• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 1, Match 7: Eda Clawthorne vs Gene (God Hand)

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
The 7th matchup in the 8-B tournament!

Eda Clawthorne (Adem_Warlock69) vs Gene (God Hand) (EliminatorVenom)

8-B keys will be used (obviously).

Speed is equalized.

Fight takes place in The Demon Realm.

Eda:

Gene: 8 (MaidRips, EliminatorVenom, Popted2, Armorchompy, Sonicflare9, Shizuka, BERRIES555, AbaddonTheDisappointment)

Incon:

R.80b27dda1c60b8cf255e165e6dab3388

R.1b0ba9d0a4b5a9e8ef84f5c00918b2e5

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

Last edited:
Is this 1 God Hand or 2 God Hands Gene? Either way he would likely mistake her for a demon and while Gene does have some respect for the demons he fights he does go all-out on them. Eda does have a x2 AP advantage but Gene one-shots her since she's 9-A physically. What's her deal in battle?

Is this 1 God Hand or 2 God Hands Gene? Either way he would likely mistake her for a demon and while Gene does have some respect for the demons he fights he does go all-out on them. Eda does have a x2 AP advantage but Gene one-shots her since she's 9-A physically. What's her deal in battle?
What's the difference between 1 God Hand Gene and 2 God Hand Gene?

I don't have much knowledge on these characters, so don't judge.

What's the difference between 1 God Hand Gene and 2 God Hand Gene?

I don't have much knowledge on these characters, so don't judge.
No problem, it's a somewhat obscure game after all so it's normal.

2 God Hands has significantly higher AP, can fire off his energy projectiles much faster, has some very minor Berserk Mode and most importantly, can Seal people. Considering he only did it to the final boss after weakening him greatly he either needs to weaken enemies before doing it or doesn't do it before a fight in-character.

EDIT: Amping himself by releasing the God Hand is something he can do in the first key too

No problem, it's a somewhat obscure game after all so it's normal.

2 God Hands has significantly higher AP, can fire off his energy projectiles much faster, has some very minor Berserk Mode and most importantly, can Seal people. Considering he only did it to the final boss after weakening him greatly he either needs to weaken enemies before doing it or doesn't do it before a fight in-character.

EDIT: Amping himself by releasing the God Hand is something he can do in the first key too
Then I'll keep Gene at 1 God Hand.

So, somewhat telegraphed but also somewhat AOE spells when she's not going all-out? Most of Gene's enemies fight at close range but he's fought plenty of bosses with dangerous long range attacks and even defeated some witches himself. She also seems to do a lot of CQC which might be her downfall, Gene is incredibly skilled and excels in making use of the smallest opportunity.

So, somewhat telegraphed but also somewhat AOE spells when she's not going all-out? Most of Gene's enemies fight at close range but he's fought plenty of bosses with dangerous long range attacks and even defeated some witches himself. She also seems to do a lot of CQC which might be her downfall, Gene is incredibly skilled and excels in making use of the smallest opportunity.
IDK, just shoing the feats, I don't know a lot about OH, istill havent seen it

That's a bit too out of context for me to get much from it but I appreciate it. To keep things fair I've got a bunch of videos linked on Gene's profile but they don't really show what God Hand gameplay looks like so here's some high-level gameplay to give you an idea of how smooth everything he does is. Keep in mind you can customize moves as you want so Gene can do all of this stuff with extreme fluidity as he pleases.

That's a bit too out of context for me to get much from it but I appreciate it. To keep things fair I've got a bunch of videos linked on Gene's profile but they don't really show what God Hand gameplay looks like so here's some high-level gameplay. Keep in mind you can customize moves as you want so Gene can do all of this stuff with extreme fluidity as he pleases.
He seems to go for H2H/CQC combat. I'm pretty sure Eda can use her range to avoid those attacks.

Keep in mind that Gene needs one good shot to kill Eda. She only has 9-A durability.

He seems to go for H2H/CQC combat. I'm pretty sure Eda can use her range to avoid those attacks.

Keep in mind that Gene needs one good shot to kill Eda. She only has 9-A durability.
she also has seen to use portals to reflect atacks in battle and use force fields to protect from atacks, so one shot still isn't as consistent becuse of here force fields

He is mostly H2H but he does have a few ranged attacks, Shaolin Blast, La Bomba, La Bomba 2, Shockwave, Wild Pitch, plus he can heal himself with Enlightenment/Zen Revival so just wearing him down isn't gonna work, keep in mind he's great at dodging.

Also if he finds it necessary Gene can remove his Deistic Brace and unleash the God Hand for a significant speed boost.

That's a bit too out of context for me to get much from it but I appreciate it. To keep things fair I've got a bunch of videos linked on Gene's profile but they don't really show what God Hand gameplay looks like so here's some high-level gameplay to give you an idea of how smooth everything he does is. Keep in mind you can customize moves as you want so Gene can do all of this stuff with extreme fluidity as he pleases.
Armor: "Here's video of high-level gameplay"
Beggining of the video: "Crouch dance against monster"

Looking at Eda's profile, she can swap bodies with Gene (Possession). That could potentially be a win con...
She likely wouldn't use that in combat and it was really only used in one episode from what I remember. Besides, it occurred when the characters she swapped with were right next to her. If she can get that close it's likely she'd already be dead

Anyway, with magic Eda usually tries to take her opponent with hax and defeat as quickly as possible or being quite cocky. Mostly first since her fighting style being cocky or serious was against sister as far as I was in Season 1 of OH.
Looking at Eda's profile, she can swap bodies with Gene (Possession). That could potentially be a win con...
Body swap could work if there's someone around, not necessarily human's body. Demonstration btw:

I mean outside of transmutation and maybe astral projection i don't see much hax in her profile
Ah well at best her only other hax is her powernull and deconstruction. Those basically just lock their opponent in place, null all their magic, and slowly decay them overtime though she would die also if she played that.

I see. The way I see it if she's winning, she will probably not use it, and if she's losing that probably means she's taken a hit, so she's dead. Is that correct?

Also I just realized this is the character a significant amount of my friends thirst over
Pretty much. She's either winning and won't use it or she'll use it as a last resort if she realizes nothing else works

Also it do be like that lol. The Owl House fandom is either people shipping characters or just simps for Eda and Lilith

Back