• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 1, Match 1: Enid Mettle vs Steve (Minecraft)

Oh man, I got here too late. (I had to go to sleep immediately after I posted this) I think I still have the opportunity to cast the vote, at least!

I've read the debate thus far, and I mostly agree with all the conclusions and really liked how they progressed. In fact, I'd like to congratulate them for being so civil about this.

Some extra points I'd like to make for Steve, however, while keeping in mind I know very little about OK K.O., so I can't make the same extra points for them:
  • After playing Minecraft for a bit and seeing some speedruns over the years, I'd conclude that while Steve really is the inferior in martial combat than most characters with the sword, really (He isn't that bad but he's pretty bare-bones), and Enid is a great one, the way Steve usually fights is really, really strange. Speedbuilding has so many frankly stupid ways of being applied that it requires a wholly different set of skills when fighting against him. I'll grant that, however, Enid's teleportation is a boon in this. Many of the most ridiculous techniques (The possibilities of leaf blocks, shears, TNT, buckets of lava, minecarts, mine tracks and a Punch bow are ridiculous) could be countered with Enid using her teleportation in a savvy way.
  • As remarked before in the thread, I agree on banning the Potions of Harming, even if all the others were allowed. They would be stomp-ish due to how overpowered they are.
  • I'd say that Enid dodging the splash potions wouldn't be as easy as believed. She'd see an object being thrown, and unless most of the time her answer to such an obstacle is a teleportation, she would most likely dodge, and these potions explode in a AOE effect. Granted, after the first one she'd try to teleport, considering she'd most likely see how it worked, but that's a thing to think about.
  • Lastly, I'd note that a great many of Steve's strengths come from knowing how the enemy fights and how it works. If they knew and had a set of strategies, especially with prep time, he could probably win this.
However, I fully agree with Enid's victory here. For me, she's a clear winner; even if taking into account the summons (Which are a bit unlikely, it's rare for me to see any player sumonning Iron Golems for any fight, even a difficult one) and all enchantments, it'll be a doozy for Steve. Her air manipulation screwing up the Elytra is another very good point.

Is your vote for Enid?
I think I want to wait a little bit longer before voting. Steve has interesting points, but I do think Enid has very solid win-cons.

Edit: It looks like this thread is coming to a conclusion, so I probably should pick. In that case, I will have to give it to Enid. Steve's potions ARE a big problem, but Enid has ways to avoid them. With her range she can already reach far as it is, so even if Steve were to try and fight from afar, she can counter that. But she's likely to quickly try and physically engage him, which is what puts her at a huge advantage. As she's able to freeze im, which is a solid win-con. If the battle dragged on for a long time she may get stressed which would cause her to use soul-manip as a solid win counter. If this thread continues on for longer, I'll retract my vote, and think for a longer period of time.

I just noticed this match probably can't be added due to the fact that Steve's enchantments were restricted. The Versus Thread Rules says: "It is not fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup, implicitly or expressly. Matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment."

I just noticed this match probably can't be added due to the fact that Steve's enchantments were restricted. The Versus Thread Rules says: "It is not fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup, implicitly or expressly. Matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment."
So we basically did all this debating for nothing??? Smh 🤦🏽‍♂️

Which enchantments would have turned the tables anyways?

Frankly speaking I didn't even notice they were restricted, and unless they would turn the tables in a way that would make him win, my vote stays the same

the enchantments don't change the result of this mathup, and steve don't have half of his stuff in his profile

Which enchantments would have turned the tables anyways?

Frankly speaking I didn't even notice they were restricted, and unless they would turn the tables in a way that would make him win, my vote stays the same
I don't know if these would completely turn the tables but the notable one I found were:
Fire Protection: gives Steve a resistance to Enid's most used form of attack.
Thorns: Has a chance to reflect some damage taken from an attack but lowers the armors durability.
All the other useful ones just raised Steve's attack a bit for certain weapons giving him a bigger AP advantage than he already had.

Enid has other forms of attacks besides fire. Thorns has a chance to reflect some of the damage so it might not be the most useful. Also I'm pretty sure it only affects the Armor so Steve's face could be vulnerable and Enid would still easily avoid the attacks from most of Steve's weapons. I still think Enid takes it with the enchantments. It will just be a bit harder.

I don't know if these would completely turn the tables but the notable one I found were:
Fire Protection: gives Steve a resistance to Enid's most used form of attack.
Thorns: Has a chance to reflect some damage taken from an attack but lowers the armors durability.
All the other useful ones just raised Steve's attack a bit for certain weapons giving him a bigger AP advantage than he already had.

Enid has other forms of attacks besides fire. Thorns has a chance to reflect some of the damage so it might not be the most useful. Also I'm pretty sure it only affects the Armor so Steve's face could be vulnerable and Enid would still easily avoid the attacks from most of Steve's weapons. I still think Enid takes it with the enchantments. It will just be a bit harder.
as I said, based in the debate we had, this wouldn't change the outcome

Back