• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 1, Match 1: Enid Mettle vs Steve (Minecraft)

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
The very first matchup of the 8-B tournament!

Enid Mettle vs Steve (Minecraft)

Both are 8-B.

Speed is equalized.

Steve will have his potions, but not his enchantments. Enid will have all of her optional equipment.

ColonelSlyBanjo will be using Steve, and LaserPrecision will be using Enid.

Fight takes place in Beacontown.

Steve: 1 (ColonelSlyBanjo)

Enid: 9 (NomsNoms, Chaos Jester25, JustANormalLemon, Popted2, Oleggator, FluffyCreatureZ, catzlaflame, EliminatorVenom, LaserPrecision)

R.c9d9c17f754ed79ec29c6897f034c8fb

OIP.U1EJ5Ks8ceI7zqRciv3zfQHaEo

Last edited:
"Mining-Misundersting"
"Steve has gone to explore his surrounding, as he has been transported in a instent from his safe and cozy cottage....to a bright and vibrant city."

"The strong block-men is unsure on what has happened, but he knows one thing "when in doubt....Mine."

".....so he does just that, he proceeds to start mining down the walls of a building with his trusty Pickaxe. When suddenly......."

"CLANK-"

"He had been hit in the back by something-....and it hurt"
"He turns around expecting to see a skeleton archer point a bow at him, but there was no archer."
"instead there was a tall young girl with purple hair and what seem to be small sharp metal dagers (or Kunai as she would call them)"

"HEY YOU- WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THAT WALL!?"

"Steve had just finished mining the wall...."

"WHA- HOW DID YOU- THAT'S ARE WALL!"

"The stranger gets in what seems to be a battle position, steve realizes he's going to have to fight"

"Hm"

"He equips his iron-sword and iron-armor"

FIGHT!

Will steve have access to his potions, Totem of dying, or possibly have his melee weapons & bows/armor Enchanted?
some of the Potions are capable of slowing down, harming, or poisoning enid.

how would her Soul Absorption work against Steve?
Enid's Late series key (High 6-A) will one-shot steve

Will steve have access to his potions, Totem of dying, or possibly have his melee weapons & bows/armor Enchanted?
some of the Potions are capable of slowing down, harming, or poisoning enid.

how would her Soul Absorption work against Steve?
Enid's Late series key (High 6-A) will one-shot steve
1. Steve will have access to potions, and he can have his melee weapons enchanted. Enid's Low-high regen is a huge problem for Steve.

2. We're using Enid's and Steve's 8-B keys.

That is in her HIgh 6-A key.
Steve has an advantage using his potions like Poison weakening enid, Slowness to slow down her movement speed, Weakness can downgrade her attack potency and striking strength by a tier, Decay could wither and decay away, and Instant Harming ignores any type of durability.

The only equipment enid has is her Water Ring on her Base key of 8-B.

Steve's options are very variable depending on the items he has access to, for example if he has iron blocks and pumpkins he can build iron golems in the middle of combat, does he have an Elytra? apparently his items are limited to iron items in this fight... what enchantments does he have? does he have a shield? does he have arrows with potions? does he have what blocks with him? depending on it, he can fortnite and build fortresses to defend himself (what would be in character, who never made a tower to escape zombies?)

That is in her HIgh 6-A key.
Steve has an advantage using his potions like Poison weakening enid, Slowness to slow down her movement speed, Weakness can downgrade her attack potency and striking strength by a tier, Decay could wither and decay away, and Instant Harming ignores any type of durability.

The only equipment enid has is her Water Ring on her Base key of 8-B.
As I still don't know how her soul absorption works, my vote goes to Steve for simply having a lot more options and variety for this fight.

Maybe something like Base vs Base would work better, Steve is given a fat potion, enchanted amp stomp.
I can't say about that, besides being much more experienced in combat, she would be much more used to a situation like this (she faces opponents who know how to fight and have many tricks up their sleeves, while steve has never faced someone with a more intelligent behavior than a evoker or a guardian) in addition to having better long range options, steve only has many, many more options than she does.

I'll vote for Enid for being far better at h2h/cqc than Steve is, and has extremely good regen. I really don't think she even needs to use her abilities, but if she needs to she will. She also has Body Replacement which works like Substitution from Naruto.

I'll vote for Enid for being far better at h2h/cqc than Steve is, and has extremely good regen. I really don't think she even needs to use her abilities, but if she needs to she will. She also has Body Replacement which works like Substitution from Naruto.
8-B Enid does not have Low-high regen, but everything else is valid ig, so vote counted.

I'm going to give Steve his potions, but I'll probably remove the enchantments.
Yeah, weakness potion/Instant harming potions combined with enchantment sword/arrows a total stomp in steves favor.

