• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 1, Match 1: Enid Mettle vs Steve (Minecraft)

Around several meters.
I understand... does she usually use this in character? if she takes too long to use steve he can create iron golems that would distract her from using it on him because they are physical attackers

if he has wither heads he could also create an either boss as a kamikaze attack...

Okay, I just read how her attacks work, so let's go

Soul absorption is apparently not usable in combat as she needs to be stressed (apparently from social anxiety) to use it and she doesn't seem to have control of this ability naturally.

Her multiple attacks seem to be long range, which is perfect for steve, the further away they are from each other the more weird techniques he can use against her, I've already commented on how he can identify which one is real using the spectral arrow and case she blocks with her leftover, the potion would only break and she would be hit by the potion's AOE depending on her distance from the shadow, Steve manages to fend off multiples of her attacks with her shield or fire resistance potion, wind manipulation her is a little different from what i thought, it should still hamper steve flying but not as much as they are just tornado hands, so they shouldn't have as much reach, if she uses ice blast on steve using the shield i can see him freezing her arms together, but even if she manages to do good damage to him, he will always have health and regeneration potions as well as golden apples to heal himself.

in the end, the longer she takes to defeat steve, the harder it will be for her to win, the ability to manipulate the terrain using blocks, flying, shooting potions, regeneration and creating iron golems to help him should be more than enough for steve to win, so in my opinion it all depends on which option steve will choose for combat, if he goes with the long game or goes after the opponent with his sword, if he plays the long game he wins, if he goes to up he loses
Point made, golly.

A good example of speed bridge

this is a technique that should not be considered game mechanics as this is something normal steve can do in the normal game and manipulate the terrain and something normal for minecraft survival (like making turrets to escape zombies for example) annihilation of the environment is so important to Steve that dungeons in minecraft have ways to try to prevent him from using this ability

I'm going to deep in this... omg

range of the tornado hands?
Tens of meters like most of her other stuff.
Floating blocks go BRRRRRRRR. and it depends on the material, he can use obsidian blocks for exemple if he has in his inventory
What do floating blocks do and how durable is Obsidian?
Agreed, but have you ever seen someone play minecraft bedwar? speed bridge wille fithing in a range battle is something steve can do (atrogh the potions could be eseasily dodge with replacement jutsus this would creat distance between the 2 of them)
Enid's Body replacement is basically teleportation. She would be able to get up to close again just fine.
I understand... does she usually use this in character? if she takes too long to use steve he can create iron golems that would distract her from using it on him because they are physical attackers
Its something that automatically activates when she gets too stressed. Enid would just freeze the Iron golems.

Last edited:
What do floating blocks do and how durable is Obsidian?
It is undamaged by charged creeper explosions
Tens of meters like most of her other stuff.
he can go hier
Enid's Body replacement is basically teleportation. She would be able to get up to close again just fine.
trow more potions so she goes away
Its something that automatically activates when she gets too stressed.
seens unlikely to happen giving the description of "streesed" in her profile
The Iron Golems can be frozen and incapacitated
Considering their strength and the knockback of his attacks, they should be able to break the ice and it would be difficult to immobilize them, even more depending on their number(which can grow quickly considering how fast Steve can place blocks)

iron golem profile

It is undamaged by charged creeper explosions
Which Enid scales above.
trow more potions so she goes away
Enid could just teleport to dodge the potions while still pressuring Steve.
he can go hier
He can go higher. Enid would likely make a tornado before he gets up to high.
seens unlikely to happen giving the description of "streesed" in her profile
I concede on that point.
Considering their strength and the knockback of his attacks, they should be able to break the ice and it would be difficult to immobilize them, even more depending on their number(which can grow quickly considering how fast Steve can place blocks)

iron golem profile
They don't have a resistance to ice manipulation so they can't break out of being frozen. It doesn't have anything to do with Ap.

This will most likely be my last post for tonight since I am incredibly tired. Good Night.

