's gonna really lay the smackdown on him, my dude goes for the balls if he can, and he makes the longest combos he can

Yes, but Gene is way more skilled and one of his many abilities is specifically countering enemies right as they're attacking

You just said the opposite... Either way, increased reaction speed < increased speed, so Gene has the better amp here

Smaller after Gene activates his amp

Gene has deadass fought people way weirder than Johnny. One of the bosses in God Hand is a crew of midgets with chipmunk voices that wear power ranger outfits and attack by doing circus acrobatic tricks, and they're not even in the top 3 weirdest

Inconsistent and arguably inferior to Gene's healing

But Gene still holds a huge advantage in skill.

Not when he's constantly being beaten down. Also, Gene can use Daisy Cutter to make severely weakened enemies explode, or just cut off their heads with Head Slicer, he's got plenty of ways to get around stamina
I'll respond to all of this later, as I'm still in school.

Back