• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 2, Match 4: Gene vs Johnny Test (7-0-1)

First Key Gene vs Base Johnny

Johnny has access to the following equipment
  • Laser guns
  • Turbo Action Backpack
  • Saturday Repeater Machine
  • Collars and Belts
  • Static Animator
  • Bubble Love Gum
Speed is equalized

Tournament Hub

Fight takes place in The Game Area

Gene: 7 (EliminatorVenom, Popted2, Armorchompy, JustANormalLemon, Bruhtelho, Veloxt1r0kore, Sonicflare9)

Johnny:

Incon: 1 (RandomGuy2345)

Last edited:
So... I'm almost sure he is power + skill stomped, not even toon force, regen or any other of his base powers would help him a lot here

I can do the whole skill debate thing if needed (look at his intelligence section for some stuff) but Gene is an infinitely more skilled and versatile fighter, not only that but he has a very overwhelming fighting style so "Johnny realizes he's losing and uses his hax" is relatively unlikely to happen. Simultaneously he's incredibly slippery, he's very fast on his feet so hitting him is just as hard as not being hit is.

Furthermore he can amp his strength and speed significantly if Johnny manages to resist, or bust out moves that are a lot more powerful than his average attack for the KO blow.

Also I actually think Johnny's causality manipulation should be revised, maybe intangibility too and I promise that's not just cause my character is up against him

I can do the whole skill debate thing if needed (look at his intelligence section for some stuff) but Gene is an infinitely more skilled and versatile fighter, not only that but he has a very overwhelming fighting style so "Johnny realizes he's losing and uses his hax" is relatively unlikely to happen. Simultaneously he's incredibly slippery, he's very fast on his feet so hitting him is just as hard as not being hit is.

Furthermore he can amp his strength and speed significantly if Johnny manages to resist, or bust out moves that are a lot more powerful than his average attack for the KO blow.

Also I actually think Johnny's causality manipulation should be revised, maybe intangibility too and I promise that's not just cause my character is up against him
agreed

Also, Gene definitely takes this matchup without much difficulty.

I don't think Johnny should have all of his equipment (because that'd be a stomp likely), but can we at least give Johnny some of his equipment?

... I feel like Johnny with his equipment is way haxier than some characters who were not allowed in the tournament

Low-High is a huge boon in a fight if it's fast, just not unsurmountable. But imagine hitting a guy in the chest with a hammer, his ribs shatter but ten seconds later he's fighting at full force again. Terrifying

agreed, he shouldn't have all of his equipament
Here's the issue tho, how do you choose what equipment is fine or isn't fine to use? Like, I feel like it's just kinda arbitrary and at a certain point you're just kinda fixing the match's result in one direction or the other

... I feel like Johnny with his equipment is way haxier than some characters who were not allowed in the tournament
Johnny shouldn't have all of his equipment. Some of his more powerful hax (I.E. Time Stop and Morality Manip) should be removed.

I'll look over Johnny's profile when I get home and decide what equipment should be restricted.

I'll look over Johnny's profile when I get home and decide what equipment should be restricted.
I mean, refer to my post above, no offense I'm not accusing you of anything but no matter what manually choosing the equipment based on who he's fighting kinda means fixing the match- Not even necessarily in Johnny's favor, just in general

Low-High is a huge boon in a fight if it's fast, just not unsurmountable. But imagine hitting a guy in the chest with a hammer, his ribs shatter but ten seconds later he's fighting at full force again. Terrifying
Low-high is when you regen from a drop of blood right, what regen is when you regen from atoms?

I mean, refer to my post above, no offense I'm not accusing you of anything but no matter what manually choosing the equipment based on who he's fighting kinda means fixing the match- Not even necessarily in Johnny's favor, just in general
Manually choosing the equipment to make sure the fight isn't a stomp I feel like shouldn't be too hard to do.

I can list off all of the hax Johnny has with equipment, and then we can all decide what equipment will be too much.

Manually choosing the equipment to make sure the fight isn't a stomp I feel like shouldn't be too hard to do.