Which Enid scales above.
but no it's like she could break it in a single blow, what's her AP? (in numbers)
Enid could just teleport to dodge the potions while still pressuring Steve.
Lingering Potion keeps the potion's effect in place for a long period of time, if she tried to get close after he used one of these she would still get caught by the effect (if steve gets caught in the effect he would only need to drink milk to remove the effects)
He can go higher. Enid would likely make a tornado before he gets up to high.
Using fireworks he would probably be able to get out of range before being affected by the tornado hands, besides she would have to be careful with the iron golems that would probably already be done in this case and trying not to enter the area of effect of the Lingering Potions that had been been used previously
I concede on that point.
👌
They don't have a resistance to ice manipulation so they can't break out of being frozen. It doesn't have anything to do with Ap.
They can't resist, they're not organic and they're practically entirely made of iron, the ice could freeze their surface, but it's not like they can't just use force to break the ice, but you can say it can only try to run away from them and attack from a distance as they are slow.

the amount of stuff steve is putting her to worry about at the same time and what allows it all to be functional

I haven't even talked about crossbow fireworks or using TNT in combat or end crystals yet.

Alright, sorry for getting to this late. I should probably help Enid's case here.

For those who want to know how Enid's soul-absorption works, here's the episode where she uses it:

She states that when there are many people she gets stressed which causes her to do that. I would say it's fair to assume any type of stress would cause her to do this though. But I don't think it's quite in character for her to get easily stressed during combat. It would likely need to be prolonged for a fair amount of time before she resorted to it.

I also saw Enid's ice breath get brought up, and I'm not sure how it works on the wiki, but does being able to break out of ice involve lifting strength, or ice-manipulation resistance?

Another noteworthy technique is that Enid can create clones and in-character has done it to trick the opponent and avoid taking damage. She does so against Elodie in Season 1:

She could use this same technique to not only land attacks on Steve, but also avoid taking many hits from him.
She could avoid even more hits by using her technique to turn into a log which she frequently does in the series:

This would make it quite hard to hit her despite the equalization of speed if you ask me. Plus it enables her to land attacks more often than Steve would be able to given her Martial Arts training. Add in her ranged attacks (Her fire kicks and ice breath) and I'd say Enid's got a nice few advantages.

Last edited:
So what are each side wincon so far? If I read this correct it would be Steve and loads of items to put debuffs on debuffs on Enid. while Enid have can freeze or soul hax as a last resort things, right?

but no it's like she could break it in a single blow, what's her AP? (in numbers)
I was wrong about this. steve has around a 1.2 times Ap Advantage. It's not too significant but it ones mean Obsidian will take most of Enid's attacks.
Lingering Potion keeps the potion's effect in place for a long period of time, if she tried to get close after he used one of these she would still get caught by the effect (if steve gets caught in the effect he would only need to drink milk to remove the effects)
thanks for explaining that.
Using fireworks he would probably be able to get out of range before being affected by the tornado hands, besides she would have to be careful with the iron golems that would probably already be done in this case and trying not to enter the area of effect of the Lingering Potions that had been been used previously
Alright.
They can't resist, they're not organic and they're practically entirely made of iron, the ice could freeze their surface, but it's not like they can't just use force to break the ice, but you can say it can only try to run away from them and attack from a distance as they are slow.
If you ae trapped in a block of ice it doesn't matter if you are organic or inorganic. You can't escape without resistance to ice manipulation.

I haven't even talked about crossbow fireworks or using TNT in combat or end crystals yet.
This might be asking a lot and it's okay if you don't, can you please make a list of Steve's most useful equipment here and how it will help him?

Also since Steve's runs under RPG character mechanics and doesn't have a starting move or weapon he uses aren't we are mostly debating a coin flip scenario. For example if Steve notices Enid is getting close and engaging ham in close quarters combat he might try taking out his sword instead and fight her that way which would lead to him being defeated by Enid's skill advantage. Wouldn't Steve be more compelled to use cqc if his opponent is rapidly pressuring him by using it?

This might be asking a lot and it's okay if you don't, can you please make a list of Steve's most useful equipment here and how it will help him?

Also since Steve's runs under RPG character mechanics and doesn't have a starting move or weapon he uses aren't we are mostly debating a coin flip scenario. For example if Steve notices Enid is getting close and engaging ham in close quarters combat he might try taking out his sword instead and fight her that way which would lead to him being defeated by Enid's skill advantage. Wouldn't Steve be more compelled to use cqc if his opponent is rapidly pressuring him by using it?
I Just woke up, I Will respond to both later, ok?