Enid's Low-High regeneration is only exclusive to her Late series/High 6-A base key.
She also has Ice breath in her Early series/8-B base key

I still think that the sheer amount of possibilities that steve has is more than enough to win this fight, blinding potion, poison, weakness, slowness, nausea, slowness and fire resistance are already great utilitarians here, besides him being able to shape the terrain its own advantage placing and removing blocks with the pickaxe pa and axe, shield will help him to defend himself from some attacks, depending on the items he has he can even fly to get distance and shoot bolts (which can have potions effects in it, besides being able to use the spectral arrow to know which of the clones is the real one if it hits before the clones form, in the worst case he can use an invisibility potion and hide while trying to form a plan, and I haven't even started to talk about setting up iron golems to help him (since she clones herself, why can't he create helpers too?)

Now let me try to defend Enid, her soul absorption is probably her biggest Win con, but I still have no idea how this works as I don't know how many of her powers work (she's talking a lot about references in her profile... ) so let's guess:
She has more experience and is also more skilled than steve in combat, so she would probably be able to easily defeat steve if he went into direct melee combat, wind manipulation would probably make it difficult for Steve if he tried to fly...one second , I just saw the explanation in her "remarkable atawues", one second

Okay, I just read how her attacks work, so let's go

Soul absorption is apparently not usable in combat as she needs to be stressed (apparently from social anxiety) to use it and she doesn't seem to have control of this ability naturally.

Her multiple attacks seem to be long range, which is perfect for steve, the further away they are from each other the more weird techniques he can use against her, I've already commented on how he can identify which one is real using the spectral arrow and case she blocks with her leftover, the potion would only break and she would be hit by the potion's AOE depending on her distance from the shadow, Steve manages to fend off multiples of her attacks with her shield or fire resistance potion, wind manipulation her is a little different from what i thought, it should still hamper steve flying but not as much as they are just tornado hands, so they shouldn't have as much reach, if she uses ice blast on steve using the shield i can see him freezing her arms together, but even if she manages to do good damage to him, he will always have health and regeneration potions as well as golden apples to heal himself.

in the end, the longer she takes to defeat steve, the harder it will be for her to win, the ability to manipulate the terrain using blocks, flying, shooting potions, regeneration and creating iron golems to help him should be more than enough for steve to win, so in my opinion it all depends on which option steve will choose for combat, if he goes with the long game or goes after the opponent with his sword, if he plays the long game he wins, if he goes to up he loses

If the reason the shield is so important isn't clear, it can completely block Steve from taking blast damage from
Charged Creepers, End Crystal's and Wither's Spawn Explosion

Soul absorption is apparently not usable in combat as she needs to be stressed (apparently from social anxiety) to use it and she doesn't seem to have control of this ability naturally.
Soul absorption is is usable in combat. Enid normally keeps a level but she is likely to get more stressed as the battle goes on allowing her to suck in and eat Steve's soul.
Her multiple attacks seem to be long range, which is perfect for steve, the further away they are from each other the more weird techniques he can use against her
Enid in character won't spam attacks from afar. She would get close with her body replacement and brawl him down up close. Most of Steve's potions won't land anyway due to the body replacement technique she likes to spam.
Steve manages to fend off multiples of her attacks with her shield or fire resistance potion, wind manipulation her is a little different from what i thought, it should still hamper steve flying but not as much as they are just tornado hands, so they shouldn't have as much reach, if she uses ice blast on steve using the shield i can see him freezing her arms together, but even if she manages to do good damage to him, he will always have health and regeneration potions as well as golden apples to heal himself.
One Enid notices fire attacks aren't working she would most likely rely on something else.The Air manipulation creates a pretty large tornado with just here hand movements How would it not hinder Steve? Steve doesn't have attack reflections so he couldn't freeze Enid with her ice breath. Enid's body replacement technique and smoke smoke manipulation could also help her since Steve's shield isn't omnidirectional.

If he goes with the long game or goes after the opponent with his sword, if he plays the long game he wins, if he goes to up he loses
Enid could force Steve into a close combat fight which she will most likely do.

I'm voting Enid. She would get close and then brawl Steve down with her martial arts and other abilities.

Last edited:
I'll try to show you how steve's ability to build structures is more op than it looks, but first... what is Enid's soul absorption range?

Flight is negated by Enid's air manipulation.
range of the tornado hands?

Enid could destroy the block structures due to her minor ap advantage
Floating blocks go BRRRRRRRR. and it depends on the material, he can use obsidian blocks for exemple if he has in his inventory

she won't just stand there and wait for Steve to finish doing his things.
Agreed, but have you ever seen someone play minecraft bedwar? speed bridge wille fithing in a range battle is something steve can do (atrogh the potions could be eseasily dodge with replacement jutsus this would creat distance between the 2 of them)

Back