• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 2, Match 2: Ken Kaneki vs Ashen One

I just want to mention even a bonefire is broken the Ashen One can still travel and use them (resurrect from them), so breaking the bonefire doesn’t get past the type 8.

And restraining the Ashen One doesn’t work, he can think and return to the bonefire via the curse.

So this seems like a massive stomp.

Last edited:
What is basic type 8 immortality and can Kaneki even get past that?
short answere no

and type 8 is whats called reliant immortality the most basic one is having your being linked to an item say a seal as long as said seal is in tact you cannot die unless your opponent can bypass type 8 or destroy your soul

ashen one has a pretty good type 8 as he is linked to the first flame and as long as it burns he simply will never die and the first flame is locked away in the future so the only thing is to wait for it to go out by it self destroying the soul won't do a thing here since ashen on doesn't have one due to being hollow.

I know the Ashe One’s immortality. I was asking the other person what they thought basic type 8 is since I don’t think type 8 could ever be considered basic.

Isn’t that the basis of type 8, you are linked to something. Even if you are linked to an object the large majority of the time those objects are cartoonishly far away or hard to get to. I won’t call it basic, just a bit easier to get around in specific scenarios.

Last edited:
"The Ashen One resurrects at the nearest Bonfire."

This was a quote from @XSOULOFCINDERX in the Ashen One vs Gaara match. It seems that Ashen's Resurrection is heavily dependent on the location.

This fight takes place in Tokyo, so how long will it take for Ashen to resurrect?

What? I'm talking about the Ashen one being BFR whem killed, sinse they ressurect next to his last bonfire, without one near he juste BFR himself
That's still OP asf for the tournament.

Every time you die, you self BFR yourself to a bonfire and get stronger.

It's... Not, he can use the ability, It's just the place the battle tales place don't let him use it in a advantageous way, sinse thers no bonfire around
It is though the bonfire is in darksouls world which means he can't make use of it in this battle. Also he has dimensional travel how does that works

It is though the bonfire is in darksouls world which means he can't make use of it in this battle. Also he has dimensional travel how does that works
If he can't use beacuse of the place the battle takes place it isn't against the rules

I don't know about darke souls tô explain dimensional travel, I'm just here to explain that bonfire ressurection

Restricting abilities because of location is not allowed either
It's not restricting, he just can't use, like putting a water bender in a desert without water(this would led to stomps in this case but tecnically is allowed) unless you can show me where it is written that the environment cannot hinder the use of powers for one of the fighters

If this is true doesn't that invalidate the match with garaa since in that it was assumed his type 8 will work

No you can restrict powers that are location based. The Saltborn resurrects due to a island but that island attacks the souls and minds of anyone on it, so the Saltborn matches almost never happen on the island because the location stomps majority of their opponents.

Though I thought the Ashen One resurrects at the broken bonefire. I know in Dark Souls 1 when the first bonefire stops working you can still resurrect at it as long as you don’t rest at another bonefire. And in Dark Souls 3 you can travel to broken bonefires, you just can’t rest at them.

No you can restrict powers that are location based. The Saltborn resurrects due to a island but that island attacks the souls and minds of anyone on it, so the Saltborn matches almost never happen on the island because the location stomps majority of their opponents.

Though I thought the Ashen One resurrects at the broken bonefire. I know in Dark Souls 1 when the first bonefire stops working you can still resurrect at it as long as you don’t rest at another bonefire. And in Dark Souls 3 you can travel to broken bonefires, you just can’t rest at them.
So he can still ressurect and come back (he does have dimensional travel so if he can't come back on his own he can use it)?

So he can still ressurect and come back (he does have dimensional travel so if he can't come back on his own he can use it)?
yes, i just assumed that he would be to far away to come back... as I said I don't know how his dimensional travel works to say if It would help him come back

The dimensional travel comes from invasions, I don’t think it works with bonefires. Though you can travel to the end of time, from a point in time that isn’t the end, with a bonefire during the dlc. Also I think you can chose to invade specific people in DS3, and at the very least npcs invade specific places in Dark Souls 1.

I just want to mention even a bonefire is broken the Ashen One can still travel and use them (resurrect from them), so breaking the bonefire doesn’t get past the type 8.

And restraining the Ashen One doesn’t work, he can think and return to the bonefire via the curse.

So this seems like a massive stomp.
This might be a stomp.

The dimensional travel comes from invasions, I don’t think it works with bonefires. Though you can travel to the end of time, from a point in time that isn’t the end, with a bonefire during the dlc. Also I think you can chose to invade specific people in DS3, and at the very least npcs invade specific places in Dark Souls 1.
I think this is enough to return back

Back