I will answer this first one which will take less time, Yes, there is always the possibility that Steve will try to go in physical combat against Enid and I will not pretend that this is not possible, instead I will try to talk about why Steve would probably not choose this option. Basically all the creatures that Steve would have interacted with so far in his life would be beings from the Minecraft world who are not very intelligent or complex... the most intelligent being skeletons, guardians and vilagers and none of them have a very complex form of intelligence( at least not compared to steve) they are not even able to converse in a complex way, the fact that Enid can talk like... a person would already show steve that he is facing something different from his normal

ok, you can say he could still go into direct physical combat with that, fair and fair, allow me to try against arguing this already, Wither and Ender Dragon, 2 monsters that the player doesn't face conventionally are very strong monsters, Steve is always sure prepare before facing them, if Steve unprepared faced one of them he wouldn't just go into physical combat, he would try to use what he has or to run away or to face them, the point is, because of how different Enid is from the opponents Steve's common (and even being smart) I don't believe he would try to go into direct combat with her right away at least putting him to use his other forms of combat (the ones mentioned above in this thread)

After reading that I agree that Steve won't open with cqc but I honestly think Steve will have trouble getting off the ground with Enid constantly chasing him with stuff like her body replacement. Enid will start out pretty close to Steve with her Body replacement .she probably won't give him time to reach into his hammerspace, equip his wings, and lift off. she would likely stay close and chase him with her teleportation.

Alright, sorry for getting to this late. I should probably help Enid's case here.

For those who want to know how Enid's soul-absorption works, here's the episode where she uses it:

She states that when there are many people she gets stressed which causes her to do that. I would say it's fair to assume any type of stress would cause her to do this though. But I don't think it's quite in character for her to get easily stressed during combat. It would likely need to be prolonged for a fair amount of time before she resorted to it.

I also saw Enid's ice breath get brought up, and I'm not sure how it works on the wiki, but does being able to break out of ice involve lifting strength, or ice-manipulation resistance?

Another noteworthy technique is that Enid can create clones and in-character has done it to trick the opponent and avoid taking damage. She does so against Elodie in Season 1:

She could use this same technique to not only land attacks on Steve, but also avoid taking many hits from him.
She could avoid even more hits by using her technique to turn into a log which she frequently does in the series:

This would make it quite hard to hit her despite the equalization of speed if you ask me. Plus it enables her to land attacks more often than Steve would be able to given her Martial Arts training. Add in her ranged attacks (Her fire kicks and ice breath) and I'd say Enid's got a nice few advantages.

Another thing I noticed about Enid's ice abilities. It's stated on her wiki page that it can turn characters with high levels of durability into fragile brittle ice block that can be broken by a mere kick: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Enid_(OK_K.O.)#:~:text=This ice was able to make the Gloop, that could survive attacks from high level heroes, brittle enough to shatter in a kick.
That seems like a good win-con to me. As well as of course the soul-absorption, but that's a last resort type move.
Is your vote for Enid?

Basic Equipment: Armor, sword, axe, pickaxe, shovel, hoe that can be made from any of the following materials: Leather (armour only), Wood (tools only), stone (for tools only), iron, gold, diamond, netherite. Bow and arrow, Crossbow (may have several already loaded to shoot at high speed) trident (this one is kind of useless without enchantments) and shield (already mentioned previously why it's good), tools can also be used to get under the ground to run away

More diverse equipment still created for direct combat: Potions, Throwing Potions, Lingering Potion and arrows with potions (list of all minecraft potions here), totem of undying, fireworks (can be placed in the Crossbow to deal damage in area when shooting) and bucket of milk (to take effects)

Blocks: it has a very large list of blocks that can be used both for mobility (Speed briding) and for defense (putting blocks between you and your opponent to block attacks and hinder mobility), few minecraft blocks are affected by gravity, so if they try to take down tall structures created by Steve it will just keep the rest of the structure floating (this shouldn't be considered game mechanics alone, there's not much more to talk about here

Golems: if a carved pumpkin and 4 iron blocks are placed in a cross position an iron golem is created, snow golems can also be created in a similar way... but even in the world of minecraft they are kind of useless so no I think they would be used

Buckets: Lava buckets can be placed to burn opponents or create safe areas if steve has the fire resistance effect, water buckets can be used to increase mobility or push enemies as well as negating fall damage if necessary.

flying: Elytra alone allow gliding that can simulate flight, if fireworks are used together they can be used for true flight, this being one of the fastest ways to move minecraft (besides it can be used to bomb potions, arrows and fireworks) , pistons with slime blocks can also be used to give great boost.

TNT: simple, put a TNT block on the ground and fire it with a Flint and Stell it will explode in no time, any fire can actually activate it, so since it has fire attacks it can be used against it.

flint and stell: set the ground on fire, there's not much to talk about

end crystals: similar to TNT, but with a stronger explosion than TNT and explode with one hit automatically

this is everything i can remember now

Another thing I noticed about Enid's ice abilities. It's stated on her wiki page that it can turn characters with high levels of durability into fragile brittle ice block that can be broken by a mere kick: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Enid_(OK_K.O.)#:~:text=This ice was able to make the Gloop, that could survive attacks from high level heroes, brittle enough to shatter in a kick.
That seems like a good win-con to me. As well as of course the soul-absorption, but that's a last resort type move.
Ok, here ice Breath is brobably her best win con here

After reading that I agree that Steve won't open with cqc but I honestly think Steve will have trouble getting off the ground with Enid constantly chasing him with stuff like her body replacement. Enid will start out pretty close to Steve with her Body replacement .she probably won't give him time to reach into his hammerspace, equip his wings, and lift off. she would likely stay close and chase him with her teleportation.
Lingering potions, lava and palcing block would be usefull to make here stay away from him

this battle in a nutshell

e2bb4360a16399ba364959c71f26ee29.jpg
vs
a5e28134bcd372c8599fabbf8829ed29.jpg

Basic Equipment: Armor, sword, axe, pickaxe, shovel, hoe that can be made from any of the following materials: Leather (armour only), Wood (tools only), stone (for tools only), iron, gold, diamond, netherite. Bow and arrow, Crossbow (may have several already loaded to shoot at high speed) trident (this one is kind of useless without enchantments) and shield (already mentioned previously why it's good), tools can also be used to get under the ground to run away

More diverse equipment still created for direct combat: Potions, Throwing Potions, Lingering Potion and arrows with potions (list of all minecraft potions here), totem of undying, fireworks (can be placed in the Crossbow to deal damage in area when shooting) and bucket of milk (to take effects)

Blocks: it has a very large list of blocks that can be used both for mobility (Speed briding) and for defense (putting blocks between you and your opponent to block attacks and hinder mobility), few minecraft blocks are affected by gravity, so if they try to take down tall structures created by Steve it will just keep the rest of the structure floating (this shouldn't be considered game mechanics alone, there's not much more to talk about here

Golems: if a carved pumpkin and 4 iron blocks are placed in a cross position an iron golem is created, snow golems can also be created in a similar way... but even in the world of minecraft they are kind of useless so no I think they would be used

Buckets: Lava buckets can be placed to burn opponents or create safe areas if steve has the fire resistance effect, water buckets can be used to increase mobility or push enemies as well as negating fall damage if necessary.

flying: Elytra alone allow gliding that can simulate flight, if fireworks are used together they can be used for true flight, this being one of the fastest ways to move minecraft (besides it can be used to bomb potions, arrows and fireworks) , pistons with slime blocks can also be used to give great boost.

TNT: simple, put a TNT block on the ground and fire it with a Flint and Stell it will explode in no time, any fire can actually activate it, so since it has fire attacks it can be used against it.

flint and stell: set the ground on fire, there's not much to talk about

end crystals: similar to TNT, but with a stronger explosion than TNT and explode with one hit automatically
Thank you for writing the list. Seems like it took a little while.
Most of the basic equipment is countered by Enid's skill and mobility advantage.
Teleportation can help get around the blocks.
Enid could make multiple clones of herself to fend off the golems and go after Steve. Ice Breath also helps with that.
Enid has her Water Ring here so she could counter the lava and control the water.
She could chase him with teleportation.
A few seconds isn't exactly no time. she could easily move out of his explosion range once she sees its about to explode.

Last edited:
Thank you for writing the list. Seems like it took a little while.
Most of the basic equipment is countered by Enid's skill and mobility advantage.
Teleportation can help get around the blocks.
Enid could make multiple clones of herself to fend off the golems and go after Steve. Ice Breath also helps with that.
Enid has her Water Ring here so she could counter the lava and control the water.
She could chase him with teleportation.
A few seconds isn't exactly no time. she could easily move out of he explosion range once she sees its about to explode.
Ok, you convinced me. I chance my vote for Enid

Back