• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 2, Match 2: Ken Kaneki vs Ashen One

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
The 2nd matchup of the 2nd round of the 8-B tournament!

Ken Kaneki (Sero) vs Ashen One (XSOULOFCINDERX)

Post Cochlea Kaneki and Beginning of Game Ashen will be used.

Speed is equalized.

Fight takes place in Tokyo.

Kaneki:

Ashen: 8 (XSOULOFCINDERX, LordGinSama, Rez, Sir_sun_man, jamesthetaker, Popted2, Veloxt1r0kore, Harith0Cell)

OIP.S9JS0_fArKw_XmdpNpvuHAHaEl

OIP.PZ_zwBS8K8E5bMYtYzhnCwHaKn

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

Last edited:
So I found out that Dark Souls 8-Bs are in the 50-ish Ton Range scaling from the Curse-rotted Greatwood so they're pretty dead center of 8-B. What does Kaneki scale to?

So I found out that Dark Souls 8-Bs are in the 50-ish Ton Range scaling from the Curse-rotted Greatwood so they're pretty dead center of 8-B. What does Kaneki scale to?
Based on this, Eto did a 17.4 tons feat and Kaneki was able to tear her Kakuja in a single attack. It's should be noted that Kakuja are basically armor that increases their durability so he would scales above said feat.

In that case, this should be even easier than the fight against Gaara since Gaara was casually stronger than Kaneki's Feat and his sand could somewhat keep up with someone who could literally Blitz him, so Kaneki isn't anything new compared to Gaara or really most of the Stuff the Ashen One has dealt with at this point. That Class M is gonna be really annoying if the Ashen One tries to use the Dark Hand, but all their other Hax should still be Viable, especially stuff like Invisibility, Freezing, Homing Attacks, Fire, Dura Neg against Shields (not sure if Kaneki has any shields but still), Acid, Poison, Shockwaves, Healing, Summons, etc.

In that case, this should be even easier than the fight against Gaara since Gaara was casually stronger than Kaneki's Feat and his sand could somewhat keep up with someone who could literally Blitz him, so Kaneki isn't anything new compared to Gaara or really most of the Stuff the Ashen One has dealt with at this point. That Class M is gonna be really annoying if the Ashen One tries to use the Dark Hand, but all their other Hax should still be Viable, especially stuff like Invisibility, Freezing, Homing Attacks, Fire, Dura Neg against Shields (not sure if Kaneki has any shields but still), Acid, Poison, Shockwaves, Healing, Summons, etc.
Kaneki has Low-mid regen, RPL, Type 2 Immortality, Resistance to Pain, Analytical Prediction, Enhance Senses, among more.

I don't think this will be as easy as you think.

Kaneki has Low-mid regen, RPL, Type 2 Immortality, Resistance to Pain, Analytical Prediction, Enhance Senses, among more.

I don't think this will be as easy as you think.
Type 2 isn't anything special, literally everyone in Dark Souls has that so that's nothing new. That Regen is annoying but not that difficult to overcome. Kaneki's only real advantage imo is his Analytical Prediction and Limited Power Mimicry which will allow him to copy the Ashen One's Fighting Style but aside from that, I still think the Ashen One has far more advantages in this confrontation. Plus, if Kaneki could destroy Eto's Armor shit with an unquantifiable Strength Difference then Ashen One's 3.46× Superior AP is gonna hit like a truck.

Type 2 isn't anything special, literally everyone in Dark Souls has that so that's nothing new. That Regen is annoying but not that difficult to overcome. Kaneki's only real advantage imo is his Analytical Prediction and Limited Power Mimicry which will allow him to copy the Ashen One's Fighting Style but aside from that, I still think the Ashen One has far more advantages in this confrontation. Plus, if Kaneki could destroy Eto's Armor shit with an unquantifiable Strength Difference then Ashen One's 3.46× Superior AP is gonna hit like a truck.
Kaneki can get stronger due to RPL and Statistics Amplifications.

Kaneki can get stronger due to RPL and Statistics Amplifications.
I mean can he close a 3.46× Gap before the Ashen One uses their massive arsenal to slaughter him? Especially since from what I can tell, Kaneki broke through Eto's Kakuja or whatever it's called with an Unquantifiable AP Advantage, so what's stopping the Ashen One from doing the same with a nearly 4× Advantage that they can further buff with Abilities like Warcry which can stun Kaneki if AO is in Kaneki's Face when they use it? Not to mention all the Hax I mentioned earlier.

Tell me about his invisibility, does it mask only his visual presence? or does it also hide sound and smell?
I mean the Ashen One can hide their Footsteps at the same time but Smell has never been a thing focused on by Dark Souls Spells.

Those comments were made before the calc was finally accepted. Apparently they never actually concluded if it was usable or not.

I don’t know how fixing it would work. I’ll just comment on the blog to make it clear to new readers.