I can list off all of the hax Johnny has with equipment, and then we can all decide what equipment will be too much.
I dunno, personally I think it's kinda weird, like in the end if we set it up in a way that's perfectly even there's no possible way to not get an Incon, so the debate wouldn't really be about the fight itself but about setting up the fight

I dunno, personally I think it's kinda weird, like in the end if we set it up in a way that's perfectly even there's no possible way to not get an Incon, so the debate wouldn't really be about the fight itself but about setting up the fight
I'm not saying the match is going to be even, I'm saying we should remove the hax that can't be used due to tournament rules.

Here's all of them:

1. Energy Projection (with laser guns)
2. Hair Manip with Hairdo Ray and Hair Tonic X300
3. Type 1 Underwater Breathing with Ray
4. Size Manip with Shrink Ray
5. Flight with the Turbo Action Backpack
6. Time Travel with the Turbo Teahouse Time Machine and Sonic Super Scooter (nicknamed "Scoots")
7. Time Manip and Memory Manip with Turbo Time Rewinder
8. Time Manip with Saturday Repeater Machine
9. Time Stop with Time Stopping Stop Watch
10. Mind Manip with Mind Controlling Collars and Belts
11. Possession with Mega Action Game Controller
12. Life Manip with Static Animator
13. Transmutation with Bubble Love Gum
14. Statistics Amplification with Super Strength Milkshake, Super Smarty Pants, and Bionic Arm
15. Earth Manip with Atomic Earth Dozer
16. Resurrection with Replenish Ray
17. Duplication with Clone Hopper
18. Invisibility with Electric Chromatic Blanket
19. Paralysis Inducement with Paralysis Gas Breath Spray
20. Gravity Manip with Magnetic Device
21. Sleep Manip with Smelly Perfume and The Supreme Dream Machine
22. Subjective Reality
23. Morality Manip with Attitude Alternator

Here's all of them:

1. Energy Projection (with laser guns)
yeah sure
2. Hair Manip with Hairdo Ray and Hair Tonic X300
i think?
3. Type 1 Underwater Breathing with Ray
sure lol
4. Size Manip with Shrink Ray
no
5. Flight with the Turbo Action Backpack
sure
6. Time Travel with the Turbo Teahouse Time Machine and Sonic Super Scooter (nicknamed "Scoots")
7. Time Manip and Memory Manip with Turbo Time Rewinder
8. Time Manip with Saturday Repeater Machine
9. Time Stop with Time Stopping Stop Watch
10. Mind Manip with Mind Controlling Collars and Belts
11. Possession with Mega Action Game Controller
12. Life Manip with Static Animator
13. Transmutation with Bubble Love Gum
no
14. Statistics Amplification with Super Strength Milkshake, Super Smarty Pants, and Bionic Arm
how strong?
15. Earth Manip with Atomic Earth Dozer
maybe?
16. Resurrection with Replenish Ray
no
17. Duplication with Clone Hopper
18. Invisibility with Electric Chromatic Blanket
probably not
19. Paralysis Inducement with Paralysis Gas Breath Spray
20. Gravity Manip with Magnetic Device
21. Sleep Manip with Smelly Perfume and The Supreme Dream Machine
22. Subjective Reality
23. Morality Manip with Attitude Alternator
no

Hair Manip, Earth Manip, and Underwater Breathing are useless in this fight. Let me just get those out of the way.

I agree on Size Manip being removed.

Time Travel is kinda useless, except for maybe the Scooter. There's a Mach 5 setting on the Scooter. But the setting was too unstable, and it ended up destroying Porkbelly, and sending Johnny and Dukey into the future. So yeah, removing Time Travel.

The Turbo Time Rewinder can pause or rewind someone for up to 5 minutes. If they're rewinded, they forget everything that happened for however long they were rewinded for. If Gene were to get rewinded for up to 3 minutes, he'd forget everything that happened in those 3 minutes. The limit is 5 minutes. This one's kinda iffy. Johnny will have to do something to Gene in 5 minutes in order to win.

The Saturday Repeater Machine rewinds to the previous Saturday. This will, at best, make the matchup an Incon.

Time Stop is definitely OP. Only way Gene can counter this if he can snatch the watch out of Johnny's hand, or make physical contact with Johnny, as whoever is touching the person who has the watch won't be affected. Remove it, unless you can make a argument for Gene countering it.

