• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 1 Match 4: Ashen One vs Gaara (Naruto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Until Sero switches his character, I'm starting the 4th matchup of the 8-B tournament!

Ashen One (XSOULOFCINDERX) vs Gaara (Naruto) (Bernkastell)

8-B keys will be used (obviously)

Speed is equalized.

Fight takes place in Land of Sound.

Gaara:

Ashen One: 6 (XSOULOFCINDERX, NomsNoms, Popted2, UchihaSlayer96, Shizuka, Vizer04)

OIP.mU53KcXBHsyWdPz3D7hOZwHaFj

OIP.gZeor2Bs88DhY8jISrsapQHaEK

Last edited:
I don't really have knowledge in Ashen One, how can Ashe One bypass Gaara sand shields that works automatic? also, Gaara lifting strength with Sand is higher than Ashen One, which means that if Gaara tries to crush Ashen One, which is something that Gaara does in character, Ashen One won't survive, but he has ressurection, how does it works?

I don't really have knowledge in Ashen One, how can Ashe One bypass Gaara sand shields that works automatic? also, Gaara lifting strength with Sand is higher than Ashen One, which means that if Gaara tries to crush Ashen One, which is something that Gaara does in character, Ashen One won't survive, but he has ressurection, how does it works?
I don't know, tbh. Should probably wait for XSOULOFCINDERX to give his opinion.

The Ashen One resurrects at the nearest Bonfire and since the fight takes place in Firelink Shrine, they pretty much Respawn back in the fight a few seconds after they die.

As for getting past the sand, it depends on where we assume Early Game ends because they might have Acquired Dark Drift by now which Dura Negs Shields and does the same damage against the opponent as they would if they didn't block so Gaara's Sand Armor would be worthless thanks to that. I know the Ashen One has Poisonous Gas they can use at this point as well that they get really early on. They can also Camouflage themselves as an object in the surrounding area for sneak attacks and if they can actually manage to get through Gaara's sand they can use their Dark Hand to steal his Soul and heal themselves with it. There's more but I need to recheck the Ashen One's Profile to make sure I remember everything correctly.

I decided not to make the bracket (waaayy too time consuming), but just know that Enid Mettle and Optimus Prime will be facing off in the 2nd round, and the Sung Jin-Woo vs Kanoh Agito matchup has been put on hold until Sero switches his character.

I decided not to make the bracket (waaayy too time consuming), but just know that Enid Mettle and Optimus Prime will be facing off in the 2nd round, and the Sung Jin-Woo vs Kanoh Agito matchup has been put on hold until Sero switches his character.
you can put the bracket in the main thread

Gaara's sand can reach several kilometers. I'm pretty sure that range is good enough to catch Ashen, even if he can't see him.
I don't think it even matters thanks to the Ashen One's Resurrection and sheer Versatility. He can't keep the Ashen One down permanently and Gaara will eventually run out of Chakra and Stamina while the Ashen One has practically infinite stamina and respawns. I also can't see what's stopping the Ashen One from Freezing Gaara's Sand with the Irithyll Straight Sword and Snap Freeze and then just pounding Gaara's face in with everything else.

Alright. 2 options here:

1. XSOULOFCINDERX has to switch to a character that's weaker.
or
2. Bernkastelll switches her character for someone who is a bit stronger.

I recommend that Bern switches her character. SOUL has said that Ashen doesn't have all the abilities listed in his 8-B form, so I think Bern should switch Gaara for someone a bit stronger that can put up a fight against Ashen.

Alright. 2 options here:

1. XSOULOFCINDERX has to switch to a character that's weaker.
or
2. Bernkastelll switches her character for someone who is a bit stronger.

I recommend that Bern switches her character. SOUL has said that Ashen doesn't have all the abilities listed in his 8-B form, so I think Bern should switch Gaara for someone a bit stronger that can put up a fight against Ashen.
wait Bern is a woman?

I don't think it even matters thanks to the Ashen One's Resurrection and sheer Versatility. He can't keep the Ashen One down permanently and Gaara will eventually run out of Chakra and Stamina while the Ashen One has practically infinite stamina and respawns. I also can't see what's stopping the Ashen One from Freezing Gaara's Sand with the Irithyll Straight Sword and Snap Freeze and then just pounding Gaara's face in with everything else.
And couldn't Gaara Just... Destroy the bonfire?

If isn't a chata ter that would afect the entiret of The turnament, the guy who stomped wins and the tounament continue (well... I would do like that)
I'm giving Bernkastelll some time to choose her character.

She chose Aqua from Konosuba, but I'm asking MidnightDawn1 (he's very knowledgeable on the Konosuba verse) if it's okay if Aqua can be used. Still waiting for a response.

It's not just "a campfire with a sword in it", it's powered by a Tier 4 Power Source in the form of the First Flame.
Ok, but fisicaly is just a Camp fire with a sword, is there any evidence that they are more durable than a bonfire with a sword in it in game? (outside of the player attacking her, of course, as it could just be game mechanics they don't break)

Ok, but fisicaly is just a Camp fire with a sword, is there any evidence that they are more durable than a bonfire with a sword in it in game? (outside of the player attacking her, of course, as it could just be game mechanics they don't break)
What? It's the same sword the Soul of Cinder uses in the Boss Fight at the end of the game. Don't know how much more clear this can get. It literally pulls it out of the Bonfire to use as a weapon and it magically reappears back in the bonfire when it dies.

Isn't the Ashen One's resurrection limited to the bonfire managing to spawn him back?

I mean, if that's the issue, I don't see the problem of making the bonfire reside in another dimension or something.

I... Wouldn't call Dark Souls' bonfires "campfires with swords". Abnormal capabilities notwithstanding, which are repeatedly acknowledged by everyone, bonfires exist and stay functional in areas that suffer immense devastation and destruction. The Kiln of the First Flame is the first example that comes to mind.

Isn't the Ashen One's resurrection limited to the bonfire managing to spawn him back?

I mean, if that's the issue, I don't see the problem of making the bonfire reside in another dimension or something.

I... Wouldn't call Dark Souls' bonfires "campfires with swords". Abnormal capabilities notwithstanding, which are repeatedly acknowledged by everyone, bonfires exist and stay functional in areas that suffer immense devastation and destruction. The Kiln of the First Flame is the first example that comes to mind.
The Kiln of the First Flame basically got nuked when the Chosen Undead revitalized it back in Dark Souls 1, so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back