Anyways, even using the 45.83 end, the Ashen One still has a 2.63× AP Advantage which is still noteworthy enough for me to mention the Unquantifiable Gap that Kaneki used to tear through Eto.

Ok so made the comment, accidentally posted it as a reply to another comment and I have no clue how to delete it so, oops.

Ignoring that, I’ll just read how fast is Kaneki’s regeneration and does he have a way past resurrection. If he’s going for a knock out all I have to say is good luck because the Ashen can repeatedly be hit upside the head by a warhammer from someone stronger than himself and they never get close to falling unconscious. They consistently fight to the death.

Anyways, even using the 45.83 end, the Ashen One still has a 2.63× AP Advantage which is still noteworthy enough for me to mention the Unquantifiable Gap that Kaneki used to tear through Eto.
Kaneki scales above 17.4 tons, which means the AP difference is a bit less than 2.63x. Kaneki will now be even harder to kill.

Ah so his invisibility should not be to hard to get through thanks to Kanaki's Enhanced sense of smell, Good to know
Next.
, Freezing, Homing Attacks, Fire, Dura Neg against Shields (not sure if Kaneki has any shields but still), Acid, Poison, Shockwaves, Healing, Summons, etc.
-Freezing is a problem but i think he can break himself out the ice with his lifting strength.
-Homing attacks should be counterd by his extreme acrobatic ability.
-to what extent is his fire manip?, is it only physical attacks or does he have some ranged blaze stuff? (nevermind i saw the pyromanacy page. hmmmmm).
-it does not seem like he has dura negation in his standard equipment unless i accidently skipped it.
-I'm assuming Acid and poison are through potions and if so then Kanaki dodges.
-Shock waves interesting but it seems like it has a decent wind up before use, and considering Kaneki's a very agressive fighter, i doubt he's gonna get a chance to use it.
-Kanaki has regen negation, but maybe it doesn't work on potions....how do they work?
-Ooooo Summons, the summons don't seem to have a page or any information really on them...can you find me a link to them?
(This is my first time seriously debating so excuse if i made some errors along the way-)

Just a reminder the Ashen One also upscales from his feat, he gets stronger throughout the beginning game by devouring souls and the Tree is a very early boss. Also if we follow Skyrim and Demon Soul’s logic the Ashen One would actually be 90 tons because he would have the tree’s power plus his own because he could kill the tree then stole its soul for power. Though that would need to be its own thread. For now just know the Ashen One upscales.

I'm assuming Acid and poison are through potions and if so then Kanaki dodges.”

They’re through spells and they are AoE clouds. Granted not big clouds, but it isn’t as bad as throwing a potion.

Freezing is a problem but i think he can break himself out the ice with his lifting strength.”

That’s not how freezing works on this site, nor in darks souls or real life. Freezing kills you by stopping your internal processes as they, well, freeze and stop working.

Ah so his invisibility should not be to hard to get through thanks to Kanaki's Enhanced sense of smell, Good to know
Next.

-Freezing is a problem but i think he can break himself out the ice with his lifting strength.

-Homing attacks should be counterd by his extreme acrobatic ability.
-to what extent is his fire manip?, is it only physical attacks or does he have some ranged blaze stuff? (nevermind i saw the pyromanacy page. hmmmmm).
-it does not seem like he has dura negation in his standard equipment unless i accidently skipped it.
-I'm assuming Acid and poison are through potions and if so then Kanaki dodges.
-Shock waves interesting but it seems like it has a decent wind up before use, and considering Kaneki's a very agressive fighter, i doubt he's gonna get a chance to use it.
-Kanaki has regen negation, but maybe it doesn't work on potions....how do they work?
-Ooooo Summons, the summons don't seem to have a page or any information really on them...can you find me a link to them?
(This is my first time seriously debating so excuse if i made some errors along the way-)
The Dark Drift (Dura Neg against Shields) is in the Optional Equipment which I'm assuming we're using since the Ashen One only has Basic Melee Weapons and Healing Spells.

The Summons are more so Spells that summon shit to use as Projectiles.

The Summons are more so Spells that summon shit to use as Projectiles.
Ooooh okay, then Etherial blades kaneki is going to have to dodge, if there just regular swords then his regen should do it's work.
Lions spirit.....so can you hurt the lion or is it intangible-
The fudge is a Valor heart-
Insect swarm is worring but kaneki should be able to swat them away and if not then regen

@RandomGuy2345 Are we allowing optional equipment and if so how much of it?
Optional equipment can be used if the OP states in the rules of the versus matchup that optional equipment is allowed.

Optional equipment is allowed. IIRC, Ashen only has a limited amount of abilities in his 8-B key.

They’re through spells and they are AoE clouds. Granted not big clouds, but it isn’t as bad as throwing a potion.
Ah.......okay that makes things more tricky. Is the cloud instantaneous or does it take time to spread out?

Back