Mind Manip requires Johnny to get up close to Gene. I don't know much about Gene, so not sure if this is possible.

Possession should probably be taken out.

Life Manip can make any inanimate object become alive. This can be used to distract Gene. I don't think this is a definite win con for Johnny, so it should be fine to use.

Transmutation requires Johnny to put the gum in the opponent's mouth. This can be done, as Johnny was able throw a lozenge in Bling-Bling Boy's mouth, and he popped 2 water balloons with a badge while blind. I feel like this one should fine to use, but if it has to be removed, then so be it.

Super Strength Milkshake increases Johnny's AP by 800%, which would make Johnny somewhere around mid level 8-A. Total stomp, and definitely should be removed. The Super Smarty Pants makes Johnny smarter than his sisters, who are supergeniuses. But Johnny will have a hard time trusting the pants, because the pants on numerous occasions, took over Johnny's mind. The Bionic Arm makes Johnny have faster reaction speed. I feel like the Bionic Arm should be just fine to use.

Replenish Ray has shown to bring back zombies from the dead. Don't think this should be added either.

Duplication takes time to work. Electro Chromatic Blanket can make Johnny invisible. I think Invisibility should be removed.

Paralysis Inducement works like a spray, so its close ranged. Johnny will have to get up close to use it. Should be fine to use.

Gravity Manip should definitely be removed.

Smelly Perfume requires Johnny to be up close as well, and it only knocks you out for 10 minutes, so Johnny will have to do something with Gene in 10 minutes. Should be okay. Supreme Dream Machine should be removed, though.

Subjective Reality can bring fictional characters to life. Should be removed in my opinion.

Morality Manip needs to go ASAP.

The Turbo Time Rewinder can pause or rewind someone for up to 5 minutes. If they're rewinded, they forget everything that happened for however long they were rewinded for. If Gene were to get rewinded for up to 3 minutes, he'd forget everything that happened in those 3 minutes. The limit is 5 minutes. This one's kinda iffy. Johnny will have to do something to Gene in 5 minutes in order to win.
That's a lot of time to find some way to easily win, I think it's too OP
The Saturday Repeater Machine rewinds to the previous Saturday. This will, at best, make the matchup an Incon.
Eh, ig
Time Stop is definitely OP. Only way Gene can counter this if he can snatch the watch out of Johnny's hand, or make physical contact with Johnny, as whoever is touching the person who has the watch won't be affected. Remove it, unless you can make a argument for Gene countering it.
I doubt it, not beyond sheer luck at least
Mind Manip requires Johnny to get up close to Gene. I don't know much about Gene, so not sure if this is possible.
Gene basically only uses H2H if you get it so remove it imo
Life Manip can make any inanimate object become alive. This can be used to distract Gene. I don't think this is a definite win con for Johnny, so it should be fine to use.
Probably
Transmutation requires Johnny to put the gum in the opponent's mouth. This can be done, as Johnny was able throw a lozenge in Bling-Bling Boy's mouth, and he popped 2 water balloons with a badge while blind. I feel like this one should fine to use, but if it has to be removed, then so be it.
Gene can dodge that
Super Strength Milkshake increases Johnny's AP by 800%, which would make Johnny somewhere around mid level 8-A. Total stomp, and definitely should be removed. The Super Smarty Pants makes Johnny smarter than his sisters, who are supergeniuses. But Johnny will have a hard time trusting the pants, because the pants on numerous occasions, took over Johnny's mind. The Bionic Arm makes Johnny have faster reaction speed. I feel like the Bionic Arm should be just fine to use.
How much faster? Although it is probably fine cause Gene can just more than match it with a speed amp
Electro Chromatic Blanket can make Johnny invisible. I think Invisibility should be removed.
I agree
Paralysis Inducement works like a spray, so its close ranged. Johnny will have to get up close to use it. Should be fine to use.
Eh, sprays are basically impossible to dodge at close range
Smelly Perfume requires Johnny to be up close as well, and it only knocks you out for 10 minutes, so Johnny will have to do something with Gene in 10 minutes. Should be okay.
Heck no, that's virtually an auto-win for Johnny, 10 minutes is an eternity of time to deal with someone who's comparable to you